Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin Summer Sale

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    KJB wrote: »
    Sale time
    Finvola wrote: »
    MFP is 25% off. I still don't want it. :D

I'll pay a whole dollar for it! That's it.

You'll have to pay me to install that thing. :D

That said, if you want to get it, I won't fault you for it because it's your right as a consumer. :)

(I'm still miffed by the idea in any case)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    @Strawburry3 I admit there's a bit of "shame" with this one SP, and only this SP lol. But for one, again, I hate that's the one thing I'm missing & I love those toddler onesies .. :/ Do you like it?

Yeah, no kidding, I feel it when I open my game and see it. But, honestly, it’s not god-forsakingly bad; though it’s not really useful imo. But I do use the new pet often because it helps the kids with their homework, and the tot clothes are cute. That’s about it tho :D More people probably get more use out of it than me, haha. I think you should get it for the onesies and completeing your collection. You’ll have to get it eventually anyway, right? Might as well while it’s on sale! :p

Hahahaha. Yes, I guess. I don't know, it's hard because I hate it so much, but there's also a part of me that wonders if they genuinely thought it was a good idea .. something like.

SP dev: "aw man, you know what would be cool? Make small pets"
    SP dev 2: "true, that's kinda missing from C&D. Maybe we could do it?"
    SP dev: "for sure! Why not? We'll make different small animals. So cool. But errr.. what stuff do we add?"
    SP dev: "you know those early drawings for C&D that didn't make into the pack? Some of that stuff looked nice."
    SP dev 2: "oh suuuuure, yes, we could totally add it to the spirit of C&D, like my first pet feeling, before they get a dog"
    SP dev: "oh brilliant, yes!"

Community: "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

- beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep -

SP dev: "yeah alright, maybe it wasn't a brilliant idea after all."

I mean, I'd rather believe EA told them to cut out stuff, simply cause it feels like their style, but who's to say it didn't happen this way around. I'm sure there's plenty of objects in the early concept art that eventually don't get chosen for the pack (kinda like with the SP vote), so they might as well have thought players would like having those :/ idk idk idk .

Uch, what hate I have for this pack. But I'll probably cave. And that's of course why it's the only SP on sale. I guess they know too that a lot of people don't want to pay full price for this fiasco. And then at least I'll have it all, even if I know I'll wallow in shame for a while.

Unravel 2 is great though. There's that.

That's actually what I think happened, especially since the community would have been complaining about lack of pet stuff around the same time they were planning MFP. I think if they were being shady, they would have realised they needed to leave more time between the two, so that people didn't cotton on. I also think that EA would already give them the smallest budget they could, while still creating a pack that people would buy. If EA thought they could cut things from the pack and it would still sell as well, they would have just lowered the budget. I'm still bitter about the pack and feel that would make it difficult to enjoy it but I don't think the things would otherwise have been in C&D.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited June 2018
    Since 25-30% is about the most a Stuff Pack gets discounted, I might as well get MFP.

EA really wants us to catch up on older Packs, perhaps because Seasons will affect so many of them. Or maybe Seasons will be so BAD that it would otherwise put us off buying any Sims game ever again. ;) Either way, that sale ends just the day before Seasons' release and I doubt that's a coincidence.

I wouldn't mind DLC for DLC so much if EA wasn't treating me like an idiot with sets of furniture blatantly split between packs. Maybe I am an idiot. But at least I'm not getting it full price.

Oh well. Time to redecorate the kid's bedroom.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I was able to get Jungle Adventure thanks to the sale (it was 25% off, so I got for around $14). The only things I don't have right now are a few stuff packs; but I am not as worried about them as they are cheaper, so I am just going to wait for Seasons.
  • Options
    aria2345aria2345 Posts: 33 Member
    I always say I'm going to wait until they're on sale to buy stuff packs. But I always cave waaay before then. hahahaha
    Check out my Legacy Blog! I'm not much of a writer- but I think I'm funny. Though- humor is subjective. :)
    viridivalues.weebly.com
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2018
    Loanet wrote: »
    Since 25-30% is about the most a Stuff Pack gets discounted, I might as well get MFP.

EA really wants us to catch up on older Packs, perhaps because Seasons will affect so many of them. Or maybe Seasons will be so BAD that it would otherwise put us off buying any Sims game ever again. ;) Either way, that sale ends just the day before Seasons' release and I doubt that's a coincidence.

I wouldn't mind DLC for DLC so much if EA wasn't treating me like an plum with sets of furniture blatantly split between packs. Maybe I am an plum. But at least I'm not getting it full price.

Oh well. Time to redecorate the kid's bedroom.

Yup. I ended up buying it too, given that it wont ever be more than 35% off, that it was the only pack I didn't have yet .. and because I'm weak xD But honestly, as a family player ... I actually really like the items. I like it more as a second kids & toddler stuff pack than a pets pack... Anyhoo, if there were still 10 packs I'd be missing I definitely would've gone with another one, but well it wasn't. Although truth be told, for all the flaws and bad marketing MFPS has, it beats Cool Kitchen, Luxury, and for me personally anyway, Romantic Garden by a mile. Because those I own too and I actually never use them at all :/ With MFPS though, I can make some awesome looking toddlers rooms.
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I'm holding off on MFP too. I don't have laundry yet either and my theory is they will be bundled with whatever the next GP is. I'll get it then. :) X
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    Sorry to resurrection a semi old thread, buuuut did I miss the sale? I know Origin's had a couple, but none of them have been stuff pack friendly for sims. I don't know if I'm fruitlessly waiting for something that might not happen until Black Friday or Cyber Monday. :D I just want my stuff packs.
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Nope, you ain't missed nothin'!

And it seems this time round they didn't put the newest EP (Seasons) on sale at 50% with the rest. And...if you look at the prices for the bundles that include the base game with C&D and Seasons, they are charging $10 more for the Seasons bundle. :/
    This may be because Seasons was so anticipated and they know they can milk this one a bit more.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Well. I guess it becomes a waiting game at this point. Seasons actually went 50% off at Target maybe two weeks after release. I was surprised, since, like you said, it's one of their most anticipated packs, but it did. The same happened with Cats and Dogs. Thanks for letting me know I didn't miss out! I'll continue impatiently waiting. :p
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..