Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons looks like a dream come true for TS4

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I just watched to VOD. I like the way it looks, and I think this is the best EP so far for TS4.

HOWEVER.. A few tiny things I noticed: There is no rain drops effect on puddles if it rains. They seem to just be static puddles.
    Same counts for the Toddler Pool. If it rains, there is no rain drop effect on the water surface. I think that's a bit dull, since they did do it for the rivers and water in the neighborhood.

I hope at least pools do have the rain effect on it.

Another thing I noticed; no water dripping of the roofs. Also a bit disappointing.

But all in all, it looks okay.

I noticed that too. I do hope they fix that later on or something, there's also no effects when the rain hits the grass etc.
    That's a missed opportunity.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2018
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    One thing that's bothering me is the scouts for teens I hope they don't get the same badges as kids get. Like can't they be a scout counselor or a person who leads the little scouts because in the live stream it's seems like teen girl is just a scout nothing wrong with that it just I hope she dont get the same badges as a kid does if that's the case what's the point of being a scout as teen when you got the same badges as a kid? Have a teen be a leader a role model especially with the kids. That's just my thoughts but everything else is spot on great.

I understand your point somewhat but in the end, this is not a scouts GP or SP. It's a seasons pack. So the fact that they made a system for the scouts at all is already pretty amazing to me tbh. I'm sure it could be more detailed and that's something I'd agree with being issue if scouting was in fact a main focus of the pack, but it simply isn't. It's a nice addition & an additional reason for kids and teens to go out and interact with the outside world & ultimately with the different seasonal activities. But it's not itself a central theme of the pack.

To the OP: I agree with you! That stream was so full of excitement and content and nearly 3 hours in, we still haven't seen everything. It really made me feel the way I usually feel when watching GP livestreams. And that team hasn't really disappointed me yet, so I'm feeling very very positive about this pack. I have been scared of Seasons, in a way, because it is my favorite pack in any iteration. I made a deal with myself that if it's totally half-baked or, worse yet, they split up the seasons into different packs, I'd be done with buying anything at all for this game.

But not only are there all the seasons, there is so much cool new stuff to do. There are so many new objects to interact with (kiddie pool, SWINGS bee keeping - I mean come on, they pollinate the flowers - ice and roller skating, decorating the tree, building snowmen, umbrellas, ....), updated worlds, a new way of gardening, the ability to make flower arrangements, the scouts, the calendar with typical holidays and the many different ways to customize these and your own holidays by having soo many traditions to choose from, it's ridiculous. And there is of course the weather itself ... which alright, comes without deep snow, but I think the seasonal effects look absolutely stunning in-game. I am sooooo much looking forward to just having THIS (winter, something other than ... eternal sunshine):
    9Rjmjp7.png

Plus, we haven't seen San Myshuno yet but we know there will be a huge christmas tree in public lots in winter and new food stands. The city and other worlds will change for the seasons, and I LOVE that. We also haven't seen how pets will interact with the weather (but we know they will). There's just still so much left to discover and do and plenty to be excited & surprised about! I am beyond hyped for this. And even if it isn't perfect (which it never could be anyway), I will be having so much fun with this pack, I just can't wait to finally download it. Because THIS is exactly what I have been waiting for, and then some!
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I love how at night time you can actually see the world in winter because the snow has that light refraction going on as IRL.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    @Cynna I think there were more dishes to cook for the Grand Meal but Antonio didn't make them. It looked like you choose and prepare your entree first. I only watched the stream with one eye because I was in my office but that's what it looked like

And thats what was said. The guru said you can cook more dishes, he was just cooking that one
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2018
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    One thing that's bothering me is the scouts for teens I hope they don't get the same badges as kids get. Like can't they be a scout counselor or a person who leads the little scouts because in the live stream it's seems like teen girl is just a scout nothing wrong with that it just I hope she dont get the same badges as a kid does if that's the case what's the point of being a scout as teen when you got the same badges as a kid? Have a teen be a leader a role model especially with the kids. That's just my thoughts but everything else is spot on great.

I understand your point somewhat but in the end, this is not a scouts GP or SP. It's a seasons pack. So the fact that they made a system for the scouts at all is already pretty amazing to me tbh. I'm sure it could be more detailed and that's something I'd agree with being issue if scouting was in fact a main focus of the pack, but it simply isn't. It's a nice addition & an additional reason for kids and teens to go out and interact with the outside world & ultimately with the different seasonal activities. But it's not itself a central theme of the pack.

To the OP: I agree with you! That stream was so full of excitement and content and nearly 3 hours in, we still haven't seen everything. It really made me feel the way I usually feel when watching GP livestreams. And that team hasn't really disappointed me yet, so I'm feeling very very positive about this pack. I have been scared of Seasons, in a way, because it is my favorite pack in any iteration. I made a deal with myself that if it's totally half-baked or, worse yet, they split up the seasons into different packs, I'd be done with buying anything at all for this game.

But not only are there all the seasons, there is so much cool new stuff to do. There are so many new objects to interact with (kiddie pool, SWINGS bee keeping - I mean come on, they pollinate the flowers - ice and roller skating, decorating the tree, building snowmen, umbrellas, ....), updated worlds, a new way of gardening, the ability to make flower arrangements, the scouts, the calendar with typical holidays and the many different ways to customize these and your own holidays by having soo many traditions to choose from, it's ridiculous. And there is of course the weather itself ... which alright, comes without deep snow, but I think the seasonal effects look absolutely stunning in-game. I am sooooo much looking forward to just having THIS (winter, something other than ... eternal sunshine):
    9Rjmjp7.png

Plus, we haven't seen San Myshuno yet but we know there will be a huge christmas tree in public lots in winter and new food stands. The city and other worlds will change for the seasons, and I LOVE that. We also haven't seen how pets will interact with the weather (but we know they will). There's just still so much left to discover and do and plenty to be excited & surprised about! I am beyond hyped for this. And even if it isn't perfect (which it never could be anyway), I will be having so much fun with this pack, I just can't wait to finally download it. Because THIS is exactly what I have been waiting for, and then some!

https://www.scouting.org/programs/boy-scouts/mb-counselor-guide/

Counselors need to be adults. I know when my three sons were scouts all the Councelors were not only adults but had reached the top rank of Eagle Scout. I know my middle son became an Assistant Counselor after he Achieved his Life Scout badge and was working on his Eagle Scout badge when he was 17. But the best he could achieve was Troop leader first when he was 15, then Assistant Counselor at 16- 17 and he had been in the Scouts since he was 7. He was on par with the other Scouts in his troop. My husband was also an Assistant Scout Master for the troop. Scouting is serious business - believe me. (Scouts earn badges of merit up until age 18).

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2018
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Cats and Dogs is the Pets EP with the least gameplay and least amount of pets!! (which is absolutely unthinkable). And I honestly don't even feel like I can make my own pets in CAS since the body types and fur are pretty limited. But alas there are cat taco costumes *eyeroll*

Won’t argue with the rest of your post since it’s mainly subjective, but to say the CAP is limited is just objectively false. The sliders and paint options alone are more detailed than we’ve ever had. The amount of pre-set breed options we have is more than ever. So while you may not enjoy it, you can’t say the CAP is limited in any way compared to its predecessors.

Now back on topic, this pack truly is what I had wished and hoped for with seasons. The tree decorating and custom holidays are so unique and well done :heart:

I'm sorry if I crushed any realities you had but CAP has a lot of flaws. Neverhtless I didn't say the whole CAP was limiting I have no idea where people sometimes get these readings of words that just aren't there. There are more cat fur types and tail lengths that just aren't included in the pack. Pre-sets and painting won't save me there if the CAP assets don't exist, I'm not talking about the patterns in the fur I'm talking about the fur volume, which I wish there was a slide for it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

9Rjmjp7.png

I know it's not the central theme of the pack but my main point is I don't want teens to have the same badges or skills as the kids do if they are different then I'm find with it (sidenote: they can also add more badges or skills into the game in future packs or even in updates.) That's my only issue I just want a difference between them.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

9Rjmjp7.png

I know it's not the central theme of the pack but my main point is I don't want teens to have the same badges or skills as the kids do if they are different then I'm find with it (sidenote: they can also add more badges or skills into the game in future packs or even in updates.) That's my only issue I just want a difference between them.

They probably will since it's a career for both kids and teens. It's not going to be different.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

9Rjmjp7.png

They probably will since it's a career for both kids and teens. It's not going to be different.

*Sigh* Man I could live with it but I'll be grumbling about it silently.
  • Options

9Rjmjp7.png

*Sigh* Man I could live with it but I'll be grumbling about it silently.

After this comment *starting now*
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    edited June 2018
    Maybe they're the same so if they don't finish he badges as kids they still have a chance to finish as teens.
    image.png
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I wish we had some Thundersnow! It's rare, but it does occur -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdRWGMyeSYY

(Turn your volume down - Jim Cantore get quite excited about this!)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    I believe that this may be the best EP that TS4 has had, to date. However, I disagree that the effects were the best that we have seen.

I couldn't help looking at the "blizzard" that the gurus kept talking about and wondering where the blizzard was. All I saw was an ordinary snowfall.

Blizzards typically have white out conditions -- so much snow blowing around that one can barely see a few feet in front of one's face. Yet, during the live stream, the snow was drifting down so peacefully and the visibility was pretty good. That disappointed me.

The Calendar system is a legitimate game changer. Still, I was hoping for the seasonal effects to blow me away (pun intended). So far, they haven't. Snow flurries do not a blizzard make.

Also, after the trailer, when the Sim set down the turkey dinner, I expected the tables to spawn a big feast. There was nothing but a chicken dinner (so small for a turkey). No trimmings, not table full of dishes. How was that different from any other meal?

As I said, this is probably the best EP that TS4 has developed. I may get it, eventually, because some snow is better than none and I like the Calendar system. I'm also hoping that some day, a mod creator will be able to separate the days off function for children and adults. Since kids are allowed to stay home alone, I see no reason why they have to share the same school holidays as the adults.

In any case, for a pack called Seasons. The seasonal effects are no way as convincing as the packs that have come before and some of the activities are a let down. But it's the best that TS4 has to offer. :/

Maybe if you invite Sims outisde the family, they bring dishes? As the host you're responsible for the main dish, but guests might contribute random items? I wonder if you can choose the location for the holiday/event; I'm thinking about huilding a community center in Brindleton Bay where all my Sims can gather. especially the ones in smaller houses or apartments who might want to host friends.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options

9Rjmjp7.png

I think the fact that seasonal items will spawn in the open spaces in the neighborhoods is big -- those spaces won't feel so much like wasted space when there's a chance of a lemonade stand at one of the miniparks in Oasis Springs, or an ice skating rink and hot chocolate stand in that big open space in Newcrest. Maybe with this new feature, Sims will actually be attracted to those areas a bit more so we'll have kids playing on the monkey bars in Newcrest and the like.
  • Options
    Maybe they're the same so if they don't finish he badges as kids they still have a chance to finish as teens.

From my recollection of Scouting as a youngster, there were some badges you could earn in regular Girl Scouts, then more added as you advanced levels. For example, the Cooking badge was available in Girl Scouts (that's how I learned to cook!) but some badges you had to wait till you were older, then they added on the collection. There might be some badges that'll be greyed out for children (like if there's something to do with gardening since they can't garden) or they can start on some badges but can't finish them untill they're a teen (they can play on play equipment but they can't "work out" until they hit the teen years). One of my child Sims, Selena O'Dourke, will likely go into Scouting, probably Vela Cline my half-alien as well.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I wish we had some Thundersnow! It's rare, but it does occur -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdRWGMyeSYY

(Turn your volume down - Jim Cantore get quite excited about this!)

Thank you for posting this, I saw it ages ago and it's still great. :)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    I believe that this may be the best EP that TS4 has had, to date. However, I disagree that the effects were the best that we have seen.

I couldn't help looking at the "blizzard" that the gurus kept talking about and wondering where the blizzard was. All I saw was an ordinary snowfall.

Blizzards typically have white out conditions -- so much snow blowing around that one can barely see a few feet in front of one's face. Yet, during the live stream, the snow was drifting down so peacefully and the visibility was pretty good. That disappointed me.

I'm pretty sure this was a design decision to make the game playable. If they did a complete white out then people would be complaining the game was unplayable since they wouldn't be able to see anything.