Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I have a question about the Rabid Rodent Fever & Death

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
With the sale that Origin was offering, I finally got the My First Pet Stuff pack, and I found out there is a new death included in this pack. I understand that this will only happen when a rodent's cage becomes very dirty, the disease that is. I am playing several different households, and have given one of the families a pet rat. Will I need to worry about it while I'm playing another family about the other family who has a rat getting infected? Or do things sort of become dormant while I am away? I do play with the MCCC mod if that makes any difference.

Comments

• Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I believe any rodents on lots not being played are essentially in "stasis" so their needs won't decay or anything while you're playing other families. I have one on a vet's lot and his cage has yet to dirty over the course of trips I've taken there with other households.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    If a rodent in your household for example has a dirty cage and you invite someone over, if they play with that rodent there is a chance he can get sick. He won’t die since you’re not playing the household if I recall correctly. But when you do switch to that household that person will have a sick moodlet.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Thank you both for your answers. I don't know why but when ever I add something new to the game, my biggest fear is some poor sim dying. It all started back in Late Night, when I had several vampires all die on me.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Your sims will eventually die by this disease if not cured. NPC sims will eventually cure themselves unless you start playing with them.
    So no worries here...