Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weather transitions too fast?

06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
9:20
Does it always just go away this fast.
https://youtu.be/e7ADYKAByiY

Title edited since some have posted videos where puddles disappear writhing 15 minutes of rain stopping.

Snow is around 5 hours but it looks weird to me.
Post edited by 06Bon06 on

Comments

• kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Well considering the weather machine was used, I'd assume so.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I hope is just because he used the weather machine :/
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    kittymeow wrote: »

But like when it gets too warm or the season changes will it just quickly retreat like that.
    I hope is just because he used the weather machine :/

Same. I don't like it that way
    Also, does anyone know of videos where it shows the changes between seasons
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Yesterday all these game changers got the game to download and today the embargo ends so I hope some of them do show the transitions.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »

But like when it gets too warm or the season changes will it just quickly retreat like that.

No, it's a gradual change. It only changed quickly because of the weather machine. I know there's some videos out there somewhere that show transitions.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    Hope not. Maybe it's only a weather machine effect
    image.png
    IceyJ wrote: »

No, it's a gradual change. It only changed quickly because of the weather machine. I know there's some videos out there somewhere that show transitions.

Can you remember any of the videos?
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

No, sorry. I wasn't paying much attention because I was looking for more details about the calendar.

No, sorry. I wasn't paying much attention because I was looking for more details about the calendar.

Okay. ^^
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Rain puddles also disappear the moment the rain stops. It's just weird. >.<
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Really? Do you have a video of that? O.o
    edited June 2018

https://youtu.be/78JzC7BIJVc?t=8m30s

Watch until the rain stops. You see, no more puddles. Just gone instantly.

Edit:

for the best visual: watch around 6:19+ the rain stops and the puddles are gone.
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    [
    for the best visual: watch around 6:37 the rain stops and the puddles are gone.[/b]

To be fair the speed is on 3 so hyper speed for everything. If this was on speed 1 which I am usually playing with, except for a very few instances, then the transition would be so much nicer and not so abrupt. Either way the weather effects look amazing throughout. Love the full world flashing when there is a thunderstorm!

edited June 2018
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    [
    for the best visual: watch around 6:37 the rain stops and the puddles are gone.[/b]

To be fair the speed is on 3 so hyper speed for everything. If this was on speed 1 which I am usually playing with, except for a very few instances, then the transition would be so much nicer and not so abrupt. Either way the weather effects look amazing throughout. Love the full world flashing when there is a thunderstorm!

Yup it is on speed 3, but nevertheless puddles are gone as soon as it stops. They are slowly getting less but if its dry the puddles are gone. That's the point :) Imo when it stopped raining puddles should stay for a bit and slowly fade over time.
    edited June 2018
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    [

But if you look at sim time it takes around 15 minutes in game for the puddles to disappear. No where do bug puddles just vanish in 15 minutes.

The same thing happens after the thunderstorm. Puddles disappear minutes after the sun comes out. Are out sims living in a world with a dangerous sun and vampires are just unmutated humans.

And the snow does what I thought it would, basically the white opacity is increased over a time which looks weird.

https://youtu.be/78JzC7BIJVc?t=8m30s

Watch until the rain stops. You see, no more puddles. Just gone instantly.

Edit:

for the best visual: watch around 6:19+ the rain stops and the puddles are gone.

Thank you ^^

I'm officially annoyed by the transitions. I wonder if fall trees also takes 5 hours after the season starts to appear.
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited June 2018
    But if you look at sim time it takes around 15 minutes in game for the puddles to disappear. No where do bug puddles just vanish in 15 minutes.

The same thing happens after the thunderstorm. Puddles disappear minutes after the sun comes out.

Sims time has never been precisely equal to real-life time. Pretty much any task in the game takes longer than real-life. It doesn't take an hour and a half to eat a salad in real-life or 10 hours to bowl a game. In this case, they went shorter on the time....and I'm sure it probably made much more sense from a programming perspective (coding weather situations for the weather report, outfit changes, thermostat, etc.) not to have extended overlaps between weather conditions.
    Post edited by JimG72 on
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    No, the snow slowly transitions and they showed it in the live stream. That video is the use of a weather machine AND the video was sped up for editing.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

And we have confirmation from a Game Changer.

To be honest I really don't get why they just don't seem to care about details like this, yet they claim this is ''the best'' Seasons ever. (but they do that with every EP).
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member

To be honest I really don't get why they just don't seem to care about details like this, yet they claim this is ''the best'' Seasons ever. (but they do that with every EP).

Ugh. So basically if you want to play in puddles you have to go outside when it's pouring. No waiting for the rain to stop and then go out to enjoy the wet environment like pretty much all of us did when we were little :disappointed:

Ugh. So basically if you want to play in puddles you have to go outside when it's pouring. No waiting for the rain to stop and then go out to enjoy the wet environment like pretty much all of us did when we were little :disappointed:

Seems like it. So much for immersion.
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    I love al the gameplay in this ep careers etc but the effects and seem really lacking in many ways
    -no snow depth
    -no rain dripping of of roofs or on the ground
    - ground doesn’t stay wet
    - Puddles dissapear immidiately
    - No hail
    - No sunburns
    To me personally i normally don’t really mind if they payed less atention to effects or graphics but seasons is the pack where it’s mostly about effects and graphics since it’s the weather and i feel like it’s really lacking
    JimG72 wrote: »

The same thing happens after the thunderstorm. Puddles disappear minutes after the sun comes out.

Sims time has never been precisely equal to real-life time. Pretty much any task in the game takes longer than real-life. It doesn't take an hour and a half to eat a salad in real-life or 10 hours to bowl a game. In this case, they went shorter on the time....and I'm sure it probably made much more sense from a programming prospective (coding weather situations for the weather report, outfit changes, thermostat, etc.) not to have extended overlaps between weather conditions.

No the timing isn't the same as real life but like some mentioned puddles disappearing like this, means your sims will have to go out in the rain and get soaked to play in puddles. That alone is ridiculous.

I'm sure all those would have worked fine with puddles on the ground.