Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[SEASONS] Calender working weirdly

AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
When I try to set an event (a birthday) on Sunday the calendar for some reason places it two mondays later and I don't know why. If I try to set in on that Saturday it simply doesn't appear on the calendar

VYByPCp.png

I tried to use it without any mod and no luck, I'm going to try and repair the game but I'm pretty sure it won't work anyway. Any idea why this happens?

My Origin ID is AbyArashi

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Hey there, it's a known issue! You should probably keep an eye on this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/942274/the-calendar-is-bugged-cant-schedule-ahead/p1
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    This kind of thing was already predicted by many... especially after all the bugs that came with the recent patch. Unfortunately, this is a common trend with The Sims... every time a new pack is released (ESPECIALLY an expansion pack), there are always new bugs and glitches that are added as well.

This is most likely a bug that won't be fixed until next month... or possibly later on... or never... *sigh* The Sims is unpredictable with things like this.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Hey there, it's a known issue! You should probably keep an eye on this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/942274/the-calendar-is-bugged-cant-schedule-ahead/p1

@SimTrippy thank you!! ^^
    This kind of thing was already predicted by many... especially after all the bugs that came with the recent patch. Unfortunately, this is a common trend with The Sims... every time a new pack is released (ESPECIALLY an expansion pack), there are always new bugs and glitches that are added as well.

This is most likely a bug that won't be fixed until next month... or possibly later on... or never... *sigh* The Sims is unpredictable with things like this.

They are already working on it actually :) This is just something that always happens with complex coding: if you introduce a lot of new features, something always gets messed up somewhere. Still, I find they do their best to fix bugs, and sometimes, big ones like these are patched a mere few days later.

They are already working on it actually :) This is just something that always happens with complex coding: if you introduce a lot of new features, something always gets messed up somewhere. Still, I find they do their best to fix bugs, and sometimes, big ones like these are patched a mere few days later.

Well, I hope you're correct. Because The Sims has a big history of situations where bugs are never fixed by the developers... despite being brought up over and over again. That's why I'm a bit skeptical about whether or not they'll end up actually fixing these bugs. I just don't wanna end up having to wait until next month for another patch... :neutral:
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg

Well, I hope you're correct. Because The Sims has a big history of situations where bugs are never fixed by the developers... despite being brought up over and over again. That's why I'm a bit skeptical about whether or not they'll end up actually fixing these bugs. I just don't wanna end up having to wait until next month for another patch... :neutral:

This is a SUPER big issue since the main feature of seasons is the calender and it's not working at all ( ;u;) I hope they fix it soon!
    AbyArashi wrote: »

This is a SUPER big issue since the main feature of seasons is the calender and it's not working at all ( ;u;) I hope they fix it soon!

I know... the calendar is the biggest reason I got so excited for this expansion pack. It would really be awful if this problem goes untouched for longer than a day or two... :disappointed:
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg

I know... the calendar is the biggest reason I got so excited for this expansion pack. It would really be awful if this problem goes untouched for longer than a day or two... :disappointed:

It doesn't happen everywhere though, I think that's why it will take them a little bit of time. On my laptop, for example, I don't have this issue at all even though it's technically the same save. So just give them a moment to reliably reproduce the bug so they can find the cause & fix it :) I understand being worried, but they really have improved their bug fixing skills a lot & I'm sure they'll find out what's happening!

Please, both of you, if you haven't already, click me too on this thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-S-Planning-events-using-the-calender-not-working-for-long/m-p/6878063#M63966

Perhaps describe your problem again. The more they know the better!
    Ah I think you've added yours @AbyArashi that's good :D

It doesn't happen everywhere though, I think that's why it will take them a little bit of time. On my laptop, for example, I don't have this issue at all even though it's technically the same save. So just give them a moment to reliably reproduce the bug so they can find the cause & fix it :) I understand being worried, but they really have improved their bug fixing skills a lot & I'm sure they'll find out what's happening!

Please, both of you, if you haven't already, click me too on this thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-S-Planning-events-using-the-calender-not-working-for-long/m-p/6878063#M63966

Perhaps describe your problem again. The more they know the better!

I just did!! I'm sure they will fix it soon, I have faith on them hahaha
    Yeah for this, me too. I'm sure we'll see a fix pretty soon! In the meantime, I'll just have to live without scheduled birthdays on my PC. Might stick to the laptop save for a bit xD