The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: The Sims 4 Seasons stream

Comments

• NelusNelus Posts: 151 Member
    i do like that there is also an outfit for hot weather, making the everyday wear the outfit for medium conditions. it seems that sims will not change their outfit when going indoors so it will have a delay until they change back into everyday like when they start to feel cold, also if you dont use the thermostat it can be hot indoors aswell.
    But still a rain outfit is missing for bad weather when its not freezing cold. I hope they add an outfit save slot for this as well some day.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    So far I really like CAS specially the new hairstyles. It's a bit weird though that there's only one new swimsuit for women and it makes me think that they'll make a swimming pool SP soon since they also didn't add anything to do in or around the pool it seems.
    Back to CAS they said a couple of times that both hot and cold weather options will be available for everyone but I don't get what for. If.you don't have seasons, why would you want that? Maybe I didn't understand it properly.

Swimming pool SP is coming sooner or later, that's for sure. I feel that's why they make toddlers' swimsuit category available for everyone, so we can use new stuff from SP without problems. I don't really mind such solution at the moment, there's a lot of content in Seasons anyway, but we'll see how it will be handled.
    I also find it a bit weird that they're adding hot and cold outfits for everyone. If you don't have Seasons, it basically adds only the possibility to save more regular outfits. It probably could be useful for some people, but still.
    Why are they so stingy with bringing new traits (REAL one, not reward traits) and aspirations? In my opinion, every EP should come with at least two new traits and an aspiration.

I said it somewhere else already, but I'm glad they decided on reward traits and didn't make them in CAS. Traits like weather preference etc. could be useful, but I don't need them to take the basic slots. Some new traits would be nice, for sure, but then again, I don't really see the meaningful ones related to Seasons. I'd like to see new aspiration, though. I know we have the one about gardening, but there could be also one more focused on the new career.

yeah, I was happy as hell that the new seasons related trait were reward traits instead of cas traits. Because we already have few enough slots for traits for our sims as it is. (in fact I wish they'd done the same with the loves cats/loves dogs trait in pets)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    @Simburian Yes, there is a mod at MTS that is called the UIExtension cheat that I have been using since it was released. It allows you to do everything, and more, the gurus were doing in the Live Stream. It allows players to alter many different things so the game is less stressful. I couldn't, or wouldn't, enjoy the game without it. And it is updated very quickly after patches and adding packs. It is also very easy to use.

Thanks for that. Seasons might be the last pack I buy and I might try mods like that.
    (that's what I thought after C&D though). :/
    @MissNightOwl It doesn't matter if the outfit you choose for hot or cold weather doesn't look wintry or summery. Whatever you choose for them to wear will protect them from extreme hot or cold. That was done this way so whatever CC clothing we now have will work for every season. Simply choosing an outfit for either category will make that outfit work no matter what season is happening in the game. :)

Thank you for your respond @Paigeisin5, but it still doesn't make much sense to me. I mean, let's say it's summer and there's heatwave. My Sim will wear his everyday outfit in the house and change in the warm outfit when going outside, right? It seems pointless, I just don't really see the use for that category. Maybe because I compare it to real life, where usually in summer I simply wear the same clothes during summer both inside and outside. I don't know, maybe it will be better when I actually play the game.

Wouldn't you just choose the same outfit for Summertime outside and inside to get over that problem?
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    It looks good. I'm a bit confused about clothes too (Winter clothes when it rains?) and my notion of 'heavy snow' isn't the same as the devs, apparently, lol.
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    @MissNightOwl It doesn't matter if the outfit you choose for hot or cold weather doesn't look wintry or summery. Whatever you choose for them to wear will protect them from extreme hot or cold. That was done this way so whatever CC clothing we now have will work for every season. Simply choosing an outfit for either category will make that outfit work no matter what season is happening in the game. :)

Thank you for your respond @Paigeisin5, but it still doesn't make much sense to me. I mean, let's say it's summer and there's heatwave. My Sim will wear his everyday outfit in the house and change in the warm outfit when going outside, right? It seems pointless, I just don't really see the use for that category. Maybe because I compare it to real life, where usually in summer I simply wear the same clothes during summer both inside and outside. I don't know, maybe it will be better when I actually play the game.

Wouldn't you just choose the same outfit for Summertime outside and inside to get over that problem?

Sure, there's (almost) always some kind of workaround, but my point is, it kinda makes additional category useless. I'd much better like if they dedicated it to rainy weather. Well, maybe it'll make more sense after playing.
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    edited June 2018
    Maybe they can patch in a rain category for clothes later on? I would really like that, since we got a lot of nice rain clothes but who wears rain clothes all the time as a default outfit lol.
  • loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

Sure, there's (almost) always some kind of workaround, but my point is, it kinda makes additional category useless. I'd much better like if they dedicated it to rainy weather. Well, maybe it'll make more sense after playing.

I don't think it really is a problem. If you want your sim to be dressed the same inside and outside when it's hot, just don't use the thermostat, and it will be as hot inside as it is outside. :)
    Keks_Milch wrote: »
    Maybe they can patch in a rain category for clothes later on? I would really like that, since we got a lot of nice rain clothes but who wears rain clothes all the time as a default outfit lol.

I wouldn't mind, but I doubt it. It'd make even more potential data for one Sim, and I'm afraid it would influence the game performance. The only solution I can see right now is if there are tags for clothes and they work very well. For example, a raincoat has 'rain' tag, and winter coat has 'snow/winter' tag. You can put both of them as the cold outfit, but Sims will know which one choose depending on actual wheather, because of tags. It still wouldn't really work for Townies, unless you give them two outfits manually.
  • loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member

I wouldn't mind, but I doubt it. It'd make even more potential data for one Sim, and I'm afraid it would influence the game performance. The only solution I can see right now is if there are tags for clothes and they work very well. For example, a raincoat has 'rain' tag, and winter coat has 'snow/winter' tag. You can put both of them as the cold outfit, but Sims will know which one choose depending on actual wheather, because of tags. It still wouldn't really work for Townies, unless you give them two outfits manually.

Apparently townies will use umbrellas when it rains, so it doesn't really matter that they are not wearing a raincoat. Aren't raincoats used to replace umbrellas actually? I have no idea, I must have used one maybe once in my life, when on a vacation, because I didn't have anything else. That was fun.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,815 Member
    Really looking forward to seeing how our pets react to the weather. Appreciate how they didn't want to share features from packs everyone might not own but wondering if there's more to discover. Like adding new club requirements. And will shoveling snow increase responsibility? Will parents be able to influence and force to shovel snow? Will kicking the gnomes have a negative effect on character values?
  • AmgpinkAmgpink Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi I was wondering if kids could also do the figure skating side of skating. I'm asking this because most figure skaters are children and it would make sence.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Really looking forward to seeing how our pets react to the weather. Appreciate how they didn't want to share features from packs everyone might not own but wondering if there's more to discover. Like adding new club requirements. And will shoveling snow increase responsibility? Will parents be able to influence and force to shovel snow? Will kicking the gnomes have a negative effect on character values?

I think they mentioned in the livestream that racking leaves will raise responsibility if you have Parenthood so I guess it also applies to shoveling snow.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Angela_4588Angela_4588 Posts: 246 Member
    What time in the live stream does it start talking about the gardening overhaul?
    Gallery Username : XInspiredAngelX
    If we put umbrellas in our Sim's inventory would they automatically put them up when the rain starts? If so all my Sims will be doing that!
  • Angela_4588Angela_4588 Posts: 246 Member
    I feel like they automatically did in sims 3
    Gallery Username : XInspiredAngelX
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I feel like they automatically did in sims 3

I believe they did as well.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    My take on not having a rainy category is that not everyone wears rainy gear? In real life I JUST bought myself a rain jacket (and I love it lol). But before I just wore my hoodies and whatever else I had and just used an umbrella. Maybe that’s what they were going for?
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

My take on not having a rainy category is that not everyone wears rainy gear? In real life I JUST bought myself a rain jacket (and I love it lol). But before I just wore my hoodies and whatever else I had and just used an umbrella. Maybe that’s what they were going for?

But that's a point, in my opinion. When it rains, it's usually a bit colder, so I also take some jacket or a hoodie. You could put in the rain category not only the typical rain coats, but also thing I've mentioned. I don't know, it would just be more realistic in my opinion.
    My cable TV, Virginmedia uk, has YouTube and I've just noticed the Livestream is coming up on that. I got that from my recommendations as I was watching some Sims4 stuff before it was streamed yesterday. Makes a change from bad news and football.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Here are some pictures from the stream of CAS and Build/Buy Mode.

Woman hair and clothes
    eVhttFq.png
    sqitA6O.png
    Q6U1gyn.png

Men hair and clothes
    HxhePC5.png
    LnQVGbU.png

Girl and Boy hair and clothes
    zFtCKSY.png
    rqCGf9h.png
    naSdGul.png
    d7IUOQY.png
    uhDMxin.png

Toddler boy and girl's hair and clothes
    rpHdnc5.png
    wEF3YvW.png
    umidP4S.png
    yPOvnNs.png
    ddF8REP.png

Build and buy mode
    hC3d1G4.png
    lqYgBoH.png
    ENGxhk5.png
    Qn5Lobr.png
    RtAg1lr.png
    bDUG1dr.png

Thank you so much for adding all those new items to look at I was so engrossed watching the live stream yesterday trying to figure out the differences between other sim series of seasons I really skimmed through the cas, hair and other objects now I can browse at my leisure :)
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,394 Member
    Love the build mode windows and doors that go to well together. I wanna change up the ones I normally use but always find myself using the same set
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    When Father Winter slipped in the Live Stream I LOL'ed so hard :lol::lol:

25i2a9k.png
    The best part of the stream. And imagine the poor kids running out to play in the snow on Wintersday to trip over Father Winter's frozen corpse. Happy holidays kids. Happy holidays.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2018

Spies, Secret Agents, Columbo, and Castielle from Supernatural Tv show. A Trench coat is considered rainwear.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....