Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    I started a new story on Tumblr. Short snippets so you don't have to invest a lot of time (and neither do I!), but still get to follow along my Build Newcrest challenge.

Meet my leading lady and get started on working out her mystery!

One Way Ticket: Part 1
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited June 2018
    Still, on a high from finishing and posting my chapter, I busted my a** writing it and very proud of the quality (higher than my high standards) and the content in general. The downside: my brain is partially fried and I'm not sure how to continue lol. Did you get a chance to check it out yet @simscognito
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Happy timezones all :)

I was about to write a chapter for my next story since it's a holiday tomorrow, but then I noticed that my bathroom was dirty. I only intended to clean the sink, but I also ended up cleaning the shower and the toilet, leaving the bathroom sparkling clean. That's my Neat trait kicking in at the weirdest times.
    pronterus wrote: »

I was about to write a chapter for my next story since it's a holiday tomorrow, but then I noticed that my bathroom was dirty. I only intended to clean the sink, but I also ended up cleaning the shower and the toilet, leaving the bathroom sparkling clean. That's my Neat trait kicking in at the weirdest times.

It has a tendency to do that! Want to head over here, next? Mine so rarely kicks in? Wait...do I even have the Neat trait? lol
  • ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member

I'm supposed to be doing my school stuff... But look at me!
    I prefer Shade than Shady
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    I know I never post here so most of you have no clue who I am anymore. I very rarely venture onto the forums nowadays. I live in the Twitterverse now. Anywhoo I discovered a new CC/mod thingy yesterday that I just realized this morning will absolutely change the way screenshotting is done! At least for me!

Yesterday, I was doing something I loathe doing... making sims act out a scene I'd written. Hats off to all of you who do this because I was seriously ready to kill them! I needed two sitting one standing and chose a room in the house I was using that was absolutely terrible because, as you know, if there is another seating option the third sim will inevitably sit. Well, I'd seen this mod afterward and was thinking this morning darn I wish I'd seen the mod earlier or I'd have used it to block the other seats!

Bakie's Invisible Fence

So, what you do is you place the fence and then change it to the invisible color swatch. You could put a fence piece wherever you don't want sims to go! For me, a huge frustration lately has been sims walking through the table when one of the other sims is blowing out candles and I'm surely going to be adding some invisible fencing before the next party!

Anyway, thought y'all might be interested. I think the possibilities are amazing and thus had to share. Bye!
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Good morning, friends. I hope you're all well.

Hey, it's actually morning over here too! :D How's things with you Rosey?

Things are good! And yay for mornings? Though I imagine you're not getting ready to start your day! How are you over there @Munterbacon ?

Yeah, I'm getting ready to go to bed. :D I'm alright, been playing Path of Exile recently - boy does it have a steep learning curve! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)

Things are good! And yay for mornings? Though I imagine you're not getting ready to start your day! How are you over there @Munterbacon ?

Yeah, I'm getting ready to go to bed. :D I'm alright, been playing Path of Exile recently - boy does it have a steep learning curve! :D

I've not heard of that game, but I find that most games have steep learning curves for me. Might be that I'm just not great at 'gaming' in general. But I love learning!! And you get some sleep. I'm going to try and be around more on here. Bug me lots. I miss you!

It has a tendency to do that! Want to head over here, next? Mine so rarely kicks in? Wait...do I even have the Neat trait? lol

Pay me in the form of cheese curls and I'd be happy to lol
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @simscognito @CathyTea just a heads up in the next chapter, there might be a little bit of streaking by Guest Star "Meatball"

:grimace:

your face is going to freeze like that. :):p

If i can get my sim selfie to grimace more than he is now, I'll make that my av.

@LegacySims2017 Your Simself grimaced in my game the other night. I'll have to post the screenshot when I'm on my desktop. :p
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Shadyboop wrote: »

Lol homework muna para masaya bakasyon
    Hello @aroseinbloom, I hope you are well too. I'm about to head off to work, but popped in here first.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    I was working on my riddle chapter that I will probably post later today.. but when I finished I notice several dead sims seem to have been resurrected
    6adMCGP.gif
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member

I've not heard of that game, but I find that most games have steep learning curves for me. Might be that I'm just not great at 'gaming' in general. But I love learning!! And you get some sleep. I'm going to try and be around more on here. Bug me lots. I miss you!

@aroseinbloom It's a Action RPG game similar to the Diablo games but turned up to 37 out of 10 in terms of complexity. Their skill tree, although it looks beautiful to look at, it has 1,325 skills to choose from and only 123 points to chose from! :o

So easy to muck up with the skills you choose, so you end up making new characters a lot! Well, at least I do! :D

Off to bed now, see y'all tomorrow!
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
    edited June 2018
    I'm not sure when last I updated here for LASL. I've been a busy bee. :)

03-18-18_8-50-50c2a0pm.png?w=1075
    Lizzie tries to cope with changes and disappointment in her life, plus help her friend, Karleen. @LegacySims2017's Joseph tries to be supportive and get their next door neighbor to pipe down. *cough cough* @simscognito's Riley

Goal # 14, Part 1: Learn to Cope

05-20-18_3-11-28c2a0pm.png?w=1075
    @simscognito's Riley tries to be a good friend to Karleen and help her prepare for the next phase of her life, plus he reveals an interesting secret. Lizzie and @LegacySims2017's Joseph cope with an accident. Also featuring the TS4 Martinez family.
    Goal # 14: Part 2: Learn to Cope

03-18-18_9-30-59c2a0pm.png?w=1075
    Lizzie visits her parents, friends, and agent in Oasis Springs. Unfortunately, it's the time for happy announcements among friends and family, and the reminders are painful for Lizzie. @LegacySims2017's Joseph copes with being apart. Also featuring @pammiechick's Holland , @MINEZ's Siri and Ameera, @Skcaga6's Teresa, @Rockannie's Annie, and @friendsfan367's Ali.
    Goal # 15: Visit Home

05-29-18_7-13-15c2a0pm.png?w=1075&h=605
    Karleen finally tells @Munterbacon's Munter something he needs to hear. Lizzie and @LegacySims2017's Joseph attempt to have a romantic date with unexpected revelations and a strange visitor.
    Goal # 16: Tell the Truth

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member

tinatamad ako eh...
    I prefer Shade than Shady
    Hello @aroseinbloom, I hope you are well too. I'm about to head off to work, but popped in here first.

Thanks!!! Have a great day of work @AdamsEve1231
  • OpicanaOpicana Posts: 379 Member
    crazycatnerd.com/sim-challenges/2018/6/11/round-1-liberty-summer-and-travis-part-4

Part 4 of Round 1 of my rotational game has gone up! I've been playing pretty consistently too, so I have posts scheduled through Saturday, and I'm ready to begin playing round 2 tonight! I rolled a dark event for Round 2...not sure how that's going to go!

tinatamad ako eh...

That's alright I procrastinate too :lol:
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Okay I released my last update for my legacy a bit early because I'm going to sleep early. Week 25 has been posted which brings us to the Heiress Vote! This time it will be a tough call who will be the heir, I look forward to it!

There's many heirs to choose from, but I ended up picking Grace!

Grace is a cute little nerd!

She absolutely is!
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    The Proserpin Legacy - 1.5 School Projects

Okay, so this is a nice little chapter, and I'm hoping that soon things will get bigger and brighter...
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    I have no classes tomorrow! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

Yay for you. Me neither. Got my last exam tomorrow morning and then leave at noon. :) Today was my last full day and it was weird but fun. We had some food and revised for our last exam tomorrow morning. I learnt when you're in your final year, they let you eat in the classrooms. Okay, maybe only in certain situations that involve multiple hours of revision. :lol:

Looking forward to next year. Taking stuff that is very computer orientated (from what I know). :)
    I have no classes tomorrow! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

Oh that's good news. XD

But I have assignments... :expressionless:

Ahh. There's always a downside. Any fun ones?

There's one in English which I forgot to finish, I have a discussion and something to memorize on Araling Panlipunan, There's another assignment in Math (Yuck!), and a few quizzes

I feel for you. I hated English and Maths. Which is why I'm glad I'm not a character in one of my stories and have to take them for another 2 years. :joy:
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Hu, everyone ! @aroseinbloom Rosey, so great to see you here catching up with old friends and meeting new ones! I think you'll love getting to know all the current regulars! I also predict Sissy is going to scream when she sees you're here!

@Rainydayz179 Lacey! So cool you've popped in! That sounds like a really helpful mod!

Hope you all have a great day ! I'm about to open up my WordPress reader and discover what goodies are there! Really looking forward to @AdamsEve1231 's latest chapter because I've been avidly following Karleen's story !
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    I know I never post here so most of you have no clue who I am anymore. I very rarely venture onto the forums nowadays. I live in the Twitterverse now. Anywhoo I discovered a new CC/mod thingy yesterday that I just realized this morning will absolutely change the way screenshotting is done! At least for me!

Yesterday, I was doing something I loathe doing... making sims act out a scene I'd written. Hats off to all of you who do this because I was seriously ready to kill them! I needed two sitting one standing and chose a room in the house I was using that was absolutely terrible because, as you know, if there is another seating option the third sim will inevitably sit. Well, I'd seen this mod afterward and was thinking this morning darn I wish I'd seen the mod earlier or I'd have used it to block the other seats!

Bakie's Invisible Fence

So, what you do is you place the fence and then change it to the invisible color swatch. You could put a fence piece wherever you don't want sims to go! For me, a huge frustration lately has been sims walking through the table when one of the other sims is blowing out candles and I'm surely going to be adding some invisible fencing before the next party!

Anyway, thought y'all might be interested. I think the possibilities are amazing and thus had to share. Bye!

THANK YOU!!!! :open_mouth: I need this!! Stop my sims sitting down in random seats when I need them to talk standing up!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I started a new story on Tumblr. Short snippets so you don't have to invest a lot of time (and neither do I!), but still get to follow along my Build Newcrest challenge.

Meet my leading lady and get started on working out her mystery!

One Way Ticket: Part 1

hi aero.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top