Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glad to see they enabled socializing while bowling!

I was pleasantly surprised that they gave Sims the ability to socialize while bowling. That was my number one gripe about that feature. Perhaps I will actually use it now!

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Yes I am so happy about that and being able to alter the game length.
  • Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    I am so excited! I have wanted to use bowling for teens, but there was not much point to it.
  • Options
    LadyDecafLadyDecaf Posts: 89 Member
    Totally agree, I hated that they couldn't before. Bowling just didn't feel right, so its a much welcome surprise/fix.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I am tempted to buy the bowling stuff pack.... :o:o:o
  • Options
    RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    I was excited about the pack until I heard about that issue so I might stick the game back on the wishlist now. :)
    iscQh5U.png
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »

I can recommend the pack for the CAS items alone. Especially if you are getting seasons, the tops are great to create summer outfits and swim wear. I am going to leave this under a spoiler because I have spammed the forum with these pictures way too many times.
    Wrh0GS1.jpg
    vZGzBsV.jpg

And I will definitely give bowling another chance now. :)
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    I think the sim I am playing now might ask his crush to go bowling for a first date when I fire up the game later
  • Options
    edited June 2018

@Netzspannung I think that CAS female top is another reason why I wanna buy it too as it works well for anything!
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    I think @Finbar659 meant to tag you @Netzspannung I do love the top as well
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    What other objects from past packs do you think need updating? Seeing as thought they listened to our many complaints about bowling we could probably get another object updated! Great job to The Sims team for addressing this.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Now the bowling pack is not a waste of my money!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Now the bowling pack is not a waste of my money!

I agree. I was so peeved when I saw how they just silently stood while the players bowled. It was my number one reason for rating it almost dead last of the stuff packs. I will have to look how they improved it when I get the urge to play.
  • Options
    @ikiamyetta I quickly edited it before you noticed, sadly i was too slow lol
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member
    edited June 2018
    Yes, finally I can bring my sims to bowl now. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    edited June 2018
    Stee-rike! The two things I wanted most from Bowling! They picked up the 7-10 split of socializing and variable game lengths.
    Certain of my Sims who shall remain nameless (Caleb Vatore) have the attention span of a grapefruit and can't handle more than three frames before wandering off.
    While some of my grown-up, more competative Sims (Lilith Vatore) like a long game and would relish the chance to chat while they crush their opponents into the lanes.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    I'm unpopular. My post about the bowling update got only one reply, yet this one posted hours later already has 15.

I'm happy about the update too. Bowling will be a lot more interesting now.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »

I can recommend the pack for the CAS items alone. Especially if you are getting seasons, the tops are great to create summer outfits and swim wear. I am going to leave this under a spoiler because I have spammed the forum with these pictures way too many times.
    Wrh0GS1.jpg
    vZGzBsV.jpg

And I will definitely give bowling another chance now. :)

I never thought of using this top as a swimsuit. I love it even more now. Thanks!
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    So, I sent my Sims bowling last night, and chose an option, but they couldn't bowl.
    The waved their arms and made the "I'm sorry, I can't go there" noise, and had a bowling lane in their speech balloon. The bowling team next to them wasn't bowling either.
    Anybody else have this happen?
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Yes, I'm so happy they did this! Bowling was so pointless and long before. Now I'm looking forward to taking my sims bowling again! I'll probably build a new bowling alley too. It also shows that the developers are trying to learn and make up for their mistakes. Hopefully, they'll fix other mistakes in other packs too.
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Now I'll get it when there is a sale.

I wish horseshoes and darts increased social too though...
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    edited July 2018
    Wait, they did?

I haven't sent my sims to bowl in a long time. Must have missed that in patch notes :o That's amazing!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    So, I sent my Sims bowling last night, and chose an option, but they couldn't bowl.
    The waved their arms and made the "I'm sorry, I can't go there" noise, and had a bowling lane in their speech balloon. The bowling team next to them wasn't bowling either.
    Anybody else have this happen?
    Bowling was broke after the Seasons Patch but the recent Emergency Patch fixed it even though it wasn't listed in the patch notes.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I was pleasantly surprised that they gave Sims the ability to socialize while bowling. That was my number one gripe about that feature. Perhaps I will actually use it now!

Finally my Sims can bowl in the nude and talk at the same time. Naked bowling while socializing is going to be the best experience ever.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

Finally my Sims can bowl in the nude and talk at the same time. Naked bowling while socializing is going to be the best experience ever.

I need the LOL button. So "LOL" beep, beep, beep!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Do they still keep their bowling shoes on? Inquiring minds want to know!