Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MacBook...Afraid to play because of battery life

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    kiarrraaxokiarrraaxo Posts: 14 New Member
    Hi I dont know if anyone can help me but I have a macbook pro recently new bought in January 2018 its the 2013 version i believe. Everytime i play sims 4 my battery life dies quick and when i plug it in it has a hard time charging is this normal?
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    kiarrraaxo wrote: »
    Hi I dont know if anyone can help me but I have a macbook pro recently new bought in January 2018 its the 2013 version i believe. Everytime i play sims 4 my battery life dies quick and when i plug it in it has a hard time charging is this normal?

Which exact Mac do you have? Click the Apple in the menu bar then About This Mac and post all the details shown, minus the serial number.

The game uses a lot of power so yes, it will drain the battery quickly and will take longer to charge whilst you're playing.

You must make sure that you're using the correct charger for the MBP. For example, you can use a 85w/89w 15" MBP charger to charge all other Mac notebooks but cannot use a lower powered charger, say a 45w MacBook Air or 60w/61w 13" MacBook Pro one, to charge the 15" MBP.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    kiarrraaxokiarrraaxo Posts: 14 New Member
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > kiarrraaxo wrote: »
    >
    > Hi I dont know if anyone can help me but I have a macbook pro recently new bought in January 2018 its the 2013 version i believe. Everytime i play sims 4 my battery life dies quick and when i plug it in it has a hard time charging is this normal?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Which exact Mac do you have? Click the Apple in the menu bar then About This Mac and post all the details shown, minus the serial number.
    >
    > The game uses a lot of power so yes, it will drain the battery quickly and will take longer to charge whilst you're playing.
    >
    > You must make sure that you're using the correct charger for the MBP. For example, you can use a 85w/89w 15" MBP charger to charge all other Mac notebooks but cannot use a lower powered charger, say a 45w MacBook Air or 60w/61w 13" MacBook Pro one, to charge the 15" MBP.

sorry just got this now but I have a Mac book pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) memory is 6 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 my battery seems to be a little better just worried cuz usually it has a hard time charging while in gameplay :(
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Your Laptop (no matter the OS and the same with your phone) is always going to charge slower due to it working and charging at the same time. The power is always going to have to be split.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.