Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Beginnings - Building Newcrest *07-11-22*

Comments

• Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    I ship Dannie & Cole! :) I would ship Laney and Cole but I'm doubting that would end well (that and I want to keep Laney's genetics to myself. >:) )
    No take backs! I get to keep her... she makes a beautiful ballerina! <3

So Cannie it is for you - for selfish reasons! :joy:
  • Options
    haswh wrote: »
    That was a wonderful Birthday party. :) It was so nice to see Kaitlin and Leroy I love them both and they also love each other so much! <3 Bowling was fun to see and Dannie is terrible just like she said! :D Love that Dannie and Cole are such great friends. But might there be a bit of something in their future to pop up?! I guess we shall see. So both of them are going to go for it and try again with Ryker and Laney. Hmmm. I have a feeling that it might not go as well as Cole thinks.

I know there was something else I was going to say but it slips my mind right now...

Wonderful chapter!! <3<3

Now you sound like me...walking into a room with a purpose and zero idea why! It will come to you. It always does, eventually. :joy:

It was a sweet party. I was excited to get to,show Leroy and Kaitlin... we get to see Ben and Sofia more often. And they are so co-dependent it’s scary.

Dannie dropping the ball behind her was priceless. I hadn’t shot this chapter before she told Cole she was terrible and threw the ball backwards once. So when that happened in the game, I was dying! It was so perfect. I had no idea that was a thing in TS4 bowling as I had never noticed it before. I was just glad I was fast enough to get the shot.

I was worried everyone would roll their eyes at the bowling spam!

Some have compared Dannie and Cole to Ben and Emma. Slightly different though in that Cole isn’t broken so much as just not super self confident when it comes to relationships. He tries way too hard. So it’s nice to see him develop a close friendship with someone.

Whether trying to fix both of their broken relationships will work or not, well, I would suspect that both of the ex’s will be open to it.
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    I ship Dannie & Cole! :) I would ship Laney and Cole but I'm doubting that would end well (that and I want to keep Laney's genetics to myself. >:) )

Fine. You can keep her. But I have her kid for my story anyway. Who is the best and I'm evil to... :joy:

Mainly my reason was because I'm doubting Laney and Cole would work out but I see Cannie working out. :)
  • Options

Fine. You can keep her. But I have her kid for my story anyway. Who is the best and I'm evil to... :joy:

Mainly my reason was because I'm doubting Laney and Cole would work out but I see Cannie working out. :)

Ahhhh....so you think they have a better shot in the end? Time will tell if Laney and Cole can make a go of it. Or if Dannie and Cole give it a whirl if their current relationships don’t work out.
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Now you sound like me...walking into a room with a purpose and zero idea why! It will come to you. It always does, eventually. :joy:

You do this too? I'm glad I'm not alone! :joy:
  • Options
    I was gong to say I love how the two stories tie together! <3 It was so nice to see Randy and actually know who he is was. :'(
  • Options

You do this too? I'm glad I'm not alone! :joy:
    Ah...way more than I would like to admit! :joy:
    I was gong to say I love how the two stories tie together! <3 It was so nice to see Randy and actually know who he is was. :'(
    See... I knew you would remember! Haha....Yes...Randy... :'(
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Kate and Leroy are still the best grandparents!
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Dannie and Cole... I am so biased but also so onboard this ship hehe :heart:

Though I have a feeling a reconciliation with Laney lies in his future...
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Kate and Leroy are still the best grandparents!
    Grandparents of the year award goes to:...Kate and Leroy! <3 Agreed.... :)
  • Options
    Dannie and Cole... I am so biased but also so onboard this ship hehe :heart:
    Though I have a feeling a reconciliation with Laney lies in his future...
    A reconciliation could well be just around the corner. Sorry Dannie... cause I sorta think she was hinting that she might want to be a bit more...and it didn't work so has decided to give Ryker another shot. Maybe if she could bowl better... Cole might have been more amenable to her subtle flirting...
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Good chapter though Amelia should know better than to tell Cole that he can't call her "squirt" anymore. This is just an invitation for older siblings to continue to do this (especially at embarrassing moments).
  • Options
    VanPelt81 wrote: »
    Good chapter though Amelia should know better than to tell Cole that he can't call her "squirt" anymore. This is just an invitation for older siblings to continue to do this (especially at embarrassing moments).
    Yes - Amelia should definitely know better. I think her Daddy probably spoils her a bit too much though....I bet Ben would do anything she wanted... not a good thing necessarily. :# But she will soon be a teen so watch out! Something tells me she won't be an 'easy' child like Cole. o:)
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Yes - Amelia should definitely know better. I think her Daddy probably spoils her a bit too much though....I bet Ben would do anything she wanted... not a good thing necessarily. :# But she will soon be a teen so watch out! Something tells me she won't be an 'easy' child like Cole. o:)

But attracting all the crushes and drama that Cole obliviously has? A hard order to fill. :grimace:
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    InfraGreen wrote: »

But attracting all the crushes and drama that Cole obliviously has? A hard order to fill. :grimace:

The old double standard for boys vs girls - right?
  • Options
    LONESTAR2330LONESTAR2330 Posts: 630 Member
    edited June 2018
    mistfall wrote: »
    My friend @GLovely1 lead me to your well-crafted, very developed story of New Beginnings. I think I left comments on every other chapter in your blog. I am a bookworm and took the time 2 days to read Ben. It took me one day to read Cole way up to where you say to be continued.
    I will comment first on ben then cole in a different comment. As others are reading your wonderful story dont want to spoil it for them....
    You brought up alot of issues with Ben.
    First issue is growing plum first for recreational use then for sales. San Myshuno I believe growing plum was illegal. Not sure about the other communities though like Willow Creek. Just like the prohibition era, when alcohol was illegal, and then made legal. It is still illegal to sell alcohol to minors. Big point is the bad effects of alcohol does not go away with the world legalizing it or not. There is still the addiction of alcololism. There is still a bad effect of plum ie heightening the sex drive that for some is an addiction whether it is illegal or not
    Then there is the criminalization of plum (If guns are outlawed only the criminals and police will have guns and you are doomed....)Ben being forced to sell his plum to the mafia, the trashing of apartment, the threats to his family, the beatings.... Even moving to Willow Creek did not help. It is hard to get out of the mafia once you are stuck in. Loved your solution to that problem though, and looking forward to lonestars story expanding on that solution (BlueAngels right?).
    Thanks for your story of very well devoloped, realistic and likeable characters.

If you want to know more about the "plum" and the rest of that story, you can find out what happened in The Hourglass Legacy. @AudreyFld characters make guest appearances in my story and vice versa, you will get to know the cop who arrested Ben and also the "gangsters" who took over Ben's business. Not all is what it seems on the surface.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Good Morning....Chapter 2.27 - One Day at aTime

Nicky has a friendly talk with Cole and tells him to get his moves on

06-16-18_9-01-01c2a0pm.png
  • Options
    Dannie and Ryker look very good together, I hope they stay with each other and go to college together too. I'm sure they would make beautiful babies! <3

So Laney put Nicky up to talking to Cole. Why didn't she just talk to him? When Laney came up behind COle and said, whatever she said, to him in a sultry voice I cringed, yuck!!! :s I just don't like her! >:)

The group dance at the party was awesome. Great screen shots! Lots of fun for everyone, well, except for Nicky. I saw her sitting at the bar alone and watching Cole and Laney also. She didn't look very happy. :( She looked kinda like she felt outside of the group. :'( Poor thing she's not really into those two together. At least that's what I saw.

This was a great chapter! <3 I guess we shall see how the next 210 days goes. Then will they all really be separated? I have a feeling they won't.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @haswh - So you noticed Nicky alone.... :( She did look really sad watching Laney and Cole talking to Noah and Azure....I kinda thought maybe she was a little jealous or maybe envious of the fact she was alone and didn’t have a boyfriend. But maybe you are right and she doesn’t like Laney and Cole togehter. Lots of things she could be thinking.

Dannie and Ryker looked nice togehter too.

Not a Laney fan huh.... I am not sure if she specifically told Nicky to say something or just told her she was tired of waiting. Remember she stopped begging him and stepped back to let Cole go at his own pace- which was entirely too slow for her.

And...well there are four other girls...we know two of them pretty well. Dannie and Nicky. We have seen glimpses of Avery. But she is a bit older than Cole, so not so sure about her. And then we will meet girl number five in college.

There are blessedly only 4 more teen chapters to come - then we are off to college! :)
  • Options
    Excited to see what the college years are like for Cole! :)
  • Options
    Hold on to your seat! Lol.... :joy::joy::joy:
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Oh No! :o:# Let the fun begin!
  • Options
    GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 797 Member

haha! Ohhh YESSS let the fun begin :D I'm all caught up with the exception of 2.27 which I'm going for now! I can't thank you enough @AudreyFld for building such in depth characters with all of these wonderful sims. I'm so proud of the legacy Ben, Grace, Sofia & you have created for Cole .. what a cutie! ;)<3 I've thoroughly enjoyed my reading binge and it seems my good friend @mistfall has too .. so much so he finished binging before me lol :D
    Please join my 💜 Quick Creativity Challenge 💜 forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Options
    @GLovely1 So nice to see you here again! <3 So happy your almost caught up. :)
  • Options
    GLovely1 wrote: »

haha! Ohhh YESSS let the fun begin :D I'm all caught up with the exception of 2.27 which I'm going for now! I can't thank you enough @AudreyFld for building such in depth characters with all of these wonderful sims. I'm so proud of the legacy Ben, Grace, Sofia & you have created for Cole .. what a cutie! ;)<3 I've thoroughly enjoyed my reading binge and it seems my good friend @mistfall has too .. so much so he finished binging before me lol :D

@GLovely1 - I am so happy you are enjoying and are caught up. Yes @mistfall binged big time... I think he got through it all in 2 1/2 days! And left so many wonderful comments. <3 The fun has already started but it will ratchet up a tad when these FINALLY get out of high school! But I have some good stuff still to come that I hope you enjoy! Even thought Grace wasn't in the story for a long time, her memory will live on throughout... <3