Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Cats invaded my Legacy House.
    CATS.
    INVADED.

I don't see the problem-says owner of 3 cats in 1 bedroom apartment
    MAYOR WHISKERS WAS SAT ON THE DINING TABLE (I did adopt one cat though...)

Ah. No counters or tables for kitties. Mine are trained...mostly. Not really, actually. lol

best answer ever. to answer your question i'm good. i know i'm not adulting 1 friday i hope its next week.

Thanks. Haha...my cats know they're not allowed on a few counters where we do most of the cooking, but I'm pretty sure when I'm asleep, they go there anyways.

Not adulting, eh? That sounds fun. Hope it's sooner than later!

it turns out its the week after next i have no adulting.

i just won't get dressed.lol. i stay in what i wore the night before to bed. shes not a fun person to go out with so telling me we weren't wasa bad idea on her part.

PJs all day is the best in my book!! I love it.

i do that when i don't want to go out.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @simscognito I have a couple more chapters before I need the reshoot pictures

Oh gosh sorry. @MadameLee I totally forgot to do the redo. I'll do them tonight. I promise. I'll write it down.

don't worry I have to write the song chapter and I might have 2-3 other chapters as well. Besides I want to play with my Disney save again it's been awhile
    6adMCGP.gif
  • BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    Morning all. Hope your day is going well.

Question for you all. Would anyone be interested in playing/learning to play Dungeons and Dragons? It would require you to have at least voice chat in Discord, which is an app you download on your computer.

Let me know. I'm in love with it, but I need some peeps to play with!!

@aroseinbloom Hey Rosey!

Timezones will probably make this not possible but I’m keen if we can make it work.

@BBQPenguinWings I know you love Critical Role, would this be something you would be interested in?

This sounds super fun and I would love to but I have such a weird time schedule right now. And a lot of not fun stuff going on in my life at the moment :/ .

And fun fact I love CR but have only ever played d&d for like 2 sessions a long time ago! But I would be super excited to try it again. Hopefully I will get some time soon and I can try it out.

• aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    @BBQPenguinWings No worries. My work schedule is crazy so it would definitely take a lot of time to work it out. Let me know when you're able...I'm dying to get a group of fun people together to play!

I love being the DM :)
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member

Question for you all. Would anyone be interested in playing/learning to play Dungeons and Dragons? It would require you to have at least voice chat in Discord, which is an app you download on your computer.

I also play that! My half-elf bard is itching for some action. Though my only issue would be time zones and sched :lol:
    @BBQPenguinWings No worries. My work schedule is crazy so it would definitely take a lot of time to work it out. Let me know when you're able...I'm dying to get a group of fun people together to play!

That would be fun! Evenings would work best for me, when I am able to do it (except Thursdays and tuesdays cuz CR lol. And as long as you guys don't mind teach a newb lol
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    CATS.
    INVADED.

Ah. No counters or tables for kitties. Mine are trained...mostly. Not really, actually. lol

best answer ever. to answer your question i'm good. i know i'm not adulting 1 friday i hope its next week.

Thanks. Haha...my cats know they're not allowed on a few counters where we do most of the cooking, but I'm pretty sure when I'm asleep, they go there anyways.

i just won't get dressed.lol. i stay in what i wore the night before to bed. shes not a fun person to go out with so telling me we weren't wasa bad idea on her part.

I'm trying to dream up a week without adulting! At the office, we finally have someone who can cover for me, so I'm thinking sometime this next year, I might actually take a vacation! Like a full, two-week vacation! Thing is... when I'm at home is when I wind up doing most of the adulting... so a vacation is sort of like a time for more cooking, cleaning, gardening. But wait! Those are fun things! Being an adult is fun! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

I'd love it if there were a way it could be asynchronous and no voice chat... I don't suppose D&D online works that way?

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    g6tECzV.png

Hazel surprises Damion with a vacation in chapter 31!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison

@aroseinbloom Hey Rosey!

Timezones will probably make this not possible but I’m keen if we can make it work.

@BBQPenguinWings I know you love Critical Role, would this be something you would be interested in?

OMG Critical Role is the best. And with my work schedule, @Munterbacon, the time zones might work in our favor!

@citizenerased14 Would you want to play with these guys too?
    CathyTea wrote: »
    CATS.
    INVADED.

I'm trying to dream up a week without adulting! At the office, we finally have someone who can cover for me, so I'm thinking sometime this next year, I might actually take a vacation! Like a full, two-week vacation! Thing is... when I'm at home is when I wind up doing most of the adulting... so a vacation is sort of like a time for more cooking, cleaning, gardening. But wait! Those are fun things! Being an adult is fun! :)

I agree @CathyTea ! I really enjoy household chores when there aren't other responsibilities weighing on me.

Between the two of us (and, ya know, everyone else in this thread) we have a 6 day break between our upcoming wedding and our honeymoon where my fiance has convinced me not to go back to work. He has nothing planned in those 6 days. Says I'm just supposed to relax. I'm SO excited to clean the house.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    @CathyTea I posted my Riddle chapter last night!!
    6adMCGP.gif
    pronterus wrote: »

I also play that! My half-elf bard is itching for some action. Though my only issue would be time zones and sched :lol:

I would be happy to create a calendar where we can pick times/days that work best and work around it. And I have a half-elf Druid. She's awesome.

That would be fun! Evenings would work best for me, when I am able to do it (except Thursdays and tuesdays cuz CR lol. And as long as you guys don't mind teach a newb lol

I think teaching a newb is great!! I'd be happy to help you create a character and support you through!

I'd love it if there were a way it could be asynchronous and no voice chat... I don't suppose D&D online works that way?

Voice chat is sorta important because you actually get to role play your character and talk to the whole group to make decisions. But beyond that, the character is yours to make however you want!!

I saw the chatter later in the thread and had to go searching for the start of this conversation!

I've only recently discovered Critical Role and I'm so in love with it. I've never played D&D but have played table top games like Warhammer and Warmachine/Hordes. I love the idea of learning but I'd be a total noob! Would you do casual turn based where people would check in whenever they can or schedule regular times for everyone to play at the same time?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    Karilan wrote: »
    CATS.
    INVADED.

I agree @CathyTea ! I really enjoy household chores when there aren't other responsibilities weighing on me.

Between the two of us (and, ya know, everyone else in this thread) we have a 6 day break between our upcoming wedding and our honeymoon where my fiance has convinced me not to go back to work. He has nothing planned in those 6 days. Says I'm just supposed to relax. I'm SO excited to clean the house.

mom says her house stays cleaner now. dad was a big 3 yr old .she would clean then he would make messes all over the house.

i added the part about 3yr old mom never said that.

I saw the chatter later in the thread and had to go searching for the start of this conversation!

I've only recently discovered Critical Role and I'm so in love with it. I've never played D&D but have played table top games like Warhammer and Warmachine/Hordes. I love the idea of learning but I'd be a total noob! Would you do casual turn based where people would check in whenever they can or schedule regular times for everyone to play at the same time?

For D&D, we'd all play together when we get time. I'd make it a 2-3 hour session at max and we'd just get through what we can until our next time together. While I've not played those games, for D&D, it's best to all be together so we can make the journey as a group. I can set up a whole thing online where I'd send anyone who wanted to play a link to the game that I've created, and there would be maps available and virtual dice!!
    CATS.
    INVADED.

mom says her house stays cleaner now. dad was a big 3 yr old .she would clean then he would make messes all over the house.

I'm with CT on the whole cleaning when there's nothing else on my shoulders. When I only have one day off, the last thing I want to do is clean. I want to game, read, go on a hike, sleep, etc. But when I have a bunch of days off in a row and I know I can do my own thing in all of that, I LOVE to clean!

And I'm the one who lives like a messy toddler. Such a terrible habit of mine, but that's just part of the deal.
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @BBQPenguinWings Thank you for thinking of me! :heart: (and Phee? :joy: hehe)

This sounds so fun, but I am already a member of a role play group that games two nights a week and I’m not totally sure I have time to add another :( Though I do have summer vacation coming up... hmm... Ah, it’s so tempting! Haha

Can I be down as a maybe? And once you guys figure out some more details, keep me updated? :)
    snvAF3B.png
    asynchronous?

this time it was you so no blaming aand e. :)

For D&D, we'd all play together when we get time. I'd make it a 2-3 hour session at max and we'd just get through what we can until our next time together. While I've not played those games, for D&D, it's best to all be together so we can make the journey as a group. I can set up a whole thing online where I'd send anyone who wanted to play a link to the game that I've created, and there would be maps available and virtual dice!!

That sounds like a lot of fun!!! I'm definitely interested. My fiance has been obsessed with learning D&D too. He just purchased the Baldur's Gate collection to start learning and already flew through the first game. I might steal his copy to learn a bit too.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    @BBQPenguinWings Thank you for thinking of me! :heart: (and Phee? :joy: hehe)

This sounds so fun, but I am already a member of a role play group that games two nights a week and I’m not totally sure I have time to add another :( Though I do have summer vacation coming up... hmm... Ah, it’s so tempting! Haha

Can I be down as a maybe? And once you guys figure out some more details, keep me updated? :)

Yes!! And based on everyone's availability, my guess is that we'll be more like every 2-3 weeks of getting together...and we'll be a no pressure group. If most people can get together, we'll leave those who can't by a tree or in a tavern for that night and pick them up for the next get together ;)
    thanks big bang theory i know dm is dungeon master.
    CATS.
    INVADED.

I'm with CT on the whole cleaning when there's nothing else on my shoulders. When I only have one day off, the last thing I want to do is clean. I want to game, read, go on a hike, sleep, etc. But when I have a bunch of days off in a row and I know I can do my own thing in all of that, I LOVE to clean!

And I'm the one who lives like a messy toddler. Such a terrible habit of mine, but that's just part of the deal.

tuesday is cooking / cleaning day. my person is supposed to show me how to cook. but i'm more skilled than her at it so i watch tv and she cleans the apartment. then i cook on weekends.
    CATS.
    INVADED.

It's the house-cleaning honeymoon! Now, that's original! It also sounds awesome!

• MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    pronterus wrote: »

I would be happy to create a calendar where we can pick times/days that work best and work around it. And I have a half-elf Druid. She's awesome.

I think teaching a newb is great!! I'd be happy to help you create a character and support you through!

Voice chat is sorta important because you actually get to role play your character and talk to the whole group to make decisions. But beyond that, the character is yours to make however you want!!

Well, technically I'd be a noob too, as I haven't played D&D in over 20 years! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top