Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims can't go to work

i get the notification that a carpool will come but it never shows up and i cant send my sims to work manually

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    This is for TS3? What actually happens if you try to direct your sim to go to work without the carpool?

Sometimes this means their career outfit or their assignment to it is broken and they cannot spin into it, so the command to Go To Work drops from their queue at that point. If using mods, for other kinds of misalignment that cause this not related to outfits, NRaas DebugEnabler has a Fix Homeworld command that often does the trick.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • That_Fat_CatThat_Fat_Cat Posts: 85 Member
    i don't have the option to send them to work manually. the strangest part is that i still earn money and it says i got the money from paid time off.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2018
    i don't have the option to send them to work manually. the strangest part is that i still earn money and it says i got the money from paid time off.
    Again, still need to hear that this is for TS3 or one of the other games as per your posting history. And need to hear if you are using mods; NRaas MasterController could tell us more precisely what's going on with a Status report on the sim and has commands that can fix it if they shouldn't really be on paid leave.

Any chance this is intended though, as in parental (maternity) leave or there are other life-changing events taking place on this day/these days like graduations?

Without mods, if this is TS3 (only) and there being no chance that the paid leave is parental or intended for other reasons, I would suggest retreating to Edit Town, evict the household to the side of the map, copy their residential lot down to the household bin, bulldoze the original, replace it with a copy, and move them all back in without having left the screen. Sometimes that kind of reset helps shake things like this loose when they get stuck.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net