Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How big is your CC folder?

Comments

• Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    Over 34 gb

Nvm I rechecked it :joy: it's worse.

38.4 GB, 22,695 files and 173 folders, and I keep downloading more. I really should go through the stuff I no longer like/ broken meshes etc.. but the effort.

EUjy9dk.png

OMG :o Hopefully your game run smooth my laptop would explode with much stuff even when he's a decent gaming one.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    935 MB... I thought I was a misfit for having so much, but after reading some of the other replies, I feel like a misfit for having so little... :D
  • prism_popprism_pop Posts: 61 Member
    something like 40GB across a few folders. I swap out some stuff per story.
  • NaomiSImblrNaomiSImblr Posts: 158 Member
    I merge all my clothes,hair,objects etc into one file I only leave in merged core mods like mcc or ui

I definetly recommend it it reduces lag
  • Mindygirl81Mindygirl81 Posts: 1 New Member
    72.8 GB, 3,462 files (most are merged package files using Sims4Studio)
  • ipippinipippin Posts: 37 Member
    I had 15GB of CC before my computer broke. Sad to say it's now only 5.5GB.
  • salemdexingsalemdexing Posts: 47 Member
    i have 5.17gb maybe someone should call 911 lol maybe i need to learn how to merge my files i do notice alot of delay in my game lately! :blush:
  • GunngirlGunngirl Posts: 32 Member
    Over 34 gb

Nvm I rechecked it :joy: it's worse.

38.4 GB, 22,695 files and 173 folders, and I keep downloading more. I really should go through the stuff I no longer like/ broken meshes etc.. but the effort.

I'm at 11.5 and I was flipping out over that. Wow!!! Over 30 gigs?! Mine is mostly clutter, art and clothes. It's so hard to stop downloading. CC is like heroin, lol. I"m on a mac so it's so much harder to try to clean out using help like S4 studio. I'd love to get it down to about 5 or 6 gigs, I know my game would run so much better.
  • simgravessimgraves Posts: 291 Member
    I have 1.31GB, 133 files and 23 folders cause I'm organized
  • aloadaialoadai Posts: 51 Member
    edited August 2018
    1.69GB / 1,324 packages
    I have some game mods (including MCCC), build/buy items and a lot of CAS items (consisting mostly of skin details and makeup) cause I REALLY hate how the sims look to me with the game makeup and there aren't enough freckles/moles (as well as eyebags, nosemasks, etc.)

I have another folder of CC I don't use in my game but I have it there in case I ever want something, that folder has 10.1 GB / 3,711 packages
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I am currently mod and cc free. Computer issues made do it.
  • Ona_SimmerOna_Simmer Posts: 60 Member
    752 MB, 237 files, 9 folders
    Origin Name : Ona_Simmer

HC9IknO.png

• DoodlebeansDoodlebeans Posts: 75 Member
    932 files *scree*! I have no idea how much space it takes up since I'm not sure how to check on mac. I'm gonna bet about half of those files are hair...
    FFRnSKf.png?3

id - simsofbutter
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Don't forget some of your CC might be pretty similar.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • GalaxyCat707GalaxyCat707 Posts: 72 Member
    My original CC folder was unorganised and I created it in 2016, which was around the time I started playing Sims 4 with CC for the first time. There are lots of broken CC files and everything is in the one folder. I don't use the savefile that uses that CC folder anymore, which is a legacy family and I still have save in my game now. I re-named it old cc folder on my laptop and it still has 2752 items, which comes to 10.7 GB. I haven't added to the folder since last year and I haven't put it back into my game since then either. I will delete it at some point.

Currently, I have a new CC folder that I made in October 2017. This has organised sub-folders for each category of CC. Make-up has seperate sub-folders for each piece (eyeshadow, mascara, blush, lipstick and facepaint....well contact lenses instead.) Sub-folders have made my cc folder, much more visually pleasing to look at. Also, I haven't been so willy-nilly to install every CC I see on TSR, like I used to in my old folder. I only download the items I want. My new folder has 2092 items and is 9.55 GB (not far from my old CC folder haha~) I use more mods, than I used to...so I need to remember to update them after certain updates and patches. I am also starting to realise there is some CC I am not using at all/anymore, so when I get the motivation...I will use the tray importer tool to find and delete the unwanted CC.

I made a Maxis Match CC folder seperately, so I have a savefile for just MM sims and it is also organised with sub-folders for each CC category :)
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    About 700mb. My computer has very little storage space so the game and all my cc are stored on my SD card.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2018
    Empty. I do not use CC or mods in a developing game. Not worth the hassle.

I own all packs though.

Only the Resource.CFG file is in my mod folder. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• jprich99jprich99 Posts: 39 Member
    only 4G or so.
    Im a light weight.
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    760MB, more than I thought actually. A large chunk of that is the Cottage Garden Pack made by the Plumbob Tea Society. Other than that I mainly add gameplay mods that I want and the odd item or recolour that feel I need but I don't go shopping for CC, I tend to just look it up when I think of something in particular that I would like.
    iscQh5U.png
  • CookiezStoryCookiezStory Posts: 35 Member
    still new player so no cc yet! xD
  • CookiezStoryCookiezStory Posts: 35 Member
    by the way my The sims 2 mod folder is about 270 MB
  • chozobochozobo Posts: 40 Member
    8,02 GB. Partially organized, though.
    And sheesh, I thought I had much CC. xD
  • xxritaaaaaaaxxxxritaaaaaaaxx Posts: 31 Member
    312 MB 178 files :p
  • GunngirlGunngirl Posts: 32 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Empty. I do not use CC or mods in a developing game. Not worth the hassle.

I own all packs though.

Only the Resource.CFG file is in my mod folder. LOL.

Girl, you have some type of will power! I wish I would do that because my game is crashing like crazy and I know it's mods and CC related. But at this point, taking out CC would be a nightmare as it's in every house and I have a lot of families going on. I like Clutter and realistic looking houses and I don't think I could play without CC. Although, the game gave a lot of nicer build items than what we used to get. But once you start on that CC it's hard to go back. It's like Crack.
  • friendlysimmerfriendlysimmer Posts: 45 Member
    Mine is around 11 gb

i7-3770
    GTX 1060
    16gb DDR3