Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bring back the Military career

13...Next

Comments

• LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I loved the military career!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Definitely agree on bringing military career back. Admit to being biased on that one. Also, any career in prior versions that isn't in this one. Sims2 careers had 10 levels, which made them more challenging to get to the top, which would also help here. Careers need not be tied to a pack theme to be introduced into the game via one. Sims2 did that frequently, a 'here's the new pack, and BTW we included a couple of nifty new careers along with it' kind of thing.
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I agree 100%...
    Please bring back the military career path! :)
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    Not a fan of anything tied to gun culture, wars and mass genocides. These things should be in FPS games, where it's a kill or be killed game dynamic. But in a game about every day life? I'd rather see my sim training in the art of making cartoons than in the art of killing.

Make woohoo, not war.
    True, but it is the military that is our shield so we are free to learn how to make cartoons. Policemen at the international level. No, I have no intention of starting a debate on this.
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    BlueOvale wrote: »
    Not a fan of anything tied to gun culture, wars and mass genocides. These things should be in FPS games, where it's a kill or be killed game dynamic. But in a game about every day life? I'd rather see my sim training in the art of making cartoons than in the art of killing.

Make woohoo, not war.
    They were very much present in the previous games and nobody said a word. Not many people are fond of the PC-friendly society that we live in, my friend.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I don't have much hope for this current incarnation. But for a future sims incarnation, it'd be so fun if there was a military/spy/adventure expansion that, instead of rabbit holes or an inane set of lists to complete, came with skills, workplaces, settings, and worlds for your sim to advance in.
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    I would like to see more Get To Work type careers where one can actually visit their workplace... like a military bootcamp
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2017

Make woohoo, not war.

Sigh. (too political for this topic), but anyway, Maxis I have been holding on to a Smith family for almost three years now, waiting on him to go into the military. At first I stopped playing them (on hold) because I couldn't stand the crib babies, and we didn't have toddlers. I thought about loading them back into my game, but he still wants to be in the miltary while his live-in mother in law was happy the day her daughter gave birth to triplets but all that's on hold since there isn't a military career. Safety has never been free, btw. And coming from a military family I would like to see this career in the game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    I can't speak for Sims3 as I don't play it, but it was a career option in Sims2. Base game. I don't remember if it was a career option in Sims1, but I do remember there was military school for kids that messed up. Like Cinebar, I come from a military family, served in it for 13 years, and believe it to be an honorable profession. To again echo Cinebar, freedom is not free.
  • KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    I'd like to see it return in The Sims 4; I'm a military brat (father was a Marine, mother was in the Army) so military stuff is something I hold dear to me. For a military career, they could bring back the obstacle course item from The Sims 2.
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited July 2017
    Kurotard wrote: »
    I'd like to see it return in The Sims 4; I'm a military brat (father was a Marine, mother was in the Army) so military stuff is something I hold dear to me. For a military career, they could bring back the obstacle course item from The Sims 2.

Yeah, it doesn't have to be an Expansion or Game Pack. It could be a Stuff Pack and then a game update where a Military Career is added. So one does not need to have the Pack to enjoy the career. The obstacle course and a few others could be in it for Sim's yards. :)

But I would still like to see a Military Career like the Doctor and Detective in Get To Work... where you can go with your Sim to work.

Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • SteampunkAngieSteampunkAngie Posts: 11 New Member
    We STILL NEED MILITARY. I have sooo many characters that need military! Bucky barnes, steve rogers, star gate team, crazy evil generals from the flash and hulk; pleaaaaase EA! We love you but we reaaally need this! If they were to patch in things like teaching, military, fuel pumps, convenient stores, street sweepers construction, welders, marine biologists, maids, movie makers, actors, and playable rangers...man, it would be so cool!! Expanding on the base game like that would make it so i didnt feel as silly spending over $100 dollars on packs that feel so divided up too. And some of these with the mods they might not have to work on scratch from either! Perhaps pay off the people that made the mods for it to become base game content? Itd be amazing!
    Careers like convenient stores you can have split decisions where youre being robbed or something and you decide how to handle it, it could give the police something more to do too instead of searching the streets endlessly for brawls!
    Maids could have the option where theyre assigned bad homeowners as well where youre given the option to cut corners or steal items, determine what kind of person they are.
    Teachers could work with the parenthood pack where they can notice a kid is having trouble in school and could call the parents or offer extra lessons during lunch/recess! It would be so cool!
    Construction workers could work up from part time hire on to full time regular, up the managering list to general contractor.
    And firemen!! Deciding what or whom to save first, dillemmas of enemies in the flames to be a good person, and if they fail to save someone or are caught not doing their job correctly negative moodlets, sadness for deaths, covered in soot from the fires, burns, and demotions where they get stuck at the fire station a while too!
    If we got more choices like these it might be a little easier to wait for packs like magic and university as well as encouraging simmers that they are being heard, so theyll buy more anyways.
  • SimmerDarrianSimmerDarrian Posts: 5 New Member
    I loved the military career, we really do need it back.
  • meadowbroadhurstmeadowbroadhurst Posts: 8 New Member
    Yes, I loved the military career! This also reminded me of the boarding schools that we had with expansions, I'd love for those to make a return.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited June 2018

Make woohoo, not war.

For a game about everyday life, I fail to see how secret agent and astronaut got careers in the game seeing as those aren't jobs that people can just take in everyday life...but things like the military are an everyday option for people to take. Not saying I agree with all of military subculture, but Sims is still meant to be a sort of 'fantasy' game in the broadest sense. The more options the better.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I want this career and of course education, babysitting etc. A lot of career from TS3.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I desperately need the military career back for some of the sims I’ve created. It would also be cool if in this iteration they could be called away on active duty for a while.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Yes. We need more careers. Education. Military.

I'd also like to see more part time job options for teens AND adults.

@papersuitcase absolutely agree! And the option to have more than one part time job if they wanted.

Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
    To quote from a bumper sticker I saw some time ago, "If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a veteran." The military, as such, is an honorable profession, rather like police at the international level. The problem comes when politicians (almost always civilians) at the national level decide to mis-use it to further their own agendas. I hate to think of what the world would be like today if the collective militaries of the USA, Britain, Russia, et al had not intervened to end the madness of a certain ex-paperhanger.
  • BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    l was in the military myself for a while, so it was really fun to use that career in the Sims 3. The Sims 4 needs to step their game up!
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I'm not a fan of the near worship of the military that happens in some places these days.

Having said that, I am grateful for the freedom and the lifestyle that the military affords many of us. There are so many people who have dedicated their lives in the service of their country, a life simulator doesn't seem complete without it. To me, Service Sims are a natural part of a living, breathing simulation. That also includes police officers, firefighters, and EMTs. I would like to see all of those things brought back.

On a lighter note: I loved the obstacle course reward object in TS2. That thing never got old. :D

I miss that kind of silly humor.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I agree. However, I think there's one reason why they've shied away from such a staple career of the series for so long: Controversy. They're either scared of offending military personnel, veterans, military families, or all three...though, I honestly think it's more offensive to these people not to put the military career in the game. They added a gender patch in the name of inclusiveness and representation, they can't just stop short when it comes to the military career.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
    I agree with you, they are afraid of offending someone, and apparently think that the three you mentioned are safer than that someone (the PC types?).
  • BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    I think the military would be a great career for logic, charisma, and fitness skills. I think it's help diversify the full roster of careers that seem to be a bit more on the STEM side or abstract careers like critic.