Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Add more traits and change behavior of traits

2...Next

Comments

• AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I also liked the coward trait. Whenever something bad happens in the house, coward sims will run with hands in the air to the porch, and then faint. I always got a good laugh every time someone set the stove on fire.

This trait is rather realistic to real life. Remember when George Costanza ran out of the apartment pushing everyone out of the way due to a fire?
  • BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    I agree! I also hate how when you age from a teen to a young adult, you keep all your traits when you should be able to add more because l know l'm not the same person l was when l was a teen. l like what you said about 5 traits for adults. It worked just fine in the Sims 3. The Sims 4 should have 5 traits for adults, 4 for teens, 3 for children, and maybe even 2 for toddlers instead of 1.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    How about an uptight trait? We can have sims behave like Angela Martin from The Office!
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    yes yes yes yes!! The problem is the emotion system-- it takes over everything and makes all the sims act the same!!

All stressed out sims do yoga/sauna, all cry in closets/beds, etc. It's annoying.

I want to be able to choose their hobbies/quirks/favorites/fears/dislikes etc
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    I think the trait system needs an overhaul, but I really disagree with having 5 per sim unless the entire system is reworked to depend less on emotions. Even with just three, I can already begin to see trait moodlets overlapping or overpowering each other, and emotions hopping all over the place, which ultimately detracts from personality instead of adding to it.

Unless Favorites is introduced.

I agree More Trait Slots ought to be added.
    As of right now two is not enough for teens, and 3 is not enough for (Young) Adults
    Because when it comes to making my simself, My Sim is a Geek, Bro, and a Foodie, but what Happens when Traits like, Adventurous, Sarcastic, Warm-Hearted are added? Why should I have to contemplate what my top 3 traits are, when I have 6.

If they factored in favorites Emotions would be much better.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Funpuppy_sims345Funpuppy_sims345 Posts: 139 Member
    I disagree i think sims4 is perfect the way it is ^~^
    Corgis4life