Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch 6/19 gameplay issues

Comments

• Options
    JohkuJohku Posts: 89 Member
    edited June 2018
    I can't load my game anymore. It worked just fine some time after the patch, but then it suddenly crashed. I couldn't load the game and I thought it could be the MCCC mod, even though it wasn't even in use so I updated it... and it worked again.

But when I played later it did it again and crashed just when I was saving. I removed the whole mods folder, but now I can't load any game files (not even the old ones I haven't touched in months), it crashes almost immediately when I try to do so. I have tried to repair the game, but it has not helped.

Edit: Now the whole game refuses to load, this has never happened before.
    Post edited by Johku on
  • Options
    ljoejoe871ljoejoe871 Posts: 29 Member
    I moved my mods and saves to another folder and created a new save. My spliced special plants such as snapdragon/strawberry are not producing dragonfruit. I also have another spliced plant that’s only produced one bonsai buds in several days.
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    I started a new save without mods/cc and when the Welcome Wagon came, they didn't stay very long. I greeted them, they talked for a few minutes and then they all left, ending the event and taking the fruitcake with them. I know the fruitcake issue was supposed to have been fixed in the patch, so maybe instead now the Welcome Wagon is broken.

Hello @ClassicalSim
    Try seeing if the same thing occurs, the next time that a sim moves into a new home.
    If it happens again, you may like to start a new thread on the AHQ EA site and post feedback on the issue there
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

I tried it again and it worked correctly this time. The only thing I did differently was invite them inside. Last time I just talked to them outside and they left early, ending the event early and taking the fruitcake with them. This time I invited them in and they set the fruitcake on the table and stayed. I don't know if the first time was a glitch, or if you have to invite them inside for the Welcome Wagon to function properly.

In the past, I usually cancelled the Welcome Wagon myself as soon as they get there. So, I don't know, maybe you've always needed to invite them inside for it to work properly.
  • Options
    mistwolf7mistwolf7 Posts: 78 Member
    I can't get the emotion berries from Jungle Adventure to work. All I get is the regular moodlet whenever a sim eats any kind of plant, I don't get the emotion from it. And the remove all buffs cheat isn't working for me either.
  • Options
    Caitie85Caitie85 Posts: 156 Member
    Caitie85 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is a new bug or not, but ...

rhmmpk.png

Fun fact: my sim owns exactly zero (0) cats. And has her doors locked.
    Hello
    Did the cats just appear in your Sims home when you loaded the game?

No, they are all strays. They came onto my lot and just helped themselves, walking right through the door, one at a time. I had the Cat Hangout lot trait, so that might have something to do with it. They also refused to do anything to help their needs -- I placed a bowl of food right in the center of the floor and they all ignored it to cry about how hungry they were, nor could I click on it and Call To Meal or anything, so it just went bad. I unlocked the door, thinking they may be stuck, but they never left. I took out the Cat Hangout lot trait, and it didn't help. I'll try leaving the lot and loading another, and see if they're still there when I get back.
    Kickin' back in Sulani.
  • Options
    SimLarkSimLark Posts: 143 Member
    Another bug: My sims just keep watering the same plants over and over again in a terrible loop. They water one plant, turn and water the next plant, then turn back to the first plant and water it again. Just back and forth like that. CC/mods are disabled and it's a new save. Will try repairing the game.

Same here. Infinite loop.
    I am not an English native speaker, so excuse my French :)
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I found that the move room feature is now glitched where everything that isn't attached to the floors or walls doesn't get moved automatically with the room.
  • Options
    brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    Didn't see this mentioned, but the colors in my game seem different, the grass is not as vibrant green, but a more olive color. The coloring seems off, for some weird reason, not sure if anyone noticed, or it's just me :)
  • Options
    JuliepusenJuliepusen Posts: 1 New Member
    I can open a gamefile, but when it comes to playing with my sims family, it just brings be back to the screen where the worlds are... I have lots of mm downloaded, I tried removing it but it still woulnt open. Is this a bug?
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    The reset cheat is not working. My sim is now abducted via UFO. I hope not to be pregnant.
  • Options
    Simslver123Simslver123 Posts: 7 New Member
    @rosemow I press submit but nothing happens
  • Options
    @rosemow I tried to submit my bug, but it didn't work
  • Options
    didn't mean to send it again, my bad
  • Options
    120181bella120181bella Posts: 10 New Member
    I’m having so many problems since this latest update I can no longer use the skills cheats but yet I can still promote careers and motherload and I also can’t hire a gardener. I’ve tried turning off my computer and restarting. Also tried testingcheats true but nothing works and ideas what I can do?
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I have a new game started, placed the bird feeder and it's not working properly in my game. I have got the bird attack, I can fill the feeder, but no birds will come eat. I tried it on a lot I built a dome on and then I tried it on a empty lot. Same results on both lots.
  • Options
    Also no social media available on the computer
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I think I will need a new everything. I bought season, and there is no place to download it. So I need a new Origin. I can't get into any houses, no doubt I will need a new MC Commander. Probably I will need a new Sims 4 Studio. And more than likely, I will have to scrap all CC, and start over. I don't know about pose player, and teleport any sim. I hope that's ok at least.
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Also no social media available on the computer
    It works on my computer :) could be random?

• Options
    [quote="Jeansoo;c-16550111"][quote="120181bella;c-16549994"]Also no social media available on the computer[/quote]
    It works on my computer :) could be random?

[/quote]

I found out that it’s because my charisma isn’t above 5 due to the cheat skills not working I hadn’t realised because I always max that out straight away
  • Options
    Hlove15Hlove15 Posts: 1 New Member
    Just update and all my brown wood floor are purple and shiny. :'(
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    So far I have noticed the following while playing a vanilla game after my game was patched today:
    Long skirts for teen/adult/elder women are not sorted in cold weather sort, but some are in hot weather sort.
    NO tops for female child are in cold weather sort.
    The only full-body outfit currently available for cold weather sort for female or male child is the outer space outfit.
    Cool kitchen female adult tops are not tagged for hot weather nor cold weather.

I know you can take the filter off but it's quite annoying the fact that there are wool sweaters in the base game and jackets that somehow aren't cold weather clothing. And it goes for both males and female sims.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    mistwolf7 wrote: »
    I can't get the emotion berries from Jungle Adventure to work. All I get is the regular moodlet whenever a sim eats any kind of plant, I don't get the emotion from it. And the remove all buffs cheat isn't working for me either.

Hello
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop, and then test to see if the issue with the berries remains.
  • Options
    Not sure if this is a new bug or not, but ...

rhmmpk.png

Fun fact: my sim owns exactly zero (0) cats. And has her doors locked.
    Hello
    Did the cats just appear in your Sims home when you loaded the game?

No, they are all strays. They came onto my lot and just helped themselves, walking right through the door, one at a time. I had the Cat Hangout lot trait, so that might have something to do with it. They also refused to do anything to help their needs -- I placed a bowl of food right in the center of the floor and they all ignored it to cry about how hungry they were, nor could I click on it and Call To Meal or anything, so it just went bad. I unlocked the door, thinking they may be stuck, but they never left. I took out the Cat Hangout lot trait, and it didn't help. I'll try leaving the lot and loading another, and see if they're still there when I get back.

Hello
    After removing the lot trait, try all deleting the localthumbcache.package file.
    I hope that the cats aren’t there when your sim returns back to the lot.
  • Options
    SimmerOfEnglandSimmerOfEngland Posts: 194 Member
    Can't access the gallery!
    ⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
    S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,
    Sims lost:7
  • Options
    brenleedee wrote: »
    Didn't see this mentioned, but the colors in my game seem different, the grass is not as vibrant green, but a more olive color. The coloring seems off, for some weird reason, not sure if anyone noticed, or it's just me :)

Hello
    This AHQ EA thread refers to the issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Duller-Grass-with-Seasons-Patch/m-p/6871960#M63436