Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many times more visiting are needed to unlock all the gates?

Hi, Now I'm trying to prepare the 4th vacation. I'm getting tired of seeing locked gates every time I go. Finally, my sims got 10 levels at each Archaeology and culture skill.

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    It’s a mind game the developers introduced. The question marks never go away. You can visit 50 times and you will still see them.

It’s supposed to increase replay value but I and many others just find it irritating.

Different gates will open each time you go. They will never all be open at the same time.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    OH yes I fully understand what you mean. I had opened some gates, 2 of them were unable to open in next visit. Thank you very much.:)
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    There'll always be locked gates. You unlock one and another one closes, lol. It's just random for every trip.
    Francl27 wrote: »
    There'll always be locked gates. You unlock one and another one closes, lol. It's just random for every trip.
    Thank you so much.:)

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    yup, specifically, there are always two locked gates. just a matter of which two will be locked. and there are only four options for gates that will be locked. the one leading to the crashed plane (right next to the first gate you use, with the nearby avacado tree), the one leading to the royal garden (behind the royal baths), the one to the 'hidden pool' (between royal baths and temple entrances), and the one to the island (at end of long trail to the right of the temple entrance)

each of these has a treasure chest, along with a few other things specific to the individual area (like royal garden has all the jungle adventure plants growing in it, including two different emotion trees) and the 'hidden pool' and island are the only two places where you can catch all three of the jungle adventure fish
    @kalaksed

Wow! Thanks for the great tip! :) Yes I felt the same way. I see the gate for the royal garden was always locked. I was able to open it since 5 times visit. :D I want to catch all the jungle fish there. Thanks for the good place! :D
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Was able to visit the crash site on my sim's first visit. Such a sad scene, but the hunting was good. There is a grand view of a large chunk of ancient city at the far left of the pool lot. Pity the walkable area didn't reach closer to the edge so sims can get a good look at it. Really amazing artwork for so much of the jungle area.