Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Amazon Challenge: Tribe Isla (3/14)

Comments

• SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    edited April 2018
    Oh Gosh! Okay, I have been away from Isla for a while. I am sorry life got in the way. I am currently trying to finish up gen two before the end of this month. More importantly we have reached over 3K views on tribe Isla. I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has read this story. Tribe Isla would be no where without you!

While this isn't a new chapter I do have a new page up for Tribe Isla. It is the tribe's Pantheon!
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Wow, congrats! That's great! :smiley:
    More Paser and his family? I'm all up for that! Um, yeah, I guess those yoga sessions are fun, for, uh, the two people you described so well :#

For the Pantheon, I certainly like your approach. It is interesting that a free man (and even immortal!) appears. You said Amazons don't worship him but how else would they view him then? Or does he simply not appear in their belief? Is this page, like, the "true story" behind their religion that doesn't include men?
    Oh and I'm totally adoring the combination of goddess of the moon and of newborn children for Selene :love: And that she and Solare had a son named Zenith. That is sooo deep! :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    In the case of Kala, most of the story is true. What happened to Kala kickstarted the amazons of that area. Kala's mother grieving for her lost daughter swore she would never lose another to that kind of rage again. She took her other daughter and fled. She raised the girl as the first Amazon. The girl told the story of her brave big sister and what she dealt with and Kala became the goddess of amazons. The pantheon is the amazons of his area's "true" stories. They see Triton in the type of role that Adonis was in. I really like Selene's story and Zenith felt like a name that would fit.
    ETagn5d.jpg
    edited May 2018
    Note: Hey everyone! Sorry for the delay! I have had a lot to do recently, Happily I have some new chapters in the works, two of which are almost ready to go. There is a lot of story about to happen within these next few chapters. We are closing in on the final chapters of generation 2. There are maybe 5 or so chapters left after this one.
    V0DxOBy.png?1
    Post edited by SpectresValkyrie on
    ETagn5d.jpg
    Note: Well this turned into a double update. Happy Monday.
    x09yDX3.png?1
    ETagn5d.jpg
    I wanted to give you all a heads up that chapter 20 will the be the final chapter in generation 2. Isla will be welcoming a new creator into the island and we can meet the lovely new characters and catch up with some loose ends. More interludes for characters will show up. We still have a prince to figure out about after all. Along with some fun new faces. And more Obi. Thank you all so much for reading this story. Isla would not be the same without all of you. As I am nearing the end of gen 2 I just wanted to thank everyone who has read this story again. It has been an adventure working on an amazon challenge and I am excited to continue it.
    ETagn5d.jpg
    Note: Hey everyone! Happy Tuesday! Here is chapter 16! Here is a bit more about Paser and his sister.
    EF1z1h3.png?1
    ETagn5d.jpg
    First of all, congrats to (almost) reaching gen 3 and thank you very much for writing. Yours is one of very few Amazon Challenges that have lasted longer than a month or two and provide quality content at that, so it's definitely one of the stories I'm always looking forward to the most. <3

Now, to that triple update (you spoil us too much lol)
    Chapter 14: Wait is that... Paser? Heehee, Myrina got some pretty nice dreams going on there! Who can blame her, Paser is kind, talented and handsome.
    Mako is great, too although he should really bridle himself a bit toward the women - can't come anything good from that in such a society :# Some day he will upset someone who isn't so understanding or related with him by blood. On the other hand it makes him loveable to be himself.
    However, I'm afraid for Myrina. If the queen has been disposing some tribes of their creators Isla should be very careful indeed - they've never been much in her favor and still have a spy on the compound.

Chapter 15: Aw, yeah I bet it's lonely on the compound being the only child. The Harvest Festival sure is an adventure for him! How nice that Paser met his sister again so unexpectedly, I guessed it was her at the pic where they were shown from behind... Didn't expect her to address him, a slave, so publicly though :smiley:
    Whoever is behind that assault on the queen, it wasn't Kale. I wouldn't put it past him to show up there to see his children but he isn't a murderer or criminal - either the queen used the unfortunate situation for her own good or she even set it up by herself.
    Btw, I loved that Myrina's eyes were opened about that women aren't only slaves in other areas. That's a topic I've often discussed with myself, too. It's interesting that the Amazon view on the world only works as long as men are in some kind inferior and a constant, potential threat because otherwise there would be no need or even excuse to enslave them.

Chapter 16: So glad they could flee! Is the surprise for Titus that Demetria is pregnant? That would be a very unfortunate timing!
    That attack plan can't mean anything good. War never means good things and once they've settled out they sure wouldn't differ between hostile Amazons, poor peasants and those Amazons who aren't with the queen such as tribe Isla. I'm afraid for them!
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    @MrsRacooney

It might be more than a triple update. The break in between my class is a nice time to write chapters or ideas down. I am happy to hear that you like Tribe Isla and look forward to updates. I am glad you enjoy the story. :)

Chapter 14

That is correct. Myrina has fun dreams. Almost as bad as a certain gen one pairing. Who can't seem to keep feelings under wraps.

Mako is wild. I never know where he is going to show up. I leave him alone to work on story and come back to find him playing in fountains or running amok at the queen's palace. Mako is currently an artist. His works include splattering paint everywhere. His teen and YA years will be interesting. I hope he doesn't loose his wild side. It might get him into trouble. Like you said he might upset someone who will not be so understanding toward him.

Helike and tribe Isla is very small. They aren't very strong. If the queen can get creators who are more like minded toward her she will do that. If they current creators don't agree than it is easier to remove them.

Chapter 15

Mako is just surrounded by adults. Most of them have a lot of adult jobs to do. It can't be fun. He does have Obi and Satine which isn't a replacement for other kids his age but it still should be fun. Myrina herself doesn't enjoy festivals. Most of the women who aren't visitors to the amazons did bring a male companion with them. Either to cater to them or work the festival. The bartender for example. He was brought by someone from Rei's old tribe. Myrina brought a friend to help her get through the night.

As for Paser's sister, she doesn't care for amazonian ways. The amazon way will not keep her from saying hello to her brother.
    Btw, I loved that Myrina's eyes were opened about that women aren't only slaves in other areas. That's a topic I've often discussed with myself, too. It's interesting that the Amazon view on the world only works as long as men are in some kind inferior and a constant, potential threat because otherwise there would be no need or even excuse to enslave them.

My feelings exactly. The amazon view is very different from other people around them. I feel like there is potential for things to end up like Circe from the Odyssey.

I will say this, it was set up but not by the queen. I don't know if Kale realizes he has kids or not. The last time he saw Kat was during that trip to the spa.

Chapter 16
    Yes it is and it really isn't great timing at all. Myrina's twin was not accounted for during the end of the festival. The list of people who were not there could be anyone, from Myrina's brothers to the sons of Paser's sister. The plan is fueled by centuries old rivalries and mistakes made by past queens. Once things are settled things will not be the same. I am not saying new Avengers level of bad but it won't be fun for some characters.
    ETagn5d.jpg
    It might be more than a triple update. The break in between my class is a nice time to write chapters or ideas down. I am happy to hear that you like Tribe Isla and look forward to updates. I am glad you enjoy the story. :)

Chapter 14

Mako is wild. I never know where he is going to show up. I leave him alone to work on story and come back to find him playing in fountains or running amok at the queen's palace. Mako is currently an artist. His works include splattering paint everywhere. His teen and YA years will be interesting. I hope he doesn't loose his wild side. It might get him into trouble. Like you said he might upset someone who will not be so understanding toward him.

Yes! More chapters, please! :smiley:
    For Mako we should hope he manages to shed the wildness but as a reader, I must of course root for him not to do that :D
    My feelings exactly. The amazon view is very different from other people around them. I feel like there is potential for things to end up like Circe from the Odyssey.

I will say this, it was set up but not by the queen. I don't know if Kale realizes he has kids or not. The last time he saw Kat was during that trip to the spa.

Exactly! However, I find it a challenge to make the characters actually believe in that world order without appearing ignorant or radical. In regard of that Myrina's reaction was quite fitting - she grew up in the understanding that men have to be held down because they enslaved women somewhere else, to her it's injustice and slavery the means to prevent it. It just never happened to her it could be different, the way Paser has experienced it!
    Yeah, thought as much. It would be a bit too much effort to set up an assassination attempt only to overthrow a minor creator, that could have been managed with far less danger. :| But the queen is too witty not to use the occasion that presented itself!
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    As of right chapter 16 it has been maybe a few hours since the end of the festival. The queen has a little bit of time to get everything in order. If the queen really wanted to do something to overthrow Myrina she probably would have done something that wasn't so extreme. She could have just said I have found you to be an unfit ruler and displeasing Kala, so you are no longer creator.

It is a challenge to write the world of the amazons the way they are. Does this character act too over the top? Is their reaction to this not enough? I like learning about who my characters are and their reactions and relationships with those around them. For example somehow Myrina and Paser really dislike Nyxeris, the desert priestess. I don't know when they met each other or what happened but they hate each other. I think Myrina's reaction to Paser's homeland was appropriate. She was raised to think one way, even if she is a bit lax on somethings she still tried to follow the rules. Seeing that things are so different would be shocking. She sees it from so much higher up than Paser. Paser has experienced both styles of life and naturally he dislikes the amazon way.
    ETagn5d.jpg
    Here is chapter 17. We have some sibling reunions and some non fun times.
    T74sY3q.png?1
    ETagn5d.jpg
    Maaan it's really Kale? Or at least he's there after already being save in that temple, what in the world did that woman demand of him and why has he done it? :oSo glad for Paser & Co rescuing them. Not gonna lie, that step-on-hand scene sent cold showers down my spine it was so awfully cruel and good!
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    edited June 2018
    We are going to find out why in gen 3. Why they dislike the woman who Kale worked for, why her brother was important, why Kale and what exactly the whole plan was.

Paser to the rescue. It is a good thing he had help. Getting to Myrina and Kale would have been difficult by himself.
    ETagn5d.jpg
    Note: Well everyone. Here are the final chapters of Generation two. I meant to post them earlier but life gets in the way.
    wtwhVfx.png?1
    ETagn5d.jpg
    edited June 2018
    Note: Here is chapter nineteen. I spit apart eighteen and nineteen. This will be a double update today due to the final chapter.

Chapter Nineteen: Now and Forever
    N1AEVSO.png?1
    ETagn5d.jpg
    Note: The final Chapter of Generation two. It has been an interesting generation but soon we will meet the next generation of Tribe Isla. This is the epilogue for generation two. It is the end of Myrina's story. It is time to start a new. No chapter picture this time, sorry.
    ETagn5d.jpg
    Welcome to Generation Three! Some things have changed in the world of Isla. There are some new places and new tribes. New people from a far away land!
    NwqbxMO.png?1
    ETagn5d.jpg
    Just realized that I forgot commenting on the double update because I read it in between a short break in uni when not having the time to comment - that's what one gets for not being able to wait. :D
    I was really, really glad that everything ended relatively well for Myrina and Paser - but am seriously shocked that they did indeed kill the queen! Not because she wouldn't deserve it but haven't they made enemies by that? Even if most people and tribal leaders are glad that she's gone there are always those who lost power by her death or who liked the strict ways of her reign. I wonder how it will affect their future or how it has affected them already at this point.
    Meri is cute and while her not existing interest in the details of mythology/history is understandable in her age (especially with her friends playing at that very moment, ugh) the priestess is right. Knowing the past could keep her from making certain mistakes later and avoiding mistakes is like a queen's most important duty :D
    So nice to see Chrysippos and Levi! Sarai is impertinant to flirt so openly with another tribe's (?) slave (?)! In that regard Levi's reaction was priceless :D No doubt well deserved!
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    edited June 2018
    @MrsRacooney
    I feel that. I have a few stories I have been meaning to comment on but school just eats time.

I wasn't sure how to remove the queen from the story. I was going to at first have them just wait but Meri would have been an adult by then and it didn't seem like it would be an interesting start. Maybe it was poison (like the poison in jungle adventure?) or sickness but they would have to catch the person who got her and it most likely would have been Kat. Overall I think the queen got a decent ending for herself. Myrina and Paser had a mostly nice life together, even if their romantic life was short. Paser still hasn't moved on.
    With the Queen gone there is a bit of divide. There are those who were hurt by the queen but there are those, like Sarai's tribe who came to be because of the queen. There is going to be some tension that needs to be resolved in the world of Amazons.

Meri is fantastic. First thing toddler Meri did was go around and greet everyone on the lot, then she hugged her father and went to play with Bee. She is an adorable social creature. Chrysippos and Levi are really good friends! They have a routine where they will workout and eat together and generally just be bros and it is great. They had a dance party with Meri at one point. Isla seems so much more lively in this generation.
    ETagn5d.jpg
    Hey all! Sorry I have been away for a while. Life finds a away to keep me from Isla. Good news that updates will resume again on Wednesday until mid December. We will meet some new friends, go to new places and have some general amazon fun.
    ETagn5d.jpg
    Yesss, there will be some Amazon stuff again! Finally! :smiley:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Happy Halloween Everyone! There is a bit of a time skip in this chapter. Child Meri will show up in flashbacks. In this chapter we learn more about one of the festivals for young amazonian.
    PNzfhjn.png
    ETagn5d.jpg
    Meri look a lot like her mother! And I come to like that bright hair more and more after being sceptical at first :#
    This ceremony's idea is great and the fact that the young women dress like Huntresses of the Underworld. Sounds realistic. And, um, I would shiver in that temple. It's really scary, fit for the Underworld
    Are blue and purple and the other non-natural hair colors natural in your story or did they simply dye their hair? If so, did they do it only for the occasion or do they do it on a regular basis? And is it for fun/aesthetics only or does it have some ritual purpose, too?
    But, what, Mari was drawn into the sea? :o Whyyy, mean sea witches? I'd guess Amaru is the Dark Prince seeking for a remedy for his curse. Having to mingle with "mortals" and all
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Meri does have a lot of her mom in her but I do see a good bit of Paser there too. At first with Myrina, I wasn't fond of the blond hair but now I kind of love it. On the topic of hair, depending on where the character originates they will dye their hair (sometimes eyebrows) to celebrate milestones in their life.

I was trying to go for dark and creepy with the temple and forgotten hallow is perfect. I love the fog that is in the area it really works with the vibe of the town. I just wish I remembered to remove the other houses first. I was also going to have the sea witches and Amaru show up in a different way during the first draft but it didnt really work with what I wanted. They will show up later.

The ocean is considered sacred for my amazons. So if Meri fell into the sea then the goddess would have claimed a sister to rule at her side. Some would probably seen it as a great honor.So if Meri had fallen into the sea and been claimed by the goddess some might see it as the goddess forgiving Isla or Myrina's past problems. Someone thought Meri was in the way. So into the sea.
    Meri herself likes to be dramatic and stare into the ocean contemplating things while I play her household.

Amaru has had some bad times and trusted some people he probably shouldn't have when he was a silly mortal. Now he is cursed with immortality.
    ETagn5d.jpg