Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else collect these

2...Next

Comments

• invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I agree, they're adorable. Here's Leanne's full collection:

4DII7CR.png

Happy Simming! <3

EDIT: @VenessaVee You can find them at all the dig spots. For each different kind of dig spot you have a chance of getting one. For instance, if the dig spot looks like it has crystals, you'll get a crystal or a time capsule, if it looks like it has fossils, you'll get a fossil or a time capsule, etc. Even the dig spots that just look like a dirt pile you'll sometimes get a time capsule. :)

The rares are only available by using a treasure map to "dig for treasure." Probably can still get them on Sixam too if you have the Get To Work EP. The last four in my image are the rares; Tobor, Violet, Goth Boy and Zombie Carl.

I haven't noticed a difference between dig spots as far as crystals, fossils, metals, time capsules and upgrade parts - the plum rocks and dirt piles might contain any of them. The only thing that seems to make a difference is having one of the 'nature' aspirations, which makes it more likely that you'll get rare collectibles. (In my Sim's case, it's another rare MySims trophy. He's now just leaving the time capsules out in the desert.)

Oasis Springs seems to be very good for finding spawners, though it probably helps that there are fewer trees than Willow Creek. Newcrest wasn't quite as good. Granite Falls has very few spawners. I did not find any at all in the part of Magnolia Blossoms that I explored - frogs, yes, but no spawners for crystals or trophies. I haven't explored San Myoshuno, though I believe you also have boxes that spawn snow globes there?

I've no idea why they substituted 'plum' for the adjective version of 'spikes', but never mind. Anyway, I did a bit of research last night and kept track of what I was getting from the different spawners in my Sim's OS neighbourhood. Josh made a round every day for five days, and with 15-18 spawners in his area, he dug up a lot of stuff.

First, I agree that there is a difference in rocks that I'd never noticed before - the rocks with lots of big, white spikes are the only ones that yield crystals. Second, I got fossils, time capsules, upgrade parts and a minnow from the dirt piles, but no metals or maps. The 'regular' rocks will yield anything but crystals, upgrade parts and minnows. Finally, if you have a map, but choose to dig instead of dig for treasure from a rock, you might get a fossil. Time capsules and maps accounted for almost half of the digs. Fossils were second most common.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    CoteDAzur wrote: »
    Of course, love collections. I find this one to be one of the hardest though.. I get so many repeats. I try to pick a few different collections that suit the hobbies/interests of each sim I play in my save. Eventually I will tick them all off! :#

If you have City Living, you might find all the rare ones at the Flea Market. Same with crystals and metals.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg