Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just Some Random Packs I Would Love to See

LyniaSCLyniaSC Posts: 1,021 Member
Alright so I'm sure there are plenty of posts out there like this, but I just wanted to share some of the random packs (or patches, whichever would make more sense) that I would love to see in the game. This list is in no particular order, but either way, here it is:

Moving Out
This one might be a bit weird, but I would really like a moving out pack. You've raised your kids, and now as young adults they are ready to take on the world on their own. This pack could include more in depth household splitting. Not only could you select which sims are moving, but also what household items they are taking and how many simoleons they are taking with them. Would you move out without bringing any of your personal items? Probably not, and your sims shouldn't have to either. This pack could also include homesickness, which could make your sims sad, but could be easily cured by a quick call home to your parents or even visiting your family home. On the flip side of things, the parents of the newly moved children could get an "Empty Nest" moodlet. There could also be a new "housewarming" party which could have new goal requirements such as giving a tour of your new home. And if there was a patch prior to this pack that added moving vehicles, there could also be a new moving van that your sims would have to fill with the items they are planning to take with them. I know that moving isn't necessarily something you do often in the game, but for those times that you do, I think this pack would definitely enhance the experience and make the game that much more immersive.

Elders Pack
The game focuses HEAVILY on young adults, but I know many of us really enjoy family play. That being said, I feel that there's a couple of family members that tend to fall to the wayside, and that's Grandma and Grandpa. Elders in this game are in serious need of some new clothing options. I don't know how the elders in your family dress (and to each their own) but there's only really two outfits in CAS that I could really see my gram wearing. I personally feel that this really needs to be remedied. I also think there could be a knitting interaction, where grandma could make a unique sweater or quilt not otherwise available in the game. (Also, with Seasons just a few days away, wouldn't some hand knit scarves and mittens be nice?) I also think social interactions such as "Tell war stories" and "Share Recipes" would be cool as well. Another interaction for children could be to ask an elder about their childhood. I also think it'd be really funny if a Grandma sim got a "This child is starving!" type moodlet whenever one of her grandchildren becomes mildly hungry, in which she may find it necessary to make a party sized platter of cookies. I also think it'd be funny if elders got tense around teens being mischievous or what not, and got a sort of "Back in my day..." type moodlet.

Get to School
I know this one has been said a lot, but I definitely think it's something the game is lacking. Through get to work we have the option to follow our sims to their jobs, so how about following our kids to school? Aside from typical school activities, this pack could add the teacher career, and add new events such as school concerts. Kids could also possibly try out and join different sports teams or join the band and other school clubs. I also think it would be really cool if you had the option to send your potty trained toddler to preschool. This pack could also add the ability to home school your kids. Similarly to how the new careers from city living have a "work from home" option, I don't think it would be too hard to implement a "school from home" type action.

Selective Packs
Okay so this is definitely a patch and not a pack, but I definitely feel like we need to be able to turn different packs on and off for different saves. My two big reasons for this:

1) Some games I want to be in a fantasy, others I want to be super realistic. I love aliens and vampires and what not, but I don't want to experience them in every game. Sometimes alien bar nights is just really bizarre, and I'm not always up for having a stranger text my sim to inform them that they have a lovely neck. Even if the features can be ignored in game, they are still there, and sometimes I wish that my sims could just lead an (almost) completely normal life.

2) While I don't always follow the rules of the legacy challenge, I do play legacy style from time to time. And I'm not going to lie, I'm not a huge fan of townies. I tend to heavily ignore them in the game. As a legacy player, you could see how this might be problematic. In a very early save of mine, this was fine. Every time a new pack was released, new premades came about and I had new people for my heirs to interact with. But now when I try to play a new legacy save, all the NPCs exist at the same time and thus I'm only left with townies to interact with. Which is kind of annoying to me personally. That being said, I'd also like a way to toggle townies on and off, or at least limit them to service type people only. But I digress.
~~~~~

But yeah, that's my list for now. I'm sure I'll add more as I think of them, but those were all the ideas that were at the top of my head at the moment.

Comments

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    LyniaSC wrote: »
    Moving Out
    This would fit in a Uni pack, both as high school graduates moving out to attend uni, and then later, moving from their uni life, to the rest of their life.

Elders Pack
    Certainly a fan of the concept!
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/895668/were-not-dead-yet-pack-for-elders/p1

Get to School
    Or Get Educated, and have the 3 main stages of education, as a child, as a teen and as a YA/A

Selective Packs
    Okay so this is definitely a patch and not a pack, but I definitely feel like we need to be able to turn different packs on and off for different saves.
    That could bet a bit frustrating. Imagine wanting the vampire stuff, but not the vampires. Turning the pack off means you loose all that cool stuff.
    It'd be better if they patched in a way to turn of vampires and aliens for certain saves, same for townies.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif