Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to marry?

I have a sim engaged to NPC. It says fiancé under his name. Their story is at 100%. Yet when I click on arch to get married it won’t let me. The option is grayed out & says sims need to be engaged first. Proposal was already successful. Anyone else running into this problem or know what’s going wrong?
Gallery : VintageSaturday // Simblr : S.E. Sims
ltx83WK.png

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'll test it in my game -- I've got my Sim and her roommate who are engaged.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • silversgsilversg Posts: 15 Member
    @vintagesaturday Are you sure your Sim's NPC fiancé isn't an elder? Does he have gray or white hair and a slightly hunched back? Sims can't marry elders. I just lost weeks of progress building my Sims' relationships with their NPC significant others because they aged to elders today (adding insult to injury, I maxed out their relationships yesterday and was planning to marry them TODAY!). Apparently, this is not considered a bug, and Technical Support wouldn't help me. How are we supposed to know when NPC Sims are going to age up? There is no way to tell in the game!

I've lost my faith and trust in the developers and Tech Support. I spent real money on this game. I am quitting.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited April 2018
    My Sim can marry an elder. You just need to click on the wedding arch. :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Assana8Assana8 Posts: 31 Member
    I would suggest not bothering with the marriage. It doesn't effect your game whether you do or not. Unless you're trying to complete a quest. In this case build a relationship with another sim and propose (or get to another proposal stage with two other sims) find out if you can marry them with the arch. If not it's a technical issue. Mine can marry fine after a proposal.
    036ae1c16dc75d087037a7af203b8877--cosima-niehaus-bbc-america.jpg
    - Don't suck on your bitter lemons, add a little sugar and make sweet lemonade.
  • Assana8Assana8 Posts: 31 Member
    I should add: two of my Sims (One was my original the other her daughter) both married NPCs so it shouldn't be a problem with your sim marrying one.
    036ae1c16dc75d087037a7af203b8877--cosima-niehaus-bbc-america.jpg
    - Don't suck on your bitter lemons, add a little sugar and make sweet lemonade.
  • silversgsilversg Posts: 15 Member
    @FreezerBunnyCowplant @Assana8 I have three played Sims, and all three were engaged to NPC Sims. Two of the NPCs aged to elders, and the option to get married on the wedding arch is now grayed out for both their played Sim fiancés. One NPC did not age, and the option to marry was still available on the arch for his fiancé. I used it and they successfully married.
  • Sickpixie13Sickpixie13 Posts: 4 New Member
    Having this problem with my sim and his gf, can't get them to get engaged. Finished the soul mates story, on level 10 but won't come up with any options to get engaged.
    Please help?
  • Sickpixie13Sickpixie13 Posts: 4 New Member
    Also forgot my other similar and her wife are married no problem but she dosnt appear to have moved in. I thought that was automatic?
    And are characters you marry unplayable?
  • BlueWizardRobBlueWizardRob Posts: 102 Member
    Also forgot my other similar and her wife are married no problem but she dosnt appear to have moved in. I thought that was automatic?
    And are characters you marry unplayable?

You have to ask them to move in and you have to have a playable sim spot open or they won't move in.
  • BitterySweetGurlBitterySweetGurl Posts: 3 New Member
    It's my first time to post here and it's kinda urgent, 4 hours to go before the quest "Cold Feet" ends. I'm having a problem with it. I can't find any option to finish that quest. I really wanna have the "Honeymoon suite" reward. Please help me ASAP
    Tnx
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    It's my first time to post here and it's kinda urgent, 4 hours to go before the quest "Cold Feet" ends. I'm having a problem with it. I can't find any option to finish that quest. I really wanna have the "Honeymoon suite" reward. Please help me ASAP
    Tnx
    Tap on the little question mark on top right of the quest and it will show you how to finish.
    [quote="RexZheng;c-16472712"][quote="BitterySweetGurl;c-16472690"]It's my first time to post here and it's kinda urgent, 4 hours to go before the quest "Cold Feet" ends. I'm having a problem with it. I can't find any option to finish that quest. I really wanna have the "Honeymoon suite" reward. Please help me ASAP
    Tnx[/quote]
    Tap on the little question mark on top right of the quest and it will show you how to finish.
    [/quote]

Umm it says to tap friends to help them from cold feet but I've tried to tap my friend and there was no option for cold feet
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited May 2018
    RexZheng wrote: »
    Tnx

Umm it says to tap friends to help them from cold feet but I've tried to tap my friend and there was no option for cold feet

Hello @BitterySweetGurl
    I found this photo on the Internet which shows the option that should appear when tapping friends

cWOwjpP.jpg

http://simsmobile.gamea.co/c/l1cl5xz6
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    Everything has changed now:
    You cannot use the wedding arch anymore. To have your sims married, you must start Here Comes the Wedding event.
    This event appears at the end of the wedding quest. If the quest is done, you can immediately start it.
    After that event, sims are married.
    Hehehehe hi again, btw tnx @rosemow for helping me with my problem. I just wanna ask if I can still have that quest again? Or can I still marry someone even I haven't finished that quest?
    Hehehehe hi again, btw tnx @rosemow for helping me with my problem. I just wanna ask if I can still have that quest again? Or can I still marry someone even I haven't finished that quest?

Hello
    Your sims can do the wedding quest again. I hope that you will be able to finish it in time the next time that you do the quest,
  • TheRealXtremeTVTheRealXtremeTV Posts: 17 Member
    Can anyone help me? My sims have completed the "tainted love" relationship story and i cannot find the propose event anywhere.
    Can anyone help me? My sims have completed the "tainted love" relationship story and i cannot find the propose event anywhere.

Hello
    If the sim is aleady married, there won’t be an option to propose. If the sim is another simmer’s sim, they may already be married in their game.
  • KelsieKelsie Posts: 2 New Member
    I finished th wedding quest and it said I was married to my partner, however when I try to get the honeymoon collection, it says I must complete the marriage quest. I'm so confused and I just wanted a bunch of time and energy to not get my prize. Someone help please!!!!
    Kelsie wrote: »
    I finished th wedding quest and it said I was married to my partner, however when I try to get the honeymoon collection, it says I must complete the marriage quest. I'm so confused and I just wanted a bunch of time and energy to not get my prize. Someone help please!!!!

Hello
    Try checking in the storage inventory to see if the honeymoon collection items may already have been placed there. The game may have automatically placed them there.
  • Geshisa47Geshisa47 Posts: 60 Member
    A lot of people are having issues when you try to move in or marry an NPC .... you may have a level 8 in a storyline, but no option may not appear for a proposal or to move in cause their maybe a bug. I heard that the creator already knows of this situation. I had three of my own sims that were in relationships with NPC sims in the game and all had no menu options to move in or marry. I have never seen a menu option for Cold Feet.

I hope that options will appear with a fix in an update and soon.
    TTKIncorporated
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited June 2018
    @TTKINCORPORATED have you done the marriage quest? Do you on the arch, flowers etc and have them placed on your lot? My sim just married an NPC at level 6. She proposed at level 5 . They are only at the beginning of level 7 in their now marriage . They have a child too. I was able to move him in as soon as they got married.

Level 8 move in request may be for player owned sims
    I have done the marriage quest and have all items from it and yes I have the wedding arch and flowers. But when I click on it.. I get a message that says .. "What to look or smell the flowers." No option at all for marriage. No proposal option arise either. I may give up on the NPC sims relationships cause I never see options for them to move in etc, and all the ones I dated never had grey hair or be walking old either.
    TTKIncorporated
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @TTKINCORPORATED I would contact an EA adviser and maybe they can help you fix your account.

You would have to do mean interactions to break up with that sim so your sim could marry another
    I have multiple times to get my account fix and still have the issues
    TTKIncorporated