Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin Pre-Order Question

Hi, everyone,

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered already. I did a search, but there is so much discussion out there regarding pre-ordering that it's hard to weed through it all. I haven't pre-ordered since the Sims 3, but I'm considering doing it if there is a chance I'll be able to download early. I know I won't be able to play prior to the release date & time, but since I have to go somewhere other than home to download something this large, I would love to download early so the game is safely on my computer and ready to install and play when the time comes. Does anyone know if that's something I could hope for if I pre-order? I will order through Origin and pay that price if I can download early, but otherwise I may buy elsewhere that's cheaper.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Comments

• NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    Hi,

Are you referring to the new Seasons expansion pack? For more information about pre-loading you can check out the following EA Support page:
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Oyejola22Oyejola22 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello! I’m having a problem with pre-ordering on Origin. The release date for Seasons is the 22nd. However in Origin it’s the 21st. I stayed up looking forward to play the game that I preordered on the 21st. But I can’t. I go into the game and hover on the expansion pack, but it says “Download to use”. When I’m in Origin it says I own the pack. I don’t know what to do. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
  • Oyejola22Oyejola22 Posts: 2 New Member
    Just to be clear. I preordered this game days ago. And I wanted to play it today.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Oyejola22 wrote: »
    Hello! I’m having a problem with pre-ordering on Origin. The release date for Seasons is the 22nd. However in Origin it’s the 21st. I stayed up looking forward to play the game that I preordered on the 21st. But I can’t. I go into the game and hover on the expansion pack, but it says “Download to use”. When I’m in Origin it says I own the pack. I don’t know what to do. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Hello
    The game is locked until it reaches midnight on June 21/22 in the area where you live, Once it reaches 12:01a.m. On June 22nd your game pack will be able to be played.
  • WaterCoffeeWineWaterCoffeeWine Posts: 28 Member
    > @donnad82 said:
    > Hi, everyone,
    >
    > Sorry if this question has been asked and answered already. I did a search, but there is so much discussion out there regarding pre-ordering that it's hard to weed through it all. I haven't pre-ordered since the Sims 3, but I'm considering doing it if there is a chance I'll be able to download early. I know I won't be able to play prior to the release date & time, but since I have to go somewhere other than home to download something this large, I would love to download early so the game is safely on my computer and ready to install and play when the time comes. Does anyone know if that's something I could hope for if I pre-order? I will order through Origin and pay that price if I can download early, but otherwise I may buy elsewhere that's cheaper.
    >
    > Thanks for any help you can give me!

There wasn't any real perk of pre-ordering instead of being able to immediately download at 12:01am on 6/22. I wish that EA/Maxis offered in-game incentives such as an exclusive outfit for pre-ordering, but I can understand why they don't. Hope that you were able to buy Seasons regardless!