Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Time Lord Challenge (Updated November 2021)

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    nastyjman wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Seasons could have a lot of TL gameplay.

We'll finally have our own Christmas episode. :)

And a real Father Christmas. Have you seen the Seasons Holiday trailer? There's a kid wearing what I think is an elf hat that has elf ears attached. So he could have evil helpers.
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Seasons could have a lot of TL gameplay.

We'll finally have our own Christmas episode. :)

And a real Father Christmas. Have you seen the Seasons Holiday trailer? There's a kid wearing what I think is an elf hat that has elf ears attached. So he could have evil helpers.

Omg. I know. There's a lot of potential in storytelling and scenarios with the holiday calendar!
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
    Oh my! :o

From the patch notes:

"We added a re-traiting potion. Huh? Yup! Go to the Satisfaction Store in the Aspiration panel and spend your satisfaction points. This lets you swap out your traits."

Now I have to look into this and adjust the rules if need be.
    I'm actually excited to test this out. One of the things I didn't like about re-traiting through "testingcheats on" is that the previous traits aren't fully "erased." On the rules, I allow the "Carefree" reward trait because the Tense emotion will crop up from the previously used traits.

Hopefully this potion will fix that issue. If it does, then I'll get rid of the "Carefree" reward trait to add fun and variety to the challenge.

Cannot wait!
    I know, that's great to hear.
    edited June 2018
    First test:

The Loner trait is easy to trigger the Tense emotion. I had a test sim go inside a library and waited for it to be populated with others sims. I changed the Loner trait to something else, placed the test sim back in the library, and the Tense emotion did not trigger.

So far, so good.

EDIT: Subsequent testing shows that previously used traits do not trigger their respective Tense emotions. I will be changing the rules to accommodate the Re-Traiting Potion.
    Post edited by nastyjman on
    Rules changed. I did some testing on traits that triggers the tense emotions. I've sampled five traits, and they don't seem to come up after they had been re-traited.

Changes on the rules are as follows:

- Strictly no buying reward traits in the store, not even Carefree since Tense emotions from a previously used trait do not reemerge.
    - Added penalty if Re-Traiting Potion is bought with a cheat.
    - Rewrote regeneration steps to accommodate Re-Traiting Potion.

That's it. Little tweak, but big possibilities. I am going to create a new Time Lord to fully test these changes (and also re-experience the challenge with plummin' Seasons).
    Seems like the risk of death is higher with this expansion. The current rules doens't really have instructions on how to deal with your Time Lord's death. I am experimenting with something that can fix that.
    Expansion is so pretty! There are a lot of exterior stuff that gets snubbed with the strict TARDIS rule. Because of that I'm planning to move the TARDIS rule to the Roleplay section.

Also I'm removing money cheats. With a new Time Lord, it felt overwhelming to create a TARDIS from scratch. So I'm playing it as normal without money cheats, letting it progress naturally as I make simoleons.

Update on the rules will be made soon.
    April 2018 Rules

ljlNHak.png

The purpose of this challenge is two-fold: fandom and variety. For fans, this is a great opportunity to roleplay as a Time Lord. For non-fans, this is a challenge that allows you to use most of the available traits on one Sim who will change appearance yet keep their skills, reward traits, relationships and aspiration points.

Time Lords are a time-traveling race in the Doctor Who universe (click here to learn more). When they are mortally wounded or in the brink of death, a Time Lord can “regenerate” to cheat death.

In Sims 4, you will regenerate at the moment of aging rather than death. The limit for regeneration is twelve, which totals thirteen incarnations for your Time Lord.

MPh3HOe.png

CREATE-A-TIME-LORD
    Create a new game, then design your Time Lord. They can be any gender, color, voice and walk. However, they cannot be a special type of sim (ghost, alien, vampire, etc.).

Their age must be set to Adult. You cannot choose any other age. If you want to roleplay as an Elder, change their hair to gray and add wrinkles in “Skin Details”.

To name your Time Lord, think of a profession, a title, an object or anything. Whatever you choose will be their Last Name. For example, if you chose engineer, then their last name is “Engineer”. If you are having a hard time thinking of a Last Name, go to http://timelord.namegeneratorfun.com

Now that you have your Time Lord’s Last Name, set the first name as “First”. With the example above, your Time Lord’s name should be “First Engineer".

Click the Game Settings, and modify the settings as follows:
    • Auto Age (Played Sims): Active Household Only
    • Auto Age (Unplayed Sims): Checked
    • Sim Lifespan: Normal
    Once done, save your First Time Lord in your Gallery and click Play.

THE TARDIS
    In the Doctor Who universe, the TARDIS is a vehicle that travels through time and space. It stands for Time And Relative Dimension In Space. It is a box that’s smaller outside but bigger in the inside (click here for a video explanation).

You must move your Time Lord in a 50 x 50 lot or larger. If the lot is occupied, you must evict and bulldoze it. This will be your Time Lord’s permanent lot, which means they cannot move out from it.

Since your Time Lord is using their knowledge of Transdimensional Engineering, you can use money cheats (kaching, rosebud and motherlode) and lot modifications (bb.moveobjects on and bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement). For a harder challenge, you can opt out of these cheats.

Build your TARDIS underground. The TARDIS will be your home, and it should contain all rooms, necessities and luxuries. You can only have one access point to your TARDIS, meaning you can only have one doorway leading underground, just like a bunker.

You can disguise the access point to your TARDIS. It can be the traditional “blue box”, a home, a diner or anything. The only limit is your imagination, so go wild!

To further decorate your TARIDS, you can use bb.moveobjects on and bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement. Also, you can enlarge objects by holding “SHIFT” and pressing “]”, and if you want to reduce the size, hold “SHIFT” and press “[“.

If building is not your strong-suit, you can download the "Abandoned TARDIS" in The Gallery. Simply search for "Abandoned TARDIS" and place it in a 50 x 50 or larger lot. You can also download other simmer's TARDIS, but you must delete any collectibles that are included.

OBJECTIVES
    You have four objectives to complete: skills, aspirations, collections and mementos.

Your Time Lord must master 16 skills and finish 15 aspirations.

They must complete 6 types of collections. You must keep the collectibles on your lot or household inventory. Extra collectibles can be sold to avoid clutter.

Finally, they must have 26 mementos kept on your lot. Each incarnation of your Time Lord must have 2 mementos. The following items qualify as mementos:
    • Painting of Time Lord created by another sim
    • Photo of Time Lord taken by another sim
    • Masterpiece painting made by Time Lord
    • Bestseller book made by Time Lord
    • Excellent woodworking sculpture or furniture made by Time Lord
    • Song written by Time Lord
    • Gold-level reward items from social events
    • Career rewards items
    • Career crafted items
    You can have more than 2 mementos per incarnation, but only 2 will be counted for points. You can have dedicated rooms for your collections and mementos, like a museum within your lot.

REWARD STORE RESTRICTIONS
    During the course of the challenge, you will gain a lot of aspiration points. However, you cannot buy any reward traits.

Youth Potions and Re-Traiting Potions are strictly limited to the regeneration process. You cannot buy these except in the regeneration phase.

All other potions are purchasable at any time.

REGENERATION
    In the Doctor Who universe, a Time Lord regenerates when they are mortally wounded or in the brink of death. (click here to learn more)

If you have three to zero days remaining as an Adult, you must begin the regeneration phase. There will be a notification for your birthday to remind you so don't forget!

If an expansion/game/stuff pack has an item or activity that resets your Time Lord’s age, you cannot use that item or activity. Only youth potions are allowed to reset their age.

If you do not have enough points to purchase a Youth Potion and/or Re-Traiting Potions, open the cheat console by pressing and holding CTRL-SHIFT-C. In the console, type in testingcheats on and then type sims.give_satisfaction_points 1500 for Youth Potion and/or sims.give_satisfaction_points 5000 for Re-Traiting Potion.

Once done, follow these steps for the regeneration process:
    1. Buy and Drink the Youth Potion from the Rewards Store.
    2. Buy and Drink the Re-Traiting Potion from the Rewards Store.
    3. Pick two new traits NOT used by past Time Lords. The third trait can be a previously used trait or any trait.
    4. To keep track of what traits you had picked, copy this text on a text file: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16429447/#Comment_16429447 or download this sheet https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EHMzZg6hmfHGaf_WCSEtxM4VU8NaFOIETsTDhqGbMkk or this text file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1W8HjTh3UTDI0PwgQ2YD9VvVxmy-9u-tmWa6YCZTdkFU
    5. After picking new traits, open the cheat console. To do this, press and hold CTRL-SHIFT-C.
    6. Type in testingcheats on
    7. Type in cas.fulleditmode
    8. Hold SHIFT, LEFT-CLICK your Time Lord and then CLICK "Modify in CAS"
    9. WARNING! If you changed your Time Lord’s age in CAS, all reward traits and purchased traits will be deleted. If you accidentally switched their age in CAS, cancel the edit and return to Step 2.
    10. In Create-A-Sim, randomize the look of your Time Lord. You can tweak their appearance, voice, gender and walk. They should not look like previous Time Lords.
    11. Change their first name to the next number. For example, if you are changing the “First”, then you must change their name to “Second”.
    12. Save the Time Lord in your Gallery. If you want to share, add the hashtag #timelordchallenge.
    13. Press Done
    There will be 12 regenerations, giving you a total of 13 Time Lords.

SCORING
    At the end of your Time Lord’s thirteenth incarnation, you can now add up their score. Total maximum score for the whole challenge is 90 points.

Collections (18 Points)
    • 3 Points for each completed Collection. Limit 6 collections.
    Aspirations (30 Points)
    • 2 Points for each Aspiration completed. Limit 15 aspirations.
    • 1 Point for each Scenario completed. See Roleplay section for details.
    Skills (16 Points)
    • 1 Point for each skill maxed. Limit 16 skills.
    • Skills that has 10 levels qualify for points. Anything less are not counted.
    Mementos (26 Points)
    • 1 Point for each memento crafted or received. Limit 2 points per incarnation.
    Penalty
    • Minus 1 Point for each Potion of Youth purchased with sims.give_satisfaction_points cheat.
    • Minus 1 Point for each Re-Traiting Potion purchased with sims.give_satisfaction_points cheat.

henIHQI.png

COMPANIONS
    Having a companion is not a requirement, but they enliven the challenge and keep your Time Lord company. They can be any age and any type of relationship status.

There are two ways to gain a companion: you can befriend them and ask them to move in, or you can add them in your household via “Manage Household.” If that sim has a family or roommates, you can bring them in or leave them out.

Since your companions are normal sims, they do not follow the reward store restrictions. They can purchase traits and potions at any time. However, they cannot purchase Youth Potions for themselves or for your Time Lord.

Children can be born or adopted in the household. The parents can either be your Time Lord or companions. The children are considered companions and therefore cannot regenerate.

You can only age your companions at any time with birthday cakes.

Pets are allowed in the household.

Companions can be moved out from your TARDIS at any time. You are allowed to use the cheat freerealestate on to place them in an empty or vacant lot of your choosing.

TIME TRAVEL GUIDE
    To simulate time travel, you can download themed lots from The Gallery. When placing them and sharing your story, please don't forget to credit the Sim Architect!

Here are some suggestions on hashtags and the worlds associated with them. For each worlds, you can designate a specific theme on a neighborhood. For ideas, click this link.

Willow Creek: #jungle #medieval #greek #asian #gothic #tribal

Oasis Springs: #apocalypse #desert #wildwest #western #prehistoric #egyptian

Newcrest: #alien #futuristic #scifi #medieval

San Myshuno: #cyberpunk #alien #futuristic #scifi

TIMEY-WIMEY WIBBLY-WOBBLY
    As a Time Lord, you have control of time (except yours).

Played or Unplayed Sim Households can be aged up with birthday cakes or with cas.fulleditmode in Manage Household. For the sake of roleplay, you should not age down any sim.

If you want a Played Sim Household to age, you must change them to Unplayed and then check Auto Aging Unplayed Sims. To do this, go to Household Management, then click on their plumbob.

If you want an Unplayed Sim Household to stop aging, you can change them to Played by clicking their “Play” button and then exiting back to Manage World.

SCENARIOS
    Scenarios are optional mini-challenges that further expand the universe. Most of them are inspired by Doctor Who episodes. Each scenario has a specific theme, era, characters and goals.

You do not have to complete a scenario immediately. You can pace yourself by doing one scene at a time. You can also just read these scenarios for fun. The purpose of scenarios is for story building and world building.

Below are links for each Scenario:
    1. Meet The Bercys: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16435922/#Comment_16435922
    2. Sirens of Titan: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16440175/#Comment_16440175
    3. Vincent and the Time Lord: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16446617/#Comment_16446617
    4. The Drink (Vampires Required): http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16451119/#Comment_16451119
    5. Stranger Danger: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16461924/#Comment_16461924
    6. More to come. Stay tuned!

INFINITE POTENTIAL
    When you finish the challenge, you can still continue beyond your Thirteenth Time Lord.

The extended play will not be scored, but it is an opportunity for further roleplaying and completing all remaining aspirations, collections, skills and achievements.

Have fun! Allons-y!

FAQ
    Q: Do I need to be a Doctor Who fan to do this challenge?
    A: Nope! You can play this challenge even if you don’t know Doctor Who. I’ve set the challenge to be inviting for non-fans. Even if your story or gameplay is not canon, it is interesting how non-fans interpret the mythos of the Time Lords.

Q: Do I have to keep score?
    A: You don’t have to. You can play the challenge without worrying about collections and skills. But you should still adhere to the regeneration rule since it’s the heart of this challenge.

Q: Can I use mods?
    A: Yes you can, so long as it does not give you an advantage if you are keeping score. If you are not keeping score, you can use any mods so long as you still follow the regeneration rules.

Q: Can I use cheats?
    A: The only cheats allowed are the ones stated in the rules. However, if you are not keeping score, you can use any cheats available in the game so long as you still follow the regeneration rules.

Q: Why is my Time Lord getting tense from a trait he/she doesn’t have?
    A: The game still recognizes the trait your past Time Lord had used. To fix this, purchase the reward trait “Carefree” for 3,000 reward points.

Q: Do I have to finish my TARDIS at the start of the challenge?
    A: Nope. You can expand it as you go on.

Q: Can I make a house instead of a TARDIS?
    A: Absolutely. The TARDIS rule is merely a suggestion, and you can ignore that requirement if you want to create a house instead.

Q: My collections suddenly vanished! What happened?!
    A: This occurs when you move out a companion that had contributed to the collection. Not to worry. As the rules state, you should have your collections in your TARDIS so you can drag and drop them in your inventory to reclaim them.

Q: I’m roleplaying with historical and future-looking sims, and they are interacting with one another in a park/library/lounge/etc. What gives?
    A: It’s possible that your Time Lord had accidentally opened a wormhole that allowed differing timelines to interact with one another. That’s one possibility, but you can make your own story on why different eras are clashing with one another.

Q: What is the meaning of life?
    A: Forty-two.

LET’S PLAY CHANNELS - - -

For anyone curious, here's an older version of the rules:
    Changelog
    • Added DEATH sub-section just in case your Time Lord dies. The Seasons expansion has increased the chances of death to your sims.
    • Added THE TIME LORD'S SPACE which lifts the TARDIS restriction.
    • Moved THE TARDIS to Roleplay Section.
    • Moved COMPANIONS to Gameplay section.
    • No more money cheats.
    • Revised some wording in the rules

That's it for now! Happy Time Traveling (and Seasoning)!
    edited June 2018
    Okay, so I kinda' allowed some money cheats if you really want to create your TARDIS at the get-go.

Also found a streamer doing the challenge, but it's in German. Here's their channel. And here's the first vid.
    Here's my latest Time Lord.

THE CLEANER.

RAtMOfE.jpg

Humble abode, humble beginning.

DCdf4YO.jpg

Luck wasn't smiling down on him, however.

Ub5xH4V.jpg

But the rain did raise his spirits up.

STqjrHt.jpg
  • FreakAboutSimsFreakAboutSims Posts: 795 Member
    Uhh, why only an adult sim? You know The Doctor has been old for much of his life. Age state shouldn't matter for this challenge. And do you still have to use that command method for regeneration when there is now a "Change Sim" interaction on most mirrors and wardrobes?
    Uhh, why only an adult sim? You know The Doctor has been old for much of his life. Age state shouldn't matter for this challenge. And do you still have to use that command method for regeneration when there is now a "Change Sim" interaction on most mirrors and wardrobes?

I restricted it to Adult because it gives you flexibility in making them look like an Elder. Another reason is losing Aspiration Reward Traits. Let's say you changed your Time Lord into an Elder, completed an Aspiration that unlocked a trait, and then changed them back to an Adult during the regeneration phase; you will lose that aspiration trait and every other trait you had achieved. That happened on my first test run, and I believe it still happens.

As for the "Change Sim" interaction, you can use that as well. I may incorporate that in my rules as an alternative to the command method.
    edited July 2018
    Added a new Roleplay mechanic:
    REGENERATION SICKNESS
    After a Time Lord regenerates, they may experience memory loss, confusion and/or erratic behaviour. Click here for an example. For your Time Lord, you will simply lose control for one day.

After the regeneration phase, follow these steps:
    • Go to Game Settings
    • Set “Autonomy” to Full
    • Uncheck “Disable Autonomy on Selected Sim.”
    For one day, you cannot control your Time Lord. The only control you have is traveling to lots and changing outfits. As soon as the day has passed, you can regain control.

If your Time Lord accidentally dies during the regeneration sickness, you can reload a previous save of the same Time Lord, or you can retrieve them from your Gallery. This type of death does not trigger a regeneration phase.
    Post edited by nastyjman on
    This morning before going to work, I wanted to try out @FreakAboutSims 's suggestion on using "Change Sim" on the wardrobe or mirror, but I got bitten by a game bug. The bug is the "You can't do that because someone is aging." Here's a link to the thread regarding this bug: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Can-t-save-move-because-game-thinks-a-Sim-is-aging-up/td-p/3456621/highlight/false/page/18

Hopefully tonight I get to try the "Change Sim" option on my First Cleaner's regeneration. The bug I had mentioned is erratic, so hopefully it will let me do the non-testingcheats way to change a sim.
    So there's a limitation in Change Sim that I didn't like, and that is randomizing the look of your Time Lord. Clothes and skin color were the only ones that can be randomized, but facial features were not. Having the random option makes it feel more a "regeneration."
    Rewrote "TARDIS" section, and added "Off-Site TARDIS" in the Roleplay section:

OFF-SITE TARDIS
    If you really want to build a TARDIS with unlimited funds, then create your TARDIS off-site. To create an off-site TARDIS, follow these steps.
    • Go To Manage Worlds
    • Pick a 50 x 50 or larger lot. Evict and bulldoze if it’s occupied.
    • Change the lot type to “Generic”
    • Pick “Private Dwelling” as a lot trait
    • Rename lot as “TARDIS”
    On this Generic lot, you can freely build your Time Lord’s TARDIS. If building is not your strong-suit, you can download the "Abandoned TARDIS" in The Gallery. Simply search for "Abandoned TARDIS" and place it on the lot. You can also download other simmer's TARDIS. Don’t forget to thank and credit them. Also, make sure to change the lot type to “Generic” instead of “Residential.”

Your Time Lord can visit their off-site TARDIS whenever they want, and it can function as their second home. Collectible items and mementos can be placed in here instead of your Time Lord’s main lot.

For Kleptomaniac Time Lords, you cannot steal objects from your off-site TARDIS and sell them for a profit.
  • FreakAboutSimsFreakAboutSims Posts: 795 Member
    So there's a limitation in Change Sim that I didn't like, and that is randomizing the look of your Time Lord. Clothes and skin color were the only ones that can be randomized, but facial features were not. Having the random option makes it feel more a "regeneration."

Either way is more regeneration. I'm fairly certain that Time Lords can control their regeneration. The Doctor can't because he never really learned how to do it (though The Curator does imply that they might in the future).
    Yep. I'd like a potion that would allow you to fully modify your sim, complete with randomization. If the "Change Sim" works for you, I think you can definitely use that in lieu of the "testingcheats on" method.
    edited July 2018
    Added a rule that you can only change your aspirations once a sim-day, between 12 AM to 1 AM.
    Just wanted to share my recent Time Lords.

Second Cleaner:
    1EvNQle.jpg

Third Cleaner:
    0EiZcFI.jpg

I love how Third Cleaner turned out! I hit the random button and came across a Jodie Whittaker look-alike. I had to tweak her a little bit to fit the part.
    Nice.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top