Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unexpected thing you love in the game?

What is something that you did not expect to love in the game? Or what feature in a pack did you unexpectedly love now?

For me, it was the food stands in City Living. Being able to send my Sim right outside to get food saves me so much time and creates amazing social opportunities for me. I miss them when in other worlds.

Comments

• Options
    StrangerthanStrangerthan Posts: 345 Member
    The bear phase in parenthood. I know most people get annoyed by it but I find it completely adorable.
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    The bear phase in parenthood. I know most people get annoyed by it but I find it completely adorable.

I like this too, I would love it if you could change it to a different costume.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    When my toddlers wake up their parents or older siblings in the middle of the night :D it's so accurate and adorable. I definitely did to my poor father during most nights as a little kid
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I love it when my Sim, Demonte, autonomously browses the parenting forums. His clone does it too and got started on his parenting skill that way even though he doesn't have any kids. No other Sim of mine has done or does this. It's very cute, and they don't even have the family-oriented trait or a family aspiration. They just seem born with an interest in parenting.

The most peculiar part is, that my current version of Demonte is a remake of the original whom I lost. The original was the same, so I believe the "spirit" of the old Demonte is now inhabiting the new :wink:

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I love it when they do unexpected things. Yesterday I had a sim run all the way up a tower to get a level 2 violin book out of the bookcase to read. She had absolutely no violin skill.. There were all sorts of other (only skill) books there. Why violin? She couldn't even learn from it yet. There were other fun things on the lot. Why the heck that one? I don't know it just made me laugh. Even if it's a built in mistake it made me laugh. It also made me decide that she should learn to play the violin.
    I have a lot of moments like this, they basically happen every day I play.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    ScripticJusticeScripticJustice Posts: 405 Member
    I didn't expect to love the interactions in Parenthood as much as I do. All of the little details in the pack have made playing with families for me much more immersive and this is the first time in a long time I've enjoyed playing through all the life stages. When my sims think about their family members, or ask their parents or older siblings for advice, I'm not sure if tucking children in came with the pack or not but one of my sims did that autonomously too. I love when playing with my sims actually feels like they're really a family and all those details have added depth to my game that I wasn't expecting.
    tumblr_m4jumxorJY1qktlzuo1_500.gif
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    In my current save, whenever something weird happens (like all sims staring at the TV or sims jumping in the trash), I say it has to do with secret agents. I eventually made up an entire story based around the clever excuse, where my sim's NPC girlfriend is an agent, and so are some other NPCs, and the villain they are trying to stop is Eliza Pancakes. The game really surprised me yesterday, when the girlfriend (previously unemployed) suddenly had a career... as a secret agent!
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    I like cool kitchen stuff way more than I first thought I would! The CAS items are fantastic and the ice cream maker is awesome! You can even add toppings and garnishes to the ice cream.
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited June 2018
    I love the food stands too. It is so convenient to grab something quick. Full service restaurants can be a pain in the butt. Usually the food stands do offer quality food.

I love the common areas around lots. There is always something unexpected in those areas and these areas can be quite large.
    I love the ability to select the height of an object on the wall. Wall-mounted TVs are very convenient.
    Some of the game soundtrack is incredible! It makes me want to build more houses or create more sims. Maybe it is giving myself the inspired emotion.
    I like cool kitchen stuff way more than I first thought I would! The CAS items are fantastic and the ice cream maker is awesome! You can even add toppings and garnishes to the ice cream.

I'll have to get that SP soon.

• Options
    emmapattyemmapatty Posts: 19 Member
    I really love when my sims go out to karaoke bars in City Living. The sound of sims singing so horribly makes me cringe but I find it funny especially since they're so oblivious to it, often like in real life.
  • Options
    PineapplePhonePineapplePhone Posts: 21 Member
    Clumsy trait. I love it so much, it makes me smile when they trip and look around to see if anyone saw. Then there are the toddlers. I love the way they're animated! Toddler dancing is so cute.
    I didn't expect to like the cupcake machine, but I actually do. The different flavors certainly make it more interesting to run a bakery, and they all look different, too.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

The icecream maker is a good way to keep sims slim.
  • Options
    GwaeriGwaeri Posts: 350 Member
    One of my favourite screenshots was made even better by the bear phase! I was surprised at how much I liked it haha. The look on the father's face says it all.

CoLGu95.png
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member

Oooh, I wonder if icecream will keep sims cool in the summer!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

I'll have to get that SP soon.

It's great combined with Dine Out!

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I'm probably just weird but the cutest thing, after the potty dance is when I put a beverage in front of a sim on the left side of the plate they always snatch it up and place it on the "right side." For some reason its like, No, no, over here. :D

Of course, most everything a toddler does is way adorable.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Sims getting sending you frustrated texts when you set them up with someone who is taken :D
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    idkemilyidkemily Posts: 49 Member
    > @takenbysheep said:
    > When my toddlers wake up their parents or older siblings in the middle of the night :D it's so accurate and adorable. I definitely did to my poor father during most nights as a little kid

oh god that's the worst and i hate it so much
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I love when a parent tells off their teenager for using forbidden words and the teenager gets stroppy and my sims shushing another because they are talking during or about the film being watched.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I like the Parenthood pack a lot more than I thought I would. The animations are just great I have a parent that routinely goes off on his own to reprimand his teen for breaking curfew (again). The teen's reaction is priceless when he gets reprimanded, grounded, or put in time out.

The journals are great. All of my Sims have one now. I like that school projects enhance skilling as well as give the Sims time to chat while they work together.

The moods swings and childhood phases drive me nuts sometimes - I'm like again? But as the parent gets better at parenting, the phases and mood swings seem to go away faster.

I am guilty of having an angry teen make something to eat after they get home from school just to watch them slam the refrigerator door and listen to them mimic whoever or whatever they're angry with. The loud music though ... that's another story.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    The fact that a parent or both shows up (from either side) wherever my teen couple go 'out' on a date. It's perfect considering this is my 18th century (sans the cc) game save that it happens in. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    edited June 2018
    Endora suddenly walking around in a bear costume took me completely by surprise. I had no idea such a thing existed.
    It was strange at first, but after a day or two...
    Now I have another Sim child, and I keep wishing he would get the bear trait.

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    KolikokolitkaKolikokolitka Posts: 178 Member
    I love Vlad. Everytime I check on him he has another husband. He always marry some guy then that guy dies and Vlad marry someone else. :smiley:
    EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
    My build previews on this site HERE.