Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleted

Comments

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I love, love, LOVE the Harvest Moon and Story of Seasons (and Rune Factory 4) games, so of course, I would love a farming pack! :smiley:

The main two things that I would want in a farming pack are raising animals, and growing/selling crops. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    samlyt22 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Growing crops is essential to farming, but we already have gardening and it's even getting an overhaul this month, so it makes sense that would rather vote for something new. I'm not entirely sure what living off the grid would entail exactly? It sounds like something we can already kind of pretend, correct me if I'm mistaken. The animals are more obvious, and we know people love animals, looking at the success of Cats & Dogs. I really want horses, but livestock does fit the farming theme a little better. I used to play horse games on the computer when I was little and the idea still makes me feel excited. I want all the options but mostly horses and livestock because those would add the most novelty to the game. But I'd hope the livestock would have enough gameplay features, because they'll essentially be objects, like the rodents. Horses would probably need their own gamepack, so we can care for them, dress them (blankets, sadle, headstall), ride them, have different breeds and colors, have objects they can interact with, ...

We could always use the plants we already have to put in rows. We could have vineyards, apple orchards, rows of onions and everything else in the seed packets plus growing flowers to sell in a market. I think I have seen some examples of Simmers' farms somewhere using existing stuff.

Problem with farming is that not being able to sell things on your lot is a bummer - no farm store with bread, fruit and veggies, pies etc.
    I'm really disappointed that off the grid ended up in third position. Why do people want horses so badly on a farming EP?
    I hope this doesn't discourage the developers and they still bring some off the grid gameplay in the future.

I still don't know what people expect from an 'off the grid' EP.

You could try Googling "off the grid"

Apart from the fact that all Sims come with cellphones, it's super easy for Sims to live off the grid right now, honestly... it's not like they HAVE to work, they can just live off their crops or whatnot, and you can just buy ingredients directly from the fridge anyway (or the grill, if you don't want them to have electricity either).. that's why I'm confused about the whole thing... What ELSE do people want? Sure, a new world with less lots/less people walking, but what else? (I did make a thread about that yesterday and I still really don't know).

Back when they were doing the community stuff pack, they shared a picture of the developers brainstorm for potential features. Most of it fit the off the grid category and you can see the pic in this article https://simsvip.com/2017/06/23/community-blog-help-maxis-pick-gameplay-features-eco-living/ Maybe that explains it better? It is possible for our sims to kind of live off the grid in a limited capacity (although not being able to generate their own electricity and collect their own water means they can't really) but that doesn't mean there isn't still a ton of potential gameplay to really round out the experience.

Actually, yeah. But a lot of that is pretty much farming too.

I don't really see the appeal of solar panels though.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited June 2018
    https://twitter.com/SimGuruGrant

Poll on what you might want in a Farming Pack.

Update: Animals 52% Probably too late to change it!

Was only two day's length.
    Update

28,735 votes

Final results

51% Raising livestock
    22% Horses
    21% Living off the Grid
    6% Growing crops

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I missed it and I've been requesting farming since early S3. The animals is the important thing for me, because we don't have them, so I'm glad they won. If you make an EP, please don't bloat it with CAS/build buy if it is going to cost animals, plants, and equipment. We can get CAS/build buy anytime, but this is probably the only time we will get farm equipment and animals for the farm. Farming isn't about clothes and house stuff, but the barn, the animals, the crops and the equipment. Horses aren't really needed for farming unless you plan to give us an old fashion plow. Otherwise, they don't have any supplies to collect and wouldn't be needed to farm. Horses, Pegasus, Unicorns, dragons, & other mythical creatures(castles, clothes, ect.) would be and awesome EP <3

1. Farm equipment- old look and new tractors with stuff to pull(wagons to stack hay, implements), old time plows. sprinklers

2. animals that don't count toward the house(hate that cats&dogs do; no large families with many pets :s:'( : (cows, pigs, chickens,
    goats, sheep, ducks, geese)--probably dreaming for asking so much, but the vampire GP and Seasons seems packed, soooooo

3. Build/buy FENCES-BARBED WIRE, ELECTRIC, STICK, AND NICE PLANK TO COLOR WHITE(would love this), Barns-premade/pieces,
    wire door, fly swat, ANTIQUES- Lg. milk jug ect. Potbelly stove/fireplace, cheap plank siding, and fans(even if they do nothing but
    rotate)-floor/ceiling.

5. a farmer's market to sell livestock and products and buy like the flee market tables in CL.(it would be nice if animals were there to sale
    and the price shows as you hover over each animal for sale; this could be done like the items in the stores we are able to buy. Perhaps there
    could be a special stall to hold the animals that causes the sale on them)

5. crops(we at least need the main ones added)-hay, corn, peas, beans- cornbread & beans-farm recipes

6. Farmer career- animals/products, gardener career- garden only

7. Off the grid would be neat with this, but not at the expense of 1-4

8. Limited CAS/ One or so hair, daisies in the hair would be cute, an outfit or two(we can get clothes anytime)bloating takes away from
    farming
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    i voted Animals but sometimes i wonder if Farming falls under EP or GP.

The animal animations have to have EP.
    Klthf wrote: »
    I would have voted raising farm animals if I had Twitter. It would be nice if they did these polls on the forum too. Growing crops is something we are already able to do and by the looks of it Seasons is going to expand on that. It would be nice if they gave us things to make from these crops, like a canning station or a smoothie maker, but that is probably not focused enough on farming itself.

Forgot canning. I don't twitter either and would've loved it if they had a way to vote here & given at least a weeks notice so everyone had a chance to vote.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    If I buy farming, it's only for the livestock. I want pigs, llamas, and, goats in TS4. I don't care about crops tbh
  • Options
    LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    I'd like to see animal raising and living off the grid combined into one or get both eventually. I would really like to see living off the grid.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    We have enough plants already. I'd only want the animals.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I can never have too many crops. Would love to see corn, wheat, peppers, cabbage, sweet potatoes along with corresponding recipes.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I want a farm pack for raising animals and for crops. I'd love a tractor. I'd love to be able to produce items from the animal products. Hopefully and especially canning. I'd love to be able to make cheese, butter, mayo maybe?, and most especially to can or make jams/jellies/pickles out of our fruits and veggies. I want a juicer and possibly be able to make "nectar". I'd also love a farmer's market or some new way to sell them also rather than click it from your inventory.
    I'm also with some here in that it's not that I don't want horses... but I just don't feel they belong in a farming pack. They aren't used on a farm anymore to work. They can be a part of that life this is true but it's not what makes a farm a farm. If they are put in a farm pack that is less resources to make that pack great. Horses could have their own pack. If they put them in this one I doubt it will be geared toward equestrian pass-times so horses would get the short end of the stick. That's my belief anyway. If I get horses I want a variety of looks from fantasy to normal for various stories.. including supernatural. I'd like a riding trail and perhaps the ability to run them through an obstacle course. I want a variety of clothes for my sim from western to english show. I just can't see them putting all this in if they put horses in part of a farm pack.
    As for off grid. I don't really see it as integral to farming.. I see it as another way of life. Mostly as a choice for a variety of reasons including but not limited too.. getting away from other people, to survivalism, to conservation in general. I'd love for some aspects of that to either be rolled into various packs or for it to even get it's own separate pack.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited June 2018
    I like the farm pack idea. I am a huge animal nut, so I am all for bringing in more beasts. Besides that, the Sims has never had that in any depth. Just some small teasers of farm life from the Sims 3 store that seemed to be taken for the most part as posiive. I think a lot of good things could happen. Larger lots is always a plus. I think GP's could add to this, by adding stables, etc. However, I do hope they are independent of the farming theme, so that all could fully play if they choose to do so.
  • Options
    timndrewsmomtimndrewsmom Posts: 50 Member
    edited June 2018
    A farmers market stand where you can sell crops eggs and milk and canned and baked goods would be great as well as all the others listed with raising animals and crops.
    Maybe a later add on could add a fair to go to where you win for animals and crops like most places have.
    I would love to do a Amish or Mennonite family
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I want a farm pack for raising animals and for crops. I'd love a tractor. I'd love to be able to produce items from the animal products. Hopefully and especially canning. I'd love to be able to make cheese, butter, mayo maybe?, and most especially to can or make jams/jellies/pickles out of our fruits and veggies. I want a juicer and possibly be able to make "nectar". I'd also love a farmer's market or some new way to sell them also rather than click it from your inventory.
    I'm also with some here in that it's not that I don't want horses... but I just don't feel they belong in a farming pack. They aren't used on a farm anymore to work. They can be a part of that life this is true but it's not what makes a farm a farm. If they are put in a farm pack that is less resources to make that pack great. Horses could have their own pack. If they put them in this one I doubt it will be geared toward equestrian pass-times so horses would get the short end of the stick. That's my belief anyway. If I get horses I want a variety of looks from fantasy to normal for various stories.. including supernatural. I'd like a riding trail and perhaps the ability to run them through an obstacle course. I want a variety of clothes for my sim from western to english show. I just can't see them putting all this in if they put horses in part of a farm pack.
    As for off grid. I don't really see it as integral to farming.. I see it as another way of life. Mostly as a choice for a variety of reasons including but not limited too.. getting away from other people, to survivalism, to conservation in general. I'd love for some aspects of that to either be rolled into various packs or for it to even get it's own separate pack.

I agree. I would like to raise animals that produce a product that can be turned into a product that can be used or sold for profit. For example: sheep gives you wool, wool gives you thread, thread gives you knitting, weaving, sewing, all of which give you clothes, blankets, stuffed animals, all of which can be used or sold at the market.
  • Options
    erni642erni642 Posts: 18 Member
    tobumon wrote: »
    Although I love animals (and juicy steaks), I've always liked growing crops more in farming games. It's sad that option is the least popular in the poll. I too would like to preserve and can food though.

i think they're going to involve lots of crops in the game, but maybe focus their attention more on animals. OMG CANNING!! I had that in the sims 3, loved it!
    tumblr_n6k14jarrC1s9lptno1_r1_500.gif
    take me to paris
  • Options
    ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    samlyt22 wrote: »
    Growing crops is essential to farming, but we already have gardening and it's even getting an overhaul this month, so it makes sense that would rather vote for something new. I'm not entirely sure what living off the grid would entail exactly? It sounds like something we can already kind of pretend, correct me if I'm mistaken. The animals are more obvious, and we know people love animals, looking at the success of Cats & Dogs. I really want horses, but livestock does fit the farming theme a little better. I used to play horse games on the computer when I was little and the idea still makes me feel excited. I want all the options but mostly horses and livestock because those would add the most novelty to the game. But I'd hope the livestock would have enough gameplay features, because they'll essentially be objects, like the rodents. Horses would probably need their own gamepack, so we can care for them, dress them (blankets, sadle, headstall), ride them, have different breeds and colors, have objects they can interact with, ...

We could always use the plants we already have to put in rows. We could have vineyards, apple orchards, rows of onions and everything else in the seed packets plus growing flowers to sell in a market. I think I have seen some examples of Simmers' farms somewhere using existing stuff.

Problem with farming is that not being able to sell things on your lot is a bummer - no farm store with bread, fruit and veggies, pies etc.
    I'm really disappointed that off the grid ended up in third position. Why do people want horses so badly on a farming EP?
    I hope this doesn't discourage the developers and they still bring some off the grid gameplay in the future.

I still don't know what people expect from an 'off the grid' EP.

You could try Googling "off the grid"

Apart from the fact that all Sims come with cellphones, it's super easy for Sims to live off the grid right now, honestly... it's not like they HAVE to work, they can just live off their crops or whatnot, and you can just buy ingredients directly from the fridge anyway (or the grill, if you don't want them to have electricity either).. that's why I'm confused about the whole thing... What ELSE do people want? Sure, a new world with less lots/less people walking, but what else? (I did make a thread about that yesterday and I still really don't know).

Back when they were doing the community stuff pack, they shared a picture of the developers brainstorm for potential features. Most of it fit the off the grid category and you can see the pic in this article https://simsvip.com/2017/06/23/community-blog-help-maxis-pick-gameplay-features-eco-living/ Maybe that explains it better? It is possible for our sims to kind of live off the grid in a limited capacity (although not being able to generate their own electricity and collect their own water means they can't really) but that doesn't mean there isn't still a ton of potential gameplay to really round out the experience.

This is the picture you're referring to:

DBq9X2nUwAA2eKI.jpg

I would love to have all of this lol I think there was potential for gameplay as well as bringing new items to a sim's lifestyle, like repurposed tubs, solar panels that help with bill reduction, recycling/composting, shipping container homes, green roofs, etc. There were new traits, careers, and aspirations mentioned, like pottery, sewing, canning, eco-friendly, eco-hater, nudist, freegan. Like I mentioned in my previous comment on this thread, 'off-the-grid' is not post-apocalyptic (although it could be), but it's about sustainability. So, hopefully if they make the farming pack, they can look into incorporating some of the off-the-grid ideas into the farming pack since some of the ideas can still go hand-in-hand with farming.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I voted for horses, but I was okay with livestock animals, too. I can't wait to see what they're going to do with it. Probably a GP.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2018
    Sewing machines, Looms and spinning wheels for a home career from sheep, llamas' wool, eventually making your own clothes and selling them, (or becoming a stall holder at market selling them or becoming wool merchant). Those spinning wheels would come in useful if we got witches and spells later!

We definitely would need barns, sheds are a start!

Afterthought: Ladders!
    Post edited by Simburian on
  • Options
    NiLLANiLLA Posts: 514 Member
    I want them to combine farming and horses should be part of that. It'd be cool to have a "ranch" style pack. You could sell milk, eggs, cheese, flour, etc as a source of income. They could have a town that was "western"ish where everyone rides around on horses to get around.
    Been playing The Sims since 2001. Mother to a beautiful girl.
    scdwkk.png
  • Options
    LonnykinsLonnykins Posts: 508 Member
    mind is mulling a Farm Reaper so they can harvest the animals for cooking recipes like with fish.. chicken, pork, beef.. um.. sheep . providing such a thing were to happen. Plus it would give vegie sims something to get riled over.. have some activist activities... lol just rollin out of my head.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Even though horses came in 2nd place, I'm hoping they would incorporate them--even if in a gamepack.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    I think Seasons is going to make it possible to farm quite a few plants and flowers. One vlogger mentioned lemons?
    I sat through the whole of the stream on Friday and got several ideas from that but we shall see.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I can never have too many crops. Would love to see corn, wheat, peppers, cabbage, sweet potatoes along with corresponding recipes.

Yes to this. This is how I would want crops to be but I do want crops to be a more minor feature since most of what is needed for them is already in the game. I'd want farm animals and ideally horses in order to add newer features to the game.

I agree about wanting to see some new recipes with the new crops as a minor perk.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I can already see myself making a hydroponics farming lot with those glass roofs for long greenhouses and beehives inside fertilise them, sprinklers to water them and gardeners to look after them. Could make a fortune if it works!
  • Options
    WillKDavidWillKDavid Posts: 136 Member
    A farming pack needs to have square dancing. A country/blue grass music radio station. A banjo. Love to see a country bar for Sims to have a beer, dance, and with a mechanical bull. Raise rabbits. Wild critters like skunks, and opossums.
  • Options
    kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    A farming expansion is my number 1 want in all of sims. I own all of the farm items from the sims 3 store, and still regularly play sims 3 with them.

Wish list:
    1) Farm animals: chickens, cows, pigs, llamas.
    you could "trade the pig for bacon" and it would be easy enough.
    Although I would expect the animals to be objects, it would be great to buy the pen, and then get to house x amount of animals. Llamas I would want to use for wool, especially since they are so popular in the sims

2) Hobbies: knitting (from llama wool), canning, composting

3) Crops: I dont feel the need for a ton, but as I live in Indiana, we have cornstalks EVERYWHERE and I really want that in my game.

4) New Rural World: I would love a world based on the midwest, and a "country living" aspiration since we have the city living option under Location

5) Farmers Market: This could pop up 1 time a week like the city living festivals do, and you could bring your own harvestables to sell!

Farming could be such a GREAT expansion, and since we have gotten 2 of the more classic EPs in a row, I really hope for something a bit different.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'd rather just click on the barn or shed the animal lives in a pick "Collect meat" with no slaughter interactions. Also click to collect byproducts like wool or feathers or what ever else animals could provide, depending on which animals they give us.
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    A farming expansion is my number 1 want in all of sims. I own all of the farm items from the sims 3 store, and still regularly play sims 3 with them.

Wish list:
    1) Farm animals: chickens, cows, pigs, llamas.
    you could "trade the pig for bacon" and it would be easy enough.
    Although I would expect the animals to be objects, it would be great to buy the pen, and then get to house x amount of animals. Llamas I would want to use for wool, especially since they are so popular in the sims

2) Hobbies: knitting (from llama wool), canning, composting

3) Crops: I dont feel the need for a ton, but as I live in Indiana, we have cornstalks EVERYWHERE and I really want that in my game.

4) New Rural World: I would love a world based on the midwest, and a "country living" aspiration since we have the city living option under Location

5) Farmers Market: This could pop up 1 time a week like the city living festivals do, and you could bring your own harvestables to sell!

Farming could be such a GREAT expansion, and since we have gotten 2 of the more classic EPs in a row, I really hope for something a bit different.

Ditto here. Plus nectar and cheese making. Would just love this.