Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to connect to bridges together? please read

koral1312koral1312 Posts: 235 Member
edited March 1 in Nominated Threads
Hi :)
I seen a tutorial on mod the sims on how to do this, but i didn't understand.
Maybe you can help me:
(quote from the tutorial)

"I also discovered whilst testing that it IS possible to join bridges together. The art is to ensure that the height and angle is absolutely identical (again, copy pasting in the CAW editor helps here) and that the ends exactly line up as well. The decks will NOT snap together like roads do, but the routing will work.

If you have the decks very slightly offset, the car will veer towards the centre of the road at the bridge join, if they are slightly more offset, the routing will be broken. If you have the alignment exact, the cars will just run normally across the gaps. It's a bit of an arcane art, but it does work as can be seen here...

This bridge (and the one in the opening picture..same bridge ) is made from.. reading left to right.."

I didn't understand that...
Please explain me how to i connect between the two bridges from this quote, or you are already know how.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited April 2013

You have to not think of them as connecting but as lining up correctly. Use the Property browser box in CAW panel to find the numbers- I can never remember which is which direction so I use the Move Objects to slide an object and see which X,Y,Z to move. I do know the second is height... :lol:

So, you line the ends of the bride pieces smack up against each other at the same height. :)
  • CandySims14CandySims14 Posts: 475 Member
    edited June 2018
    @Rflong7 I was researching how to link 2 bridges together & found this thread. :)

I copied/pasted the height from Position Y on the Property Browser from the first bridge to the second, so theoretically the routing should work, right? Made sure the lamp posts overlapped too, otherwise it doesn't line up right & looks odd. Seems like there's a slight "dent" in the road where they overlap but since the heights match, I'm hoping the routing will work. I don't need to link the 2 bridges together by dragging like with regular roads, right? Doesn't appear that it would be possible anyway.

*edit* Now I'm wondering if I shouldn't have overlapped them. I wish there was an easy way to test out the routing.

9kOhlGF.jpg

NciO3yJ.jpg
    Post edited by CandySims14 on
    edited June 2018
    Rflong7 I was researching how to link 2 bridges together & found this thread. :)

I copied/pasted the height from Position Y on the Property Browser from the first bridge to the second, so theoretically the routing should work, right? Made sure the lamp posts overlapped too, otherwise it doesn't line up right & looks odd. Seems like there's a slight "dent" in the road where they overlap but since the heights match, I'm hoping the routing will work. I don't need to link the 2 bridges together by dragging like with regular roads, right? Doesn't appear that it would be possible anyway.

*edit* Now I'm wondering if I shouldn't have overlapped them. I wish there was an easy way to test out the routing.
    9kOhlGF.jpg

NciO3yJ.jpg

There is an easy way to test it, just export it, install it, and test it. Un-install it when you're done. I do miss not being able to spawn a Sim in EIG to test. :)
    Just make sure the two end bridges have a road connected to them.
    Also, On a few of the bridges I had to use a piece of land to raise the connected tabs to near level.

The best test, after a car, is to have a Sim run (or walk) to the middle, stop, and turn around to get off. If it's not connected right they will get stuck.

It should work as long as the end taps are overlapping (where they line up). I've done it in several worlds.

*I'm showing you how they're connected with raised land but Not roads pieces between them -

ZWXdUo8.jpg

wcVNTo9.jpg
  • CandySims14CandySims14 Posts: 475 Member
    edited June 2018
    @Rflong7 - I remember seeing linked bridges in one of your worlds and thinking "How did she do that?" :D

Overlapped tabs, got it. I think I may have to pull the 2 bridges slightly apart where they meet (instead of the slight overlap for the single vs double lamp issue) to make that happen.
    Post edited by CandySims14 on
    Yep- just have to overlap that blue tabs shown in the picture- like joining roads but with bridges. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top