Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Make things smaller

I can make things bigger by using shift+å (Swedish keyboard) but I can't seem to make things smaller. I was told to use ctrl+z but that doesn't work on my keyboard. :(

Comments

• NordicPhoenix22xNordicPhoenix22x Posts: 301 Member
    Hej,
    the button to make an object smaller is usually the one left of the backspace button... So for Scandinavian keyboards that would be the one with the two accents on it, I believe. :)
    You can however not make an object smaller than its default size.
    Hope this works :)
    "Children of the night, Soldiers of our time
    Scream it out loud, One generation
    Riot in the streets, Fighting and debris
    Raise your fist high, the Generation Wild!"
    182kwx.png
  • DennisAlexis84DennisAlexis84 Posts: 79 Member
    Hi again! Thanks but I tried ctrl+` but it didn't work. :/ Any other suggestions?
  • DennisAlexis84DennisAlexis84 Posts: 79 Member
    Bump. Anyone?
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    You cannot make objects smaller than their actual size but you can make objects bigger then reduce them back to their default size. To make objects bigger press ] (you may need to hold down the CTRL key when doing this) and to make them smaller again press [
    apple-signature.png
  • AcatsimmerAcatsimmer Posts: 57 Member
    You can't actually make items smaller than their actually size. You can size them up by pressing ctrl ] to make them back to their normal size press ctrl [ I hope this helped :smile:
    kcDovEA.png
    Click on the banner above to visit my tumblr, and see the Bennett Legacy and simming on Mac tips!
  • tarynataryna Posts: 1 New Member
    you can to make items smaller press[ to make items bigger press] :) :p B)
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    @taryna It depends on if you have a keyboard from another country. Anything other than US/UK keyboards need to choose the US/UK keyboard when playing Sims 4.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Lucid_blehLucid_bleh Posts: 107 Member
    does anyone know how it works for a croatian keyboard ?
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

747a4083471d8b76843c1c120cf5bd98.jpg
  • Lucid_blehLucid_bleh Posts: 107 Member
    because we have šđčćž added , and I wanted to know in general where all the symbols ae in here while pressing the upper case , or alt .... if anyone has a link to the explanation of it since a few years back the symbols were switched so the "@" sign was not easy to find since we used to just press alt + v and now I found it on alt + 2 .... that was kind of strange for me since I never made any arrangements on the keyboard it switched with some of the new updates :# ... ( ps;I use the 2012 MacBook Pro )
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

747a4083471d8b76843c1c120cf5bd98.jpg
    The only solution BluebellFlora and I have found that works is to switch your keyboard preferences to the US/UK keyboard. Sorry.
  • KrisseyKrissey Posts: 1 New Member
    I am from Norway, but I have swedish keyboard. For me it is Å for bigger and M for smaller :smiley:
    @Krissey Thank you! :)
  • CMekiCMeki Posts: 4 New Member
    To make it bigger and smaller on a Croatian keyboard the letters đ (smaller) and š (bigger) are used! You hold them together with shift! Worked on both a Croatian keyboard and a Swedish one with changed settings!

Also, for a Swedish keyboard with Swedish settings (Maybe Krissey had them in Norweigan?), we use the ´ -button to make things smaller. the one just left of backspace.
  • hazelmutthazelmutt Posts: 1 New Member
    on the Nordic keyboard you use the button right next to the + button
  • EmmaBTS02EmmaBTS02 Posts: 3 New Member
    I have a Danish keyboard and I'm having the same problem. I've tried everything but nothing seems to work. I can only make things bigger with the å key, but I've never been able to make things smaller. I've tried switching it to the US keyboard, but when I enter the game it changes back to Danish. Any help?
    Have you tried entering the command "Help" in your cheat section? I am from the US and afraid I don't speak Danish. Not sure if your cheats are the same as in English or not. I think "List" will show you the cheat commands.