Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What has everyone been up to since the patch?

ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
I thought it would be cool to see what other players are doing in their games at the moment. I see a lot of people talking about how they are rebuilding their worlds for seasons, others are exploring the new gardening, and some are making lovely builds with the new glass roofs. What have you been up to?

Comments

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Redesigning all 230+ sims I've ever made since the first day I played Sims 4; I'm on Day 2 of my project now and also uploading my new versions of some of them to the (ever so wonky) Gallery! I'm not even touching gameplay much until Seasons rolls in and all these new bugs nicely squashed, bc let's be honest, there's going to be even more bugs with Seasons.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    Not much besides the usual but I did stick a glass roof on the section of "Ragdoll Refurb" in Brindleton Bay that's got no ceiling. I've been trying for ages to figure out a way to enclose it without losing the effect and the glass roof works great.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm still working on starting a new save, and I've just been doing a lot of tedious setup. I finished tagging all my CC appropriately for the new outfit categories a little while ago (I really pity anyone who has to do that with a large amount of CC) ...now I'm adjusting all of the "Everyday" outfits of about 200 sims to be more suitable for neutral temperatures, as well as fixing their hot and cold outfits. I'm honestly tired of it all but it's gonna be worth it when my game's citizens are dressed appropriately for the weather and don't look like clowns.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,223 Member
    Got started on the process of dressing my Sims for the seasons. Improved my main gardener's greenhouse a little, he doesn't have a lot of extra money yet but I've got it started.
    I'm also building a new, bigger house for one family with a proper pool and kiddie play area rather than having things scattered around the very tiny yard of the original house. I'm waiting to finish decorating it until after Seasons so I can use some of the new stuff.
    image.png
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    @cupid How do you tag cc clothes for the new outfit categories? I hope that isn't a dumb question.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Colorist40 wrote: »
    @cupid How do you tag cc clothes for the new outfit categories? I hope that isn't a dumb question.

You've gotta use the latest version of Sims 4 Studio and assign the tags manually. Bananas_45 made a guide on that here
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    I finished tagging all my CC appropriately for the new outfit categories a little while ago (I really pity anyone who has to do that with a large amount of CC) ...
    lol the tagging is kind of relaxing for me. all the repetitive clicking is sort of fun!

and yes, bananas_45 made a great tutorial on how to do it. i made one too but hers is much easier to understand :D

i didnt think to change the everyday outfits though. I wonder what ocassion they will get used for after seasons is released.
  • ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    Got started on the process of dressing my Sims for the seasons. Improved my main gardener's greenhouse a little, he doesn't have a lot of extra money yet but I've got it started.
    I'm also building a new, bigger house for one family with a proper pool and kiddie play area rather than having things scattered around the very tiny yard of the original house. I'm waiting to finish decorating it until after Seasons so I can use some of the new stuff.

Yeah, I have a few lots as well that I am just waiting to furnish until the pack comes out. It will be fun!
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    I stopped playing until Seasons.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I'm still on a game hiatus, but will start back up with a new save after downloading Seasons on Friday. I may go in and do a few builds tonight, but other than that, I've just been doing other things.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited June 2018
    I built a chapel yesterday and edited one of my older builds today, giving both a glass roof. The house-build has a patio, which is where the glass roof is. :)

The room on the bottom floor that sticks out on the far-left has the glass roof, but I uploaded it in the middle of the night. Lol!

Here's the house
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Sifting through mods and cc seeing if anything has been updated.
    Updating Custom Music
    Redownloading mods I've lost a few months ago.

Reviving my Households, It's so weird now Having new outfit categories. it opens up so much more outfit choices.
    I started with my simself and went down the line.
    Taking the time to set up and write Info about my Household and Build's back story.

Trying to create custom Clubs I deleted all Sims, So that means all clubs were deleted too.
    Last time I did that the Game generated new Clubs and bestowed the Ghosts at the Von Haunt Estate Gained Control of Two clubs, So I'm trying to work out this "Bug" {I'm calling the game feature a bug, because if the Club Count drops below 11, feature bugs me}.

Really debating the fate of Two Castles that I've built.
    I'm finding it hard to accept the build.

for one Castle that is for my royal family, I'm happy with every part of the castle except the Throne room, it's just not as grand as I imagined it would be.

as for the other Castle, that is for my Court Magician He has a tower connected to the Castle, I love the tower and the Grand Hall but the rest of the castle isn't as grand either.

So that's where I'm at in my game...
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I built a community greenhouse/park earlier. Pretty happy with it. I'm avoiding playing in live mode until Seasons comes out. If I get it at launch (all depends on whether Target repeats what they did with C&D and has another sale on launch day) I want to really be in the mood to play. So I've been doing builds, and giving townies makeovers in the save I hope to start with Seasons. Haven't had a chance to look into the gardening overhaul yet, but I've been wanting to try having a gardener sim for a while, so I'm glad they've improved the skill.
  • pointefulpointeful Posts: 36 Member
    I've just been going through and filling in random sims' outfit categories until I get bored of it! ^U^ I played around a bit with the new aspects of the gardening skill with my super green thumb sim! Other than that, I'm holding off a bit and just doing a day or two at a time every time I play or just messing with CAS or build mode because I want to have some more packs before I advance things, like having my sim get married!

I should probably go through and tag all my CC! I didn't think I was going to but i don't want my townies looking like fools, so I might!
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I have a sim who is a total green thumb when it comes to her love of plants. She has been moving around from house to house, and getting their garden to growing, I'm almost attempted to rename her Mary ;) . So far she has completed 3 gardens; The BFF Household, The Roomies Household, and The Lewis Household. She also went out to the community garden (one of my own creation) and has done research on every single plant (that has been released so far). While in their homes, I have been also giving a few sims some much needed summer and few winter outfit make overs.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I've been redressing my sims for the weather. I still have many sims left for when we actually get some new winter clothing, but at least they wont be all wearing the same things.

I've also given some finishing touches to the summer cottages that I built for Granite Falls. All three are now on the gallery (my UN is the same as here).
    sDPKIuf.jpg?1
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    On the day of the patch, the power company was working on the power grid, and I had to wait to do the download. At this point, my antivirus software and spyware programs also decided that THEY wanted to be updated too! :tongue:

By this time, it was was after dinner when the last one finished updating. By now, I just want to kill some zombies - Left 4 Dead 2 time! After I got THAT out of my system, I went to the shower and then head to bed. :sleeping:

Yesterday, I came over to my mom's house and helped her with a few things. I stayed the night and haven't been able to get into my Sims game since I did the update - ugh! :confounded:

Hopefully, sometime today I'll be able to get in a Sim/house renovation.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    @cupid thank you.
  • MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    Ha. ha. ha.
    Now that reset object no longer works, all those glitches that were minor annoyances are now infuriating, since i can't reset the plum sim! I've been trying not to smash things.