Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, it's been a month since Laundry Day release...

Comments

• JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    I bought Laundry Day, but haven't really played around with the laundry aspect much...
    @Zeldaboy180
    I stand corrected. I built a kitchen with the wood countertops & tractor seat barstools and kept the same natural wood vibe for the kitchen table and most of the main floor. And yes, the hanging lightbulb (3 of them) over the bar was the perfect aesthetic in that situation. It’s my Indigenous Salt House on the gallery.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Other (please explain)
    I think I'll eventually buy it, but I wouldn't say I'm going to because I love it. I like the build/buy and I'm not mad about having laundry in the game (though I wish it hadn't been part of the player choice SP and was just a regular SP). However, it's still not a must-have for me.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited March 2018
    I bought Laundry Day and no, doing laundry has become such a bore now...
    I don't buy a washer/drier anymore, so my Sims end up with dirty laundry in their inventory. The random buff they'd get was annoying, at best. I will say this -- Wicker Whims. I am still laughing over that one which probably made the pack worth it.
  • lele62lele62 Posts: 157 Member
    Other (please explain)
    I bought Laundry Day. I don't mind doing the laundry, but don't like the moodlets especially when they overpower ones that I want, like very playful overpowering my hard-earned focused when I want my sim to learn gardening, fishing, logic, archaeology. UGH!! Don't care for the clothes and have only really used the hampers, wash tub, clothes line, washer and dryer. Not really any other stuff I like.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I bought Laundry Day, but haven't really played around with the laundry aspect much...
    I didn't want laundry in my game - but I liked the content outside of the laundry - so I have never once put the washers, tub, line, or laundry hampers in my game but have plenty of fun with the rest of the pack - plus like having a pack the players helped choose things for.

Also if I ever decide I want the laundry features - well I already have the pack. Right now I am just happy to enjoy everything but the laundry. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Other (please explain)
    I don't want to deal with laundry on the floor and I have no interest in eco packs.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    To me, laundry is a bore in real life lol but I will say I enjoy the Build and Buy objects as well as the CAS items so the laundry part may be boring now but I don't regret getting the pack.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I bought it for the CAS and Buy Mode assets that were honestly really cute. I'm a big fan of the rustic aesthetic in my sims game, so the assets were a must have. I used the clothes line and wash basin once, just to see the animations (they were well done, but only something I'd use if I was writing a story), and I have literally never used the electric washer and dryer. Laundry is the one domestic chore in real life that I loathe with the fire of a thousand suns, and I would never willingly make my sims do it... I'm cruel, but not that cruel. I'd rather they spend their nights making their neighbors wet themselves with a voodoo doll or scaring them with their alien probe tools. >:)

That being said, I don't mind that it's in the game. People seemed to really want it and the Sims Team did a great job of trying to work something for everyone into the pack. The assets were wonderful and well worth the $10 (at least for me), but even the allure of possibly lighting a sim on fire with the electric dryer was not enough to get me to plop that thing down in my game... at least not yet. lol
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • ElectraRaiElectraRai Posts: 99 Member
    I bought Laundry Day and yes, I still find enjoyment in doing laundry!
    I am suprised how much fun i have with objects from this sp and i am not really fan of rustic items. I found laundry cool chore for kids. But for me best are CAS clothes and casual hairstyles. So yeah i am suprised by myselfe how much i use this pack
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited March 2018
    the cas and gameplay are unimpressive to me. i might eventually buy for the bb, idk.

Odd, I really like the CAS and it combines well with existing CAS in my game.
    @pepperjax1230

I said i was waiting for an ACTUAL eco-living pack that was promised. A majority the stuff pack has NOTHING to do with eco-living, and that is just how i view it. Unfortunately, since the devs are from the silicon valley, i highly doubt they will ever go the eco-living route as I see it while living in the Midwest in fly-over country.

Remember the community voted on this content, so take it up with the voters. Some people complained that there were no top-loading washing machines, but front-loaders are actually more water-saving than top-loaders, so that and the washtub/clothesline are definitely "eco-friendly". The rest of the items seem more "country living" inspired but not that bad. As for the comments about Silicon Valley, other than electricity use (and increased installations of solar panels can help with that), we're as "eco-friendly" as possible around here. We could definitely see more options in the game in future packs, like maybe a compost bin (where old food or leaves or grass cuttings) can be tossed then turned into fertilizer for the garden (that could come in a Farming pack that's been much requested). Or maybe we get solar panels and individual wind turbines in Seasons.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I bought it and then before I could even download it my pc died! After replacing the broken parts which will finally be done tonight I hope to enjoy it and honestly I bought it more for buy objects and supporting the fact that the players got to vote then for laundry.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I didn't buy Laundry Day and wouldn't buy it due to no interest in laundry/missed the mark on eco-living theme
    Laundry in a Sims game for me:

george.gif
    5JZ57S6.png
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    It used to be fun at first, but now it has become repetitive.
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    Wasn't hyped about laundry thing, just love the bb and CAS style of the pack. It's a stuff pack, so I bought it for the stuff in the first place. I usually place laundry objects on living lots because I like realism and I'm using bb and CAS items quite often. I consider Laundry day the best Stuff Pack for Sims 4 for now.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I'll always enjoy having LD for two reasons: Laundromat builds, and building with the retro furniture (that can go into so many different builds!).

Couldn't care much less either way about the laundry gameplay tbh, though I do appreciate how you can use it to manipulate moods in certain ways that you want.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Laundry itself is really dull (as I expected) and way too high-maintenance in large households. It drives me nuts how my Sims drop their clothes everywhere when autonomously changing outfits, even when I've got multiple hampers. However, I love the CAS and Build and Buy stuff and have already been using it a lot.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Laundry in a Sims game for me:

george.gif
    Thats how I feel and I have never liked laundry in the game though I did buy it because I wanted the cool furniture it had.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • KristinaKristina Posts: 582 Member
    Other (please explain)
    I'm still stunned there was even a stuff pack named Laundry Day. When I first heard of it I thought it was something akin to an April Fool's Day joke. I'm happy for the return of laundry but 🐸🐸🐸🐸. A pack centred around a household chore. I was so disappointed when I found out this was what the community actually voted on - although admittedly I'm sure people thought it was going to be more than it was, given the "eco-living" term I'm seeing here.

Despite this, I'll buy it someday. The furniture is cute and I would like to see the laundry function again. But at £9.99? I'll wait for a sale, thank you. Now excuse me while I get back to eagerly chewing my nails for My First Pet Stuff.
  • MedusaSimzMedusaSimz Posts: 33 Member
    I didn't buy Laundry Day but I still would love to purchase so I can have laundry!
    Didn't buy it becauuuuuse I'm a poor uni student ;)
    I want to buy it, but not for the 'doing laundry' content per say but rather the new items and clothing.
    tumblr_opab9ws8vL1ta5iimo1_500.gif
  • frogkiss1frogkiss1 Posts: 248 Member
    Other (please explain)
    Sometimes i find it a pain to have to pick up and wash clothes. However just like life it's got to be done, and just like like it's a pain.
  • ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    I bought it and love it. All the stuff in it and the laundry aspect itself. My sims don't get much the chance to do it though because the butler does it all :lol:
    The only thing that annoys me is the idle animations. Sims constantly swipe their shoulders and go Pahhh. Idk but that annoys me when I given them something to do and they just stand there swiping their shoulders.
  • FuriousHazFuriousHaz Posts: 4 New Member
    I hated the idea of Laundry when we first voted but actually I use it more often than 80% of the other stuff packs
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I finally bought it a little while ago, but strictly for the build/buy aspects - the promised 'country living' of the original but not really followed through on idea. I quite have my fill of the boring chore of laundry in RL, so see no need to bring it into a game that's supposed to be for fun and relaxation.
  • BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    I didn't buy Laundry Day but I still would love to purchase so I can have laundry!
    I'm very behind on my stuff packs. Between school and work, l just don't have as much time to play as l used to. I just bought Movie Hangout Stuff last month. I'm missing so many packs, including:
    Luxury Party Stuff
    Cool Kitchen Stuff
    Spooky Stuff
    Romantic Garden
    Kids Room Stuff
    Vintage Glamour Stuff
    Bowling Night
    Fitness
    Laundry Day
    My First Pet
    So yeah, l'm pretty much missing all these packs. But some of them (like Vintage Glamour, My First Pet, & Cool Kitchen), l probably wont buy because l don't care for them that much. But l do plan on at least getting Laundry Day, Spooky Stuff, and Bowling Night.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Other (please explain)
    Like others, I am also really behind on stuff packs and I am still on the fence and debating if I should get it eventually or not.

One one had, it doesn't look like much fun and just add chores, etc....but I do like some of the objects and it would help make the house look a little less empty. I don't know, maybe I will get it eventually. I am thinking of getting a stuff pack, just hadn't decided which one.