Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I gave the game a try but...

I tried Sims free play but didn't like the game. It was all work and little play with extremely limited things to do in it. When I heard they were coming out with this one, my hopes were high. I must say, I'm very disappointed. Just like Freeplay, it's all work and little play. I'm so limited that I can't even kick out the strange woman who's been in my house non-stop since the very first day. I can't play the toddler sim without paying real money. And there's nothing to do in the game that's actually fun. The fact that you have to pay loads of real money for anything decent in the game (with very few ways to earn it) just makes the game creators look greedy. So for now, I'll leave it to the rich people who can afford to keep dumping money into a mobile game. And go back to my PC Sims which is more fun than work.

Comments

• HardernaterHardernater Posts: 65 Member
    cool story

118n437.jpg

Admin of The Sims™ Mobile Community at Facebook

The Sims Mobile : Hard2Describe / HYC9F67

• EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    Pandasim2 wrote: »
    I tried Sims free play but didn't like the game. It was all work and little play with extremely limited things to do in it. When I heard they were coming out with this one, my hopes were high. I must say, I'm very disappointed. Just like Freeplay, it's all work and little play. I'm so limited that I can't even kick out the strange woman who's been in my house non-stop since the very first day. I can't play the toddler sim without paying real money. And there's nothing to do in the game that's actually fun. The fact that you have to pay loads of real money for anything decent in the game (with very few ways to earn it) just makes the game creators look greedy. So for now, I'll leave it to the rich people who can afford to keep dumping money into a mobile game. And go back to my PC Sims which is more fun than work.

Even if you pay the Sim Cash you can't play Babies, Toddlers, Children, and Elders.

• abinicbergieabinicbergie Posts: 1 New Member
    I've never been so disappointed with a game. I've been playing Sims since 2001, like many others. I'm at a place in my life where I cannot afford a PC, even though I do own all the Sims, including Sims 4. I thought I'd give sims mobile a try and I'm so very disappointed. I thought it would be close to the real thing, but no. Almost everything about it sucks. I know why it's free now :/ Love you EA, but this is a trainwreck. I was so excited to play a Sims game again. What a mistake. I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    People are dropping buckets of cash on this game and for the life of me I cannot understand it.

I also read a report the other day of a guy spending $70,000 on in-app purchases for some game in Japan. I'm guessing these are the kinds of people they're hoping support this game as well.
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    I've been through the entire pre-game launch and seen his development. The sims mobile was always the game that kept me 5 to 10 days after being updated and then I forgot again. It's a repetitive game. You follow a story but you have no real control over it. You have no options to decide the course of history. It is less free than the sims for the computer.

I wanted to feel that I have full control of the game instead of having to follow a pre-defined story, but I do not have it.
    And after the last event, I was sad to see that there was not even the option of people buying the items as stuff pack. If you are not playing on time, you lose the items.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm right there with all of you, super disappointed. I played a couple of times but found it difficult to keep my attention focused on it. It's fine as a time killer waiting for my mom at her doctor appointments and the like, but nothing I'm dying to play on the regular.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Yep all of this. Can't play toddlers, children, elders. Retirement is constantly pushed. Literally all my sims do is work. I can't decide in the story if I want to change it. I'll continue to stick with PC
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Sims mobile can drive me a little mad, thought I would give it a go this weekend see what all the fuss is about - moving stuff around in the house is driving me up the walls!!
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    From my experience you have to be incredibly frugal with your simcash, like don't spend any of it even on the skill boost items, at least not until you've unlocked and extra sim or two to increase the number of things you can do to earn more simcash. It gets chaotic the higher the level you get as you'll eventually run out of items and outfits you can buy from simoleans alone and will need to spend simcash, and unlike simoleans you don't earn them from sending your sim to work. They are rare and when you are needing 75+ simcash per item and only getting maybe 10 per day you start to realise this is where EA is gonna be making its money from.
  • Jerryka7Jerryka7 Posts: 5 New Member
    I’m so upset I didn’t realize the issue of dating another players sim until I wanted to move in with one...I’ve spent so much time leveling up the relationship and now if the other player declines I wasted my time...It never crossed my mind until I asked the sim to move in with me...Now I have to research how to tell a NPC and another’s players sim apart...Had I known this I would have just created another sim and moved them in and worked on improving that relationship...On top of that I couldn’t post a thread on the forum asking for help because of a badge point system...Which by the way I had to google to figure that out...I’ve loved the sims since I was kid and thought I would love the new mobile game but apparently not...I’m thinking about just deleting the game!
  • SapphoMuseSapphoMuse Posts: 11 New Member
    I'm finding it disappointing as well. As I'm levelling up I'm learning that far too many things cost premium currency. And you get so little it's utterly discouraging. It feels like a greedy cash grab more than a game. Like it's deliberately made unfair so you have no choice but spend cash. Personally, I'd rather be invited to spend than forced.
  • nrilesnriles Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree SapphoMuse. It doesn't feel rewarding to play at all. I don't mind paying into phone games, and I have a few that I spend money on regularly, but I have to feel like I'm getting something for it. The furniture packs look like the same stuff for the PC game but cost more. The things they want you to unlock with money are things I would personally just associate with a sims game (having a family for instance). Even the "rewards" you get for advancing in your career, or relationships, are just unlocks that you can now buy. It's disheartening and I really think they need to rework it so that your rewards for playing actually feel like rewards. Or they need to go more in depth with the stories and offer more options to keep it interesting. Otherwise why would I pay to play?
  • bellatruini71bellatruini71 Posts: 2 New Member
    I much prefer the PC version and that is the one I will spend my money on. Nothing will bear or replace it! These mobile games are money grabs and they're so boring after while. Not only that but the microtransactions are ridiculous and I just dont do it. The Sims is 18 years strong. I really hope they're not thinking of bowing out of the PC brand because that would be a very big mistake.
  • amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    I have never minded spending money on my Sims, but this game charges WAY too much for it's cash only items! $20 for a living room?! $15 for a bathroom?! This is not the computer game, it's a mobile game. It's a faint echo of the computer game and the prices should be the same.
  • CorruptPixieCorruptPixie Posts: 3 New Member
    I was going to write a long reply, but honestly this game doesn't deserve it. This last update did it for me. The cash grab is to strong. I feel like a sucker that I even put $20 into it buying the 'specials' they had. I feel like an idiot and it means I rewarded EA for a horrible game. It was fun at first, but each update solidifies just how greedy EA is. Happy to say I learned a lesson and EA won't be getting anymore money. If they keep making more and more things cost simcash then I will quit all together.
  • IvanaHaffun2IvanaHaffun2 Posts: 10 New Member
    I’ve played the game for a couple weeks and so far it’s alright but not that fun because the activities are boring and repetitive. Also, the placement of things: everything in the house all have to be squared, can’t place things at an angle, why? And it takes so many tckets for every little thing.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited May 2018
    I have never minded spending money on my Sims, but this game charges WAY too much for it's cash only items! $20 for a living room?! $15 for a bathroom?! This is not the computer game, it's a mobile game. It's a faint echo of the computer game and the prices should be the same.

well living rooms don't cost that much in sims 4 stuff packs are 10 and they come with cas and at least one gameplay object
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    EA start again give 3 simcash each day as you complete your to-do list. And this is good because you can enjoy that events are over and stock simcash and cakes to use at another time in the game.

Something I keep complaining about is that the game does not allow you to be free. There are no new paths in stories. Events such as death by fire or shock, sims being burned while trying to fix an object or ways to earn autonomous money would change that.

Imagine this scene:

You organized a home movie session with your club (I dream with this feature), but during the session your friend receives a sms that there is a thief in the neighborhood and you have 10 seconds to decide whether to turn on the alarm and lock the door or don't care and stay watching the movie. Depending on your choice, you may receive a notification that the thief was arrested or see a scene of a burglar invading your home and leading to your plant.

That would make the game different.
    Actions that affect the humor of the sim by x time would be something that would make it more challenging as well. Imagine a very sad yes getting the visit of an NPC to make him good again or a happy yes completing everything very fast.

The game needs to be more than following stories, winning clothes and running to complete events.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Seriously ?? For $20 you have a gamepack for the computer game!
  • Coop3Coop3 Posts: 4 New Member
    Remember when I started playing sims mobile and it was cool and challenging? Now I’m at level 40 and have no idea what to do with myself!