Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I get an antidote?

So I've been playing the new jungle adventure pack. And my sim got attacked by a poisonous dart. I got a moodlet for it and it said to search online. So i've tried searching online and nothing has come up for my sim. Does anybody know how I get the antidote? Thanks.

Comments

• EmleeeyEmleeey Posts: 1 New Member
    Go to the museum and use the computer
    Purchase the antidote $1000
    Chug antidote and you’re cured.
  • utopiamoonutopiamoon Posts: 68 Member
    Emleeey wrote: »
    Go to the museum and use the computer
    Purchase the antidote $1000
    Chug antidote and you’re cured.

Thank you! I figured it out on my own but thanks anyway!
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    you can also talk to selvadoradan sims. some of them will know how to make an antidote out of bone dust. which is gotten the first time a sim fails a trap, from the occasional treasure chest, and sometimes from digging up excavation sites. max level selvadoradan culture skill also lets a sim buy it from the merchants at the tables (have to click the merchant specifically to see the option to 'ask about secret merchandise'
  • kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    you can also talk to selvadoradan sims. some of them will know how to make an antidote out of bone dust. which is gotten the first time a sim fails a trap, from the occasional treasure chest, and sometimes from digging up excavation sites. max level selvadoradan culture skill also lets a sim buy it from the merchants at the tables (have to click the merchant specifically to see the option to 'ask about secret merchandise'

Yes! As @kalaksed said - Excavate some sites and you should get plenty of bone dust. Then trade it to a Selvadoradan sim and you'll get the antidote for free.

My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I put a computer in the café /bar. I didn't thin about the museum. But I noticed only the sick poisoned sim could order it, unless my healthy sim missed it.
  • beeke404beeke404 Posts: 24 Member
    Anyone else having trouble getting the antidote to appear in the sim's inventory? It worked the first time I had the sim order one from the computer but after getting poisoned again, whenever I order one, it doesn't show up in the sim's inventory.
    that's interesting, especially with a curse also needing that antidote. if your sim has collected any bone powder from any of the ways mentioned above, have them talk to locals. several will be able to turn said powder into an antidote (which, by the way, can be cloned in a cloning machine with get to work, but cannot be sold in a retail store)

by the way, i've made one selvadoradan sim playable and, while they don't seem to be able to make the antidote on their own, other sims talking to them can still ask them to make an antidote.
    > @kalaksed said:
    > that's interesting, especially with a curse also needing that antidote. if your sim has collected any bone powder from any of the ways mentioned above, have them talk to locals. several will be able to turn said powder into an antidote (which, by the way, can be cloned in a cloning machine with get to work, but cannot be sold in a retail store)
    >
    > by the way, i've made one selvadoradan sim playable and, while they don't seem to be able to make the antidote on their own, other sims talking to them can still ask them to make an antidote.

I tried asking a local for an antidote but when they give me one, it still won't show up in the inventory.
    that is very weird. i'd suggest trying to repair your game through origin, just to make sure everything came through properly. not guaranteeing this will fix it, but i sure hope it will
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Bone dust and talk to a local and they will give it to you
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • CairieeCairiee Posts: 19 Member
    beeke404 wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble getting the antidote to appear in the sim's inventory? It worked the first time I had the sim order one from the computer but after getting poisoned again, whenever I order one, it doesn't show up in the sim's inventory.

is there an empty glass in your sims invetory from the last antidote? if so is there a number indicating a stack? this is where my sims second glass of antidote was hiding
    my child sim has the green spotted poison now, and I cant see the antidote on the computer, I'm wondering if it can only be bought by adults who are sick with it. But she is a child. I'll try and get one made with the bone dust.
    i didn't even know kids could get poisoned. but you've got plenty of time to save them (almost a week of game time...crazy long). might need to poison an adult so they can buy or get the antidote made (just would have to do it twice, or clone the one they get...i've gone ahead and cloned an antidote. it never goes bad, so keep one on the 'potions' shelves next to the cloning machine. apparently can't sell it in retail stores, though, which is exactly what i was planning to do with the family that sells everything already...)
    she recovered. what is the cloning machine. off to bed now, will read this thread again later today when I have been to sleep. it's 2:30 am here.
    the cloning machine is a scientist invention, available through the scientist career in get to work. it lets you make clones of certain items that you put onto it. and, when fully upgraded, lets sims make clones of themselves, too
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    my child sim has the green spotted poison now, and I cant see the antidote on the computer, I'm wondering if it can only be bought by adults who are sick with it. But she is a child. I'll try and get one made with the bone dust.

The sick sim must look for the antidote and it's a menu option by itself, not where the regular medicine is found.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

The sick sim must look for the antidote and it's a menu option by itself, not where the regular medicine is found.

It wasn't anywhere on the computer, and I couldn't buy it from any market sellers either, and no option came up for them to make it. I tried with the child who was sick and both parents. Fortunately she got better.

@kalaksed Thank you for that. I had forgotten about that one. Pity it isn't in the kids chemistry table or adults cant make it as part of the herbalism , Or can they?? does anyone know?? maybe with those new berries or fruits??
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Personally, they should've brought the marked for death by poison thing down to 3 days, but that's me. >:)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    i've been trying to test if subsequent poisonings will bump the poisoning up to the next stage, but even my 0 skill tester sim keeps dodging the blasted things...
    Ok I finally found it! I didn't realize the antidote looked the same as a glass of water lol I actually don't know if it's always been there or if it appeared after restarting again lol Either way, thanks for the help!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Does it have to be the sick Sim who asks about the antidote? Or can another Sim who has bone dust do that?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    gotta be sick (or have the one curse that requires the poison antidote). no matter how much bone dust your sim has, they can't ask if they're not poisoned (or have that specific curse that i forget the name of). and, even played selvadoradan sims can't make it themselves. they've got to ask others to make it. but other sims can ask them and they'll make it (i have a selvadoradan poison ghost in one household. he made a few antidotes, but now i just have them clone the things up)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    gotta be sick (or have the one curse that requires the poison antidote). no matter how much bone dust your sim has, they can't ask if they're not poisoned (or have that specific curse that i forget the name of). and, even played selvadoradan sims can't make it themselves. they've got to ask others to make it. but other sims can ask them and they'll make it (i have a selvadoradan poison ghost in one household. he made a few antidotes, but now i just have them clone the things up)

Thanks! That solved it :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member

Thank you, I was wondering about that. My sim went to the jungle with an NPC friend, and the friend got poisoned. I wanted to get an antidote for him, since my sim had bone dust and lots of money, but couldn't. I guess I can't help him :-(
  • buddhistbabe90buddhistbabe90 Posts: 1 New Member
    I got poisoned IMMEDIATELY. Spent a week excavating trying to get bone dust. None to be found. Went to the library to order bone dust. NO OPTION to order bone dust or antidote. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place, it just isn't there. So I read this forum and I'm like, okay, I'll go home and just buy the antidote. Went home and NO OPTION to order it at home. 🐸🐸🐸🐸?? Do I need to reinstall or something? The only instructions that I get are "order it on a computer", and I can't find it on the computer at all. Is it somewhere in the menu that I'm not looking?