Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

garlic

How do you make the garlic wreaths to keep the vampires out?

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    It happens either two ways.

1. You sim will need to skill up in their Vampire Lore Skill.
    2. If you don't want to mess with it, you can find it when you use the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat.
    Oh yes, I forgot, you don't have to have a wreath to keep them out, but if you have a lot of garlic around the lot will stop them also. Even the growing plants will work as well.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    If the Vampires have "Garlic Immunity" this won't work... (from what I understand anyway).
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
    That's true, but unless you have given any vampires that trait, I don't they they will have it. I know for sure the three who live in Forgotten Hollow don't have it.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited June 2018
    NPC Vamps may have randomly been given the trait. They will come a-knockin'.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    edited June 2018
    Anmirla wrote: »
    NPC Vamps may have randomly been given the trait. They will come a-knockin'.

Then I say BRING IT ONNNNNNN. lol If it's not smart enough to avoid the sims I'm playing, they will be smited out of existence . mawhahahaha trying to have an evil laugh here ;)

On a side note, it might be a good thing I'm only giving several households some laundry updates to their homes today.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    yeah, randomly created vampires seem to have one of several templates applied to them, mostly low level stuff, but occasionally have higher end powers. and one of them does appear to have garlic immunity. thankfully, it doesn't seem to be the same template that has 'eternally welcome' or that would just suck (for the 15 seconds it'd take to delete that vamp, esp if it got the klepto trait...)
    edited June 2018
    Just remembered something, and I've tested this out several different times. Lock the outside doors to where no one can enter or leave. It will stop the vampire from getting in, and it will stop the intended victim from leaving. Just remember to unlock it the next morning or no one is going anywhere (who ever is locked in). I've actually also prevented abductions from aliens the same way.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Yep. Garlic works if the vampire doesn't have garlic immunity. Once I forgot to put the garlic, so Caleb Vatore broke into an elderly couple's home and drank from the husband (he did feel guilty after that). After that, the wife went to his house to get revenge and fought him. In short, the old lady won the fight (Yep, a vampire got beaten by an elder).