Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Okay, I've Purchased Extra Gear, Why Can't I Go Exploring? Solved, But What an Adventure!

2...Next

Comments

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Pro tip: Buy a couple machetes. You get one when you first arrive but I suggest you buy a few more before you begin the journey.

After my sim went through the first obstacle, he got a pop up saying he lost his machete in the jungle and had to go through all the other obstacles with no machete and only his hands. Using your hands takes FOREVER!
    Unless my sim was incredibly lucky she never lost that and got to the temple where her husband got poisoned and so after that I just made him try every trap because he couldn't have gotten any worse then he was. :joy:

28423633_605531029790239_2783257309146377456_o.jpg?oh=14a8cbbbecd07279ea803fa02a96552a&oe=5B0F9A63

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Thank you so much! Once I was able to find the entrance to the trail (I clicked many a time before it gave its name again) I was able to take my poor, beleaguered family on the WORST vacation of their lives. LOL We're talking being unable to walk with the sloths, but being startled by a colony of bats. Later on, they cross a rather sketchy suspension bridge, only for Dad to get stung by bees, his second son get attacked by fire bugs and the Dad, attempting to get amorous with Mom discovers a spider! Of course, he tries to stand still, so as not to upset it. However, the spray he purchased he can't use. He can either place in the world or place in inventory. What the heck? After the third son extinguished the fire about to consume his next older brother, Dad did the only salient thing to do. He took them all back to the Field Station and from there, they went home. Oh, and another thing that didn't appear to work. The little daughter is inspired by a couple of excavations she made, and wanted to see if she really had anything. Unable to use the archaeological fold up table at the Field Station, she borrowed her Dad's recently purchased one. Neither of them could do anything more than to take the relics out of the inventory or put them back. Face/palm.

Sorry if it's inappropriate to say so, but this made me chuckle! Like a National Lampoon's Jungle Adventure.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    Thank you so much! Once I was able to find the entrance to the trail (I clicked many a time before it gave its name again) I was able to take my poor, beleaguered family on the WORST vacation of their lives. LOL We're talking being unable to walk with the sloths, but being startled by a colony of bats. Later on, they cross a rather sketchy suspension bridge, only for Dad to get stung by bees, his second son get attacked by fire bugs and the Dad, attempting to get amorous with Mom discovers a spider! Of course, he tries to stand still, so as not to upset it. However, the spray he purchased he can't use. He can either place in the world or place in inventory. What the heck? After the third son extinguished the fire about to consume his next older brother, Dad did the only salient thing to do. He took them all back to the Field Station and from there, they went home. Oh, and another thing that didn't appear to work. The little daughter is inspired by a couple of excavations she made, and wanted to see if she really had anything. Unable to use the archaeological fold up table at the Field Station, she borrowed her Dad's recently purchased one. Neither of them could do anything more than to take the relics out of the inventory or put them back. Face/palm.

Sorry if it's inappropriate to say so, but this made me chuckle! Like a National Lampoon's Jungle Adventure.

Not inappropriate at all. Glad I could supply a laugh or two. Despite it all, I did have fun. I'll have to try to play again on another day.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

Not inappropriate at all. Glad I could supply a laugh or two. Despite it all, I did have fun. I'll have to try to play again on another day.

The jungle brings back some of the whimsy that I felt the game has lacked, so, I like the weird things that happen in the jungle.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    Whimsy. I really like that word. Yeah, @Dannydanbo, I think you've hit the nail of the head with your assessment.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

The jungle brings back some of the whimsy that I felt the game has lacked, so, I like the weird things that happen in the jungle.
    Whimsy. I really like that word. Yeah, @Dannydanbo, I think you've hit the nail of the head with your assessment.

Totally agree with you both on this point!
  • 0xx_Simmer_xx00xx_Simmer_xx0 Posts: 196 Member
    Every exploration starts from the Trailhead lot. Send your sims there first, read the signs and begin hacking at the first gate. You will always start at the Trailhead even if you return the next day to continue your exploring.

Buy more than one of everything the vendors have for sale as they get used up. You can even loose your machete. It would be bad to use your spider spray at the start only to run into more spiders later on and you have no spray left.

I can't click on the Trailhead lot. I hover over it and nothing pops up, every other lot works.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Every exploration starts from the Trailhead lot. Send your sims there first, read the signs and begin hacking at the first gate. You will always start at the Trailhead even if you return the next day to continue your exploring.

Buy more than one of everything the vendors have for sale as they get used up. You can even loose your machete. It would be bad to use your spider spray at the start only to run into more spiders later on and you have no spray left.

I can't click on the Trailhead lot. I hover over it and nothing pops up, every other lot works.

Try going to a nearby house lot and start there. As long as you're across the river to start, that's all that matters.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    You also want each member of the group have one or more of each of those items in their inventory. They only spray themselves autonomously - not others.

Want to get a lot of content faster - buy everything on the table - wait a few minutes and talk to venders and another vender will fill up another table. Do this several times and before you know it you will have lots of content so every one in your group can have their container of all the different sprays, food, shower in a bottle, etc. Each of my Sims has about 6 or more of each item and as many as 5-6 machete's.

Also when you inquire of more content from a vender and they show you the camping gear and stuff - look carefully for a skill book for Archeology - I believe the name is something about paint brushes.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    edited March 2018
    I've been going to the cantina for several weeks and have never seen the vendors at the the tables. They hang out in the cantina but never go to the tables to sell. I'm not sure if this is programmed into the game to play out that way or could it be a mod? From reading your posts, it's apparent most of you have interacted with the vendors at their tables. Anyone know why i could be having this problem?

Just a little information on my character. She is max level in Archaeology and Selvadoradian Culture.
    Sunirose wrote: »
    I've been going to the cantina for several weeks and have never seen the vendors at the the tables. They hang out in the cantina but never go to the tables to sell. I'm not sure if this is programmed into the game to play out that way or could it be a mod? From reading your posts, it's apparent most of you have interacted with the vendors at their tables. Anyone know why i could be having this problem?

Just a little information on my character. She is max level in Archaeology and Selvadoradian Culture.

Might be something in your game. Are you actually going to the tables or just watching them? I notice if I go to the tables even if they are not there, a vender always shows up pretty quickly as long as it is daytime. I have never seen them late in the day.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited March 2018
    I'll try and go to the table and see what happens Writin_Reg. I'll let you know after i've gotten a chance to work on it.
    This issue seems to have been fixed and working as it should. I"m not sure how it happened other than i sent a different sim on a jungle vacation and there has been a steady stream of merchants ever since. Thanks for the help. :)
    Sunirose wrote: »
    This issue seems to have been fixed and working as it should. I"m not sure how it happened other than i sent a different sim on a jungle vacation and there has been a steady stream of merchants ever since. Thanks for the help. :)

Glad it worked for you and once you buy everything - they do seem to come out of the woodwork then and keep filling the tables. Enjoy your adventure.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Keito_HarajukuKeito_Harajuku Posts: 128 Member

That'll teach you to bring the family to the jungle! lol. In order to use the archaeology table, you have to level up your skill a bit. The sims will use the bug spray on their own when bug disaster strikes, but you have to have the right sprays. I actually love that sims don't automatically start out being skilled jungle explorers, and that the market items rotate availability so you can't just buy 50 of everything you need immediately. It's fun to see the interactions open up as you get better, and stops things from getting stale too quickly. Keep going, keep leveling up those skills, and soon your family will be seasoned pros. :)

So my issue is that the Exploration Supply Stands only sell junk like toddler's beds and pet supplies. I can buy 3 types of lanterns, but there are no machete options, no tents or showers... What's a girl to do?! I do not have the camping pack installed, and I'm running with CC on a MacBook Pro.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited June 2018

That'll teach you to bring the family to the jungle! lol. In order to use the archaeology table, you have to level up your skill a bit. The sims will use the bug spray on their own when bug disaster strikes, but you have to have the right sprays. I actually love that sims don't automatically start out being skilled jungle explorers, and that the market items rotate availability so you can't just buy 50 of everything you need immediately. It's fun to see the interactions open up as you get better, and stops things from getting stale too quickly. Keep going, keep leveling up those skills, and soon your family will be seasoned pros. :)

So my issue is that the Exploration Supply Stands only sell junk like toddler's beds and pet supplies. I can buy 3 types of lanterns, but there are no machete options, no tents or showers... What's a girl to do?! I do not have the camping pack installed, and I'm running with CC on a MacBook Pro.

Did you click on the items themselves on the table or on the vendor? Unless you have your Culture skill maxed, clicking on the vendor doesn't really offer anything for exploration (unless you inquire about the secret menu that comes up with maxed Culture).
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Keito_HarajukuKeito_Harajuku Posts: 128 Member

Did you click on the items themselves on the table or on the vendor? Unless you have your Culture skill maxed, clicking on the vendor doesn't really offer anything for exploration (unless you inquire about the secret menu that comes up with maxed Culture).

I did. So is it a random chance that the vendor will have a tent or machete?

• AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    In my experience, the vendor carries the tents every time I click on them, regardless of Culture skill.

The machete was only available on the table (and I had to click on it directly as long as a vendor was behind that particular table) until I maxed Culture skill, then it was available via the vendor when asking about the secret items.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    You probably need to have Outdoor Retreat installed to get tents, food coolers, and the like. A machete is part of the initial equipping when you rent a lodging. Additional ones do show up on the tables from time to time. If your Selvadorian Culture is maxed out they are among the secret items you are now eligible to get. As the others have said, buy up as many of the supplies as you can, one use each, and the flowers to ward off bees are pure gold. I've seen vendors at their tables as late as 11:30 at night, but the best action is during regular working hours. Click on the table items to buy them, the vendors for the big stuff and to start building up culture skill.