Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alright guys...what’s the secret to catching a mountain lionfish??

So I’ve been playing the family I will be exploring seasons with. Dad had the Angling Ace aspiration which I finished. I decided to go ahead and have him catch all the fish currently available. I have caught everything except the mountain lionfish. I’m in the waterfall area of Granite Falls. I have used multiple various types of bait. My sim has gone on two seven day vacations and camped at that spot and I have still not caught one of these plum mountain lionfish. Is there a certain type of bait that’s best?? Anyone have any pointers??
ezgif_com_resize.gif

Comments

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    if you don't mind 'cheating', you could download pisces park by @lumiasta. it's a desert-themed park that she placed the rare version of the outdoor retreat fishing spot in, so can catch all the fish there eventually without constantly going back to granite falls.

also, the one bait listed in the notebook of all my sims is basil. that sim had over 100 basil, though, and i just parked her at the waterfall and let her fish while i did other things with the rest of the family:
    017b156ef43dafc110aaf121e3a4772d.png
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Thank you @kalaksed - I will give the basil a try :) And if all else fails I’ll use that lot!!
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• MazzaaarMazzaaar Posts: 1 New Member
    Right guys! This worked for me :) So i followed a guid that said to fish for the mountain lion big fish at the waterfall Found in Deep Woods of Granite Falls (Waterfall Spot), But insted i used Endangered Species of fish, My sim is max lvl in fishing and i captured it from the waterfall in the Hermit of Granite Falls :) took a few attempts as i captured one cowplant and 4 sage but it seemed to work! Oh also i captured all the other species of fish before trying for this one (just incase, i did try a few attempts with big fish bait before hand with max lvl fishing and 87% of my fish captured but it didnt seem to work) Capturing rare fish with endagerd fish as bait seemed to work great for me as it only took a few attempts! Try it out, i hope this helps :)
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I just build up my sims fishing skill and go to where the hermit lives in Granite Falls and keep fishing.
    I always get a Mountain Lion fish after a while.
    No cheating required as the only cheat I know is the Motherlode one and I don't use any mods as I don't know how to get them.
    I've went onto various mod sites and downloaded stuff but have no idea where they have gone.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited December 2019
    @mock68 if you are using the Edge browser in Windows 10 do a Save As and designate where you want the file to be saved. Also if you are using windows do a search for these terms:
    • *.zip
    • *.package

this should show you all of those files with that extension and you can discover where those files you downloaded are.

If you are using a Mac, I dunno.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱