Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post their Sims 3 game issues

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I have tried both the ones that come with the game and the ones I purchased from the sim store none of them work. I have none that are not connected somehow to EA either from the game or the store.
    Am trying to help isolate the issue here.

Again, do they (in particular the game ones) work on a different lot? Store content sometimes needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled, there are potential issues with what are considered premium store content, etc., but those wouldn't apply to base game/EP content.

If it's the lot or the sims in particular for which this happens, how are you doing these resets? Using NRaas MasterController by any chance?

If not, or worth a try anyway, and the issue is local to a particular lot/household, try this: Retreat to Edit Town. Evict the entire household to the side of the screen, copy the uninhabited lot down to the household bin, bulldoze the original, replace it with a copy, and move everyone back in without having left the screen. Sometimes this kind of "reset" fixes things that even MC cannot reach.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    JennieDuttonJennieDutton Posts: 8 New Member
    I do not know if they work on a different lot did not think to try that. I use nraas master controller for all the resets I did. I have not tried to evict and bulldoze the lot that you mentioned.
  • Options
    @igazor ~ I placed one of the tables in a park in my town and my toddler sim was able to use it there. I tried the eviction and moving back that you mentioned above (I bulldozed the house and replaced it) but still have the same problem on the home lot. Is there anything else you can recommend to try to fix the problem?

Also I want to thank you for your help it means a lot!
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @igazor ~ I placed one of the tables in a park in my town and my toddler sim was able to use it there. I tried the eviction and moving back that you mentioned above (I bulldozed the house and replaced it) but still have the same problem on the home lot. Is there anything else you can recommend to try to fix the problem?

Also I want to thank you for your help it means a lot!
    Well, we've certainly ruled a lot of things out that it could have been -- broken patch level, toddler's skill manager was broken, bunch of other stuff that we now see is impossible since the table works for that same sim (correct?) in the park in the same ongoing game.

I'm left to think there is something broken or odd about the lot's design. If this is the only thing that doesn't work on it and if I really liked it, I would probably stop there and just make my toddler/child use the object elsewhere like in the park as you did or the public library. Or, of course, you could bulldoze the lot again entirely (even the lot footprint), build a new one from scratch, and try again, or move the family to a new house, but that seems like a lot of work for little benefit.

Potential home buyers: "This is a nice house. Why are you selling it again?"
    Player's sims: "Yeah, we love it but the kids' activity tables won't work here."
    :p

I went through something like this myself once with dominoes tables (Showtime) only to eventually figure out that they don't work anywhere when placed in basements, and very nice finished basement game rooms were where I kept trying to place them. Won't bother to admit how long it took me to work that one out. This could be something similar?
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Yes it was the same sim. The home is all 1 level on the ground floor. I have a few houses I have made and saved in the library so moving should not be to hard. Thank you so much for all of your help not just for myself but looking at things you have helped a lot of people.
  • Options
    IceeyIceey Posts: 148 Member
    Ok hi! I have the nraas story progression mod and I came here hpping sb could help me with how I do not let inactive sims not purchase unoccupied houses. Since I play w a family then grow it into multiple gens this is quite a issue for me when I want to make the kids have their own place. Help
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Ok hi! I have the nraas story progression mod and I came here hpping sb could help me with how I do not let inactive sims not purchase unoccupied houses. Since I play w a family then grow it into multiple gens this is quite a issue for me when I want to make the kids have their own place. Help
    There are quite a number of ways to accomplish that. The simplest one is to not stop inactives from spreading out and moving around, but to reserve a set of particular houses for player use only. Any of these should do it:
    -- Designate the lot as Residential:Player Ownable in Edit Town.
    -- On SP's Lot Options, switch off progression for the unoccupied lot
    -- Pull out the fridge; sims will never move into a house on their own that doesn't have one

For more options, support for NRaas mods is generally to be found at NRaas. It is what we are there for, and this thread is really for technical issues for those with New Member status who need a place to post them since they cannot start their own. :)

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Chatterbox
    (free membership required to post, yes we know Wikispaces is shutting down later this year but we will have moved NRaas to our new site by then so those warnings can be dismissed)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Tyvm @igazor
    I'm just a nooby noob still when it comes to some things in ts3 since ts3 isn't quite like ts2 so tyvm.
  • Options
    And ye I do have a acc on nraas, I just don't remember my acc atm XD
    Well ye wantee to know that cuz I just got a new huge world with many empty houses and I don't want them filling up asap so ty
  • Options
    RitaZ20RitaZ20 Posts: 1 New Member
    I need help with sims 3.
    I've been playing this game forever, and just recently reinstalled it on my computer. It worked fine, but then I installed mods/CC and my game started freezing and crashing. So I uninstalled every mod and CC to see what the problem is, and now my game is acting worse than ever. The loading screen takes FOREVER, and the menu where I click to CAS or to pick a household doesn't show up, and everything freezes. I don't know what to do. It has never happened before. Any suggestions would be great.
  • Options
    hiphoppop95hiphoppop95 Posts: 26 Member
    Does anyone have a solution for this for The Sims 3. It's the first time I've ever seen this bug. I tried deleting everything and then re-launching but my Sims still have zero autonomy. HELP
  • Options
    RitaZ20 wrote: »
    I need help with sims 3.
    I've been playing this game forever, and just recently reinstalled it on my computer. It worked fine, but then I installed mods/CC and my game started freezing and crashing. So I uninstalled every mod and CC to see what the problem is, and now my game is acting worse than ever. The loading screen takes FOREVER, and the menu where I click to CAS or to pick a household doesn't show up, and everything freezes. I don't know what to do. It has never happened before. Any suggestions would be great.
    Try a factory reset. That's a fancy way to say pull your entire TS3 user game folder out of Documents to your desktop for safekeeping and try starting a new game on the clean, no-content folder that will spawn to take its place. If that works out better, then consider keeping that folder and slowly adding your content back to it while checking to make sure the game remains playable.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Does anyone have a solution for this for The Sims 3. It's the first time I've ever seen this bug. I tried deleting everything and then re-launching but my Sims still have zero autonomy. HELP
    First thing to check is to make sure you have Autonomy/Free Will set to something other than off in the Game Options. Not sure why that would have switched itself off if it was working before, though.

But it's also the case that Free Will is one of the first things that goes out the window if the game engine is overwhelmed. Does this only happen in an ongoing saved game or does a newly started test game function better?

And there is also a known bug that causes this that came about when Pets was released (if you have that EP in play). It was fixed by a patch long ago, but resurfaced again in the later patches and has to do with having large dogs and bathtubs in the active household. Basically the game keeps recalculating how to get the dogs into the bathtubs even if they don't need a bath at the moment and uses up all of its resources doing just that. The solution is to either get rid of the dogs (but no one would want to do that) or replace all of the tubs with showers and keep one tub in family inventory for when the dogs really do need bathing. And of course this paragraph can be disregarded if you don't have the Pets EP or large dogs in play.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    hiphoppop95hiphoppop95 Posts: 26 Member
    A new game has autonomy but a continued saved game lost it :(
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    A new game has autonomy but a continued saved game lost it :(
    Okay, you have proven that the problem is not global or due to your install, thus far it's just that one save, so that is useful information.

Are the Pets EP and large dogs in play on the world that isn't functioning as well?

Will also add, is the active household particularly large or complicated? Have you tried emptying out the sims' personal inventories, overstuffed inventories will have this effect also. So will some bizarre combinations like special seeds stored in chests.

Do things improve if, as a different test (you don't have to save this), you change active households within that game?
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    satanbollesatanbolle Posts: 2 New Member
    (Not really sure where to post this..)
    So, recently, both CAW and TSR Workshop has stopped working. I fixed CAW by downloading "SuperCAW", but TSR Workshop will not work.
    Whenever I try to open it, it just instantly crashes, saying "CAW.exe has stopped working"
    Tried re-installing, bypassing virus programs etc. only to fail.
    Please help : (
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    satanbolle wrote: »
    (Not really sure where to post this..)
    So, recently, both CAW and TSR Workshop has stopped working. I fixed CAW by downloading "SuperCAW", but TSR Workshop will not work.
    Whenever I try to open it, it just instantly crashes, saying "CAW.exe has stopped working"
    Tried re-installing, bypassing virus programs etc. only to fail.
    Please help : (
    Not actually sure if TSRW, which was always a fussy program anyway, requires regular CAW over Super CAW or why it would actually require either. But back on the regular CAW install, are you certain that you have the correct version? There is now one for Patch 1.67 and a different version for Patch 1.69.

If that's not it, I suspect that the TS3 Help section of ModTheSims might be a better place to ask what's going wrong there. There is some overlap, but many of us who hang out on this area of the forum do not use these tools very often (or in my case, I've never used CAW).

@SimplyJen - Are you a frequent or even current user of these tools?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    satanbollesatanbolle Posts: 2 New Member
    TSRW doesn't require CAW, I just had/have the same problem with both programs.
    I'll check over at ModTheSims, thank you.
  • Options
    creakiecreakie Posts: 3 New Member
    Heyo!

I've been on a Sims 3 kick lately and I installed the Sims 3 base game plus some expansions and store content. Unfortunately, within the first 5-10 minutes after launching the game my computer crashes. The screen goes black, stays this way for about 30 seconds, then my computer restarts itself. No error messages pop up before crashing or after I log back in to my computer.

What I do when I start the game: open the launcher from the desktop shortcut, start game, intros, loading screen, load a save file, another loading screen, get about two minutes of gameplay, then my computer crashes.

I bought and installed the games (base, Generations, Seasons) on Steam. I initially thought that installing from Steam was the cause of the crashes so I uninstalled the game and tried again with hard copies (base, Generations). Even the hard copies had the exact same crashing issue. I since installed more expansions from Origin (Seasons, University Life) and downloaded store content (Monte Vista, Hidden Springs). I don't have any mods or custom content installed.

What else I've done: updated the game to its latest patch (1.69.43.024017), changed the graphic settings in-game to its lowest settings, put the game in windowed mode, changed origin settings (disabled origin in-game, offline mode), used the origin repair game feature, ran the game launcher and game as administrator, changed compatibility mode for the sims launcher and game (windows 7, windows 8), disabled Windows game bar, set the game as an exception from Windows Defender.. I checked and my graphics card is up to date; so is Windows.

This is the same computer I used in the past when playing the Sims 3 (hard copies: base, Ambitions, Generations, Pets) about four or five years ago and I never had this issue before, it worked smoothly. I am so confused on what to do next, I'm not the most tech savvy..
  • Options
    creakie wrote: »
    Heyo!

I've been on a Sims 3 kick lately and I installed the Sims 3 base game plus some expansions and store content. Unfortunately, within the first 5-10 minutes after launching the game my computer crashes. The screen goes black, stays this way for about 30 seconds, then my computer restarts itself. No error messages pop up before crashing or after I log back in to my computer.

What I do when I start the game: open the launcher from the desktop shortcut, start game, intros, loading screen, load a save file, another loading screen, get about two minutes of gameplay, then my computer crashes.

I bought and installed the games (base, Generations, Seasons) on Steam. I initially thought that installing from Steam was the cause of the crashes so I uninstalled the game and tried again with hard copies (base, Generations). Even the hard copies had the exact same crashing issue. I since installed more expansions from Origin (Seasons, University Life) and downloaded store content (Monte Vista, Hidden Springs). I don't have any mods or custom content installed.

What else I've done: updated the game to its latest patch (1.69.43.024017), changed the graphic settings in-game to its lowest settings, put the game in windowed mode, changed origin settings (disabled origin in-game, offline mode), used the origin repair game feature, ran the game launcher and game as administrator, changed compatibility mode for the sims launcher and game (windows 7, windows 8), disabled Windows game bar, set the game as an exception from Windows Defender.. I checked and my graphics card is up to date; so is Windows.

This is the same computer I used in the past when playing the Sims 3 (hard copies: base, Ambitions, Generations, Pets) about four or five years ago and I never had this issue before, it worked smoothly. I am so confused on what to do next, I'm not the most tech savvy..
    As you are actually able to get the game launched and running (for a short while) on both Steam and Origin installs, this sounds more like a operating system, hardware resource, or driver issue than an install one. The forced reboot thing as opposed to just freezing up or crashing is particularly concerning. Can we get a full dxdiag report on this computer?

How to run one: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information
    How to share it: If you could, please send it up to Pastebin.com and provide a broken up link (use "h.t.t.p.s." or something like that so we can read it)

Whatever you have done to change compatibility modes, I would suggest undoing that. There is no need to change compat settings for TS3 and that's just going to get in the way of other kinds of troubleshooting. This was a thing way back when Windows 8.0 was the current OS but before the 8.1 update came out years ago and the game was patched for it, but not really since then.

If you are now on Win 10, was your operating system updated to it in place or was a clean reinstall done, wiping everything out at the time and starting over?

If this is a laptop, please confirm that you are playing (trying to play) with the power cord plugged in and not on battery.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    nsnilaynsnilay Posts: 24 New Member
    My game does not launch after I changed the graphicsrules file to make my game recognize my grap. card.When I erase '' or match("${cardName}", "*GTX 1???*")) ''from graphic rules my game works.But İn device config its still (found 1 matched 0)
    I did it earlier and it was working.This time I erased my game and downloaded again and its not working
  • Options
    Sabishi1985Sabishi1985 Posts: 9 New Member
    Hi there! :)

I'm being haunted by the infamous bugs called "dark colors in fullscreen mode" and "fps running wild". I've tried every solution I could possibly find, finally got vsync to work by manually adding my graphics card and using Nvidia Inspector. I also downloaded "Borderless Gaming" in order to play the game in borderless mode with bright and beautiful colors...

But here's my new problem: How do I cap my fps while using Borderless Gaming? Nvidia Inspector was able to cap my fps in fullscreen and windowed mode, but the second I turn on Borderless Gaming, my fps run wild again (200-300 fps and wonderful screen tearing). So right now I have to choose between playing blindly because of dark colors or frying my graphics card. -.-'

I'm using a notebook, Windows 10 64Bit, Nvidia GTX 1060 (3GB), i7-6700HQ (2.60GHz). Any ideas about this? ^^'
  • Options
    nsnilay wrote: »
    My game does not launch after I changed the graphicsrules file to make my game recognize my grap. card.When I erase '' or match("${cardName}", "*GTX 1???*")) ''from graphic rules my game works.But İn device config its still (found 1 matched 0)
    I did it earlier and it was working.This time I erased my game and downloaded again and its not working
    From where you are now, can you get your game up and running with the graphics card remaining unrecognized? Formal recognition is not typically a requirement for gameplay, the card should still be used only with a weaker set of defaults that can then be changed in Game Options.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Hi there! :)

I'm being haunted by the infamous bugs called "dark colors in fullscreen mode" and "fps running wild". I've tried every solution I could possibly find, finally got vsync to work by manually adding my graphics card and using Nvidia Inspector. I also downloaded "Borderless Gaming" in order to play the game in borderless mode with bright and beautiful colors...

But here's my new problem: How do I cap my fps while using Borderless Gaming? Nvidia Inspector was able to cap my fps in fullscreen and windowed mode, but the second I turn on Borderless Gaming, my fps run wild again (200-300 fps and wonderful screen tearing). So right now I have to choose between playing blindly because of dark colors or frying my graphics card. -.-'

I'm using a notebook, Windows 10 64Bit, Nvidia GTX 1060 (3GB), i7-6700HQ (2.60GHz). Any ideas about this? ^^'
    On Nvidia Inspector, in Section 2 of its options, there should be settings for Vertical Sync (On), Triple Buffering (On) and at the top of that same section, a place to explicitly set the Frame Limiter to the refresh rate of your monitor or just under it (usually 60 Hz, so the goal would around 60 fps). That last one should work in windowed mode, including Windowed Borderless. This field, I believe, has no values entered into it by default where the 60 (more or less) should go.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16365571#Comment_16365571
    (look under the second spoiler for illustrations)

If that setting stubbornly refuses to take hold, the next tool we usually try in turn is RivaTuner Stats Server (RTSS). Or we page @SimplyJen and she explains what we are doing wrong. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    creakiecreakie Posts: 3 New Member
    > @igazor said:
    >
    > As you are actually able to get the game launched and running (for a short while) on both Steam and Origin installs, this sounds more like a operating system, hardware resource, or driver issue than an install one. The forced reboot thing as opposed to just freezing up or crashing is particularly concerning. Can we get a full dxdiag report on this computer?
    >
    > Whatever you have done to change compatibility modes, I would suggest undoing that. There is no need to change compat settings for TS3 and that's just going to get in the way of other kinds of troubleshooting. This was a thing way back when Windows 8.0 was the current OS but before the 8.1 update came out years ago and the game was patched for it, but not really since then.
    >
    > If you are now on Win 10, was your operating system updated to it in place or was a clean reinstall done, wiping everything out at the time and starting over?
    >
    > If this is a laptop, please confirm that you are playing (trying to play) with the power cord plugged in and not on battery.

I was thinking it had something to do with my computer rather than the game, I just didn't know what exactly was wrong
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top