Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Expansion Pack announcement at Gamescom 2018?

jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
What do you think?

Every year they’ve announced an EP at Gamescom (except City Living was moved forward due to the leaks from memory).

Remember, it’s just the announcement, we may not get an EP till Nov/Dec.

Do you think they’ll have an EP to announce in August at Gamescom?
Post edited by jackjack_k on

New Expansion Pack announcement at Gamescom 2018? 140 votes

Nope, too soon!
32%
LeGardePourpreErpeIceyJTheLibrarySimCynnafriendlysimmersDJQ1308drake_mccartyluthienrisingjaymancrazsdhoeytinaestellespice3elelunicyElenPinkEmmaVaneSajahiannaliese39SavvySimmiecheifeagleeye 45 votes
Yep, and it will be released in a similar timeframe to Seasons.
7%
stilljustme2taydevChadSims2Pamtastic72MinguisseFlyLe0HeartcomicsforlifeStormsviewTS1299prism_popROSEBUDALY 11 votes
Yep, but it will be a few months till we get details.
23%
AlrynnANNETTE1951IObellecatloverplayerDarcVader1Lizzychicagoashcrash19bevilleRamblineRoseZeldaboy180BEATRAULrambahadoerayyitsmellAlbaWaterhousemariajane216rhysbarrett8kaanvardar99puertoricanthangInternal_Chaosjackjack_k 33 votes
Nope, but they’ll announce a Game Pack instead.
33%
JeandjacquelynstewaprilroseMadameLeeJessa_DakkarVibseWritin_RegjustChrisUkIrdiwensimgirl1010Moon_Willowmock68moony21JennyggSim2SporeCeCeDotmikawagdoogerieXxAirixXTrashmagic 47 votes
Nope, but I’ll put money on a Sims 4 spin off for an Xmas release
2%
SimburianBagoas77EnkiSchmidtSultanCanAli 4 votes

Comments

• jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    There was a buzz going around that they released Seasons now to clear room for a spin off later this year, so I made that an option but I feel like the Sims team are 100% committed to The Sims 4, and won’t play with spin offs until we’re coming into the last year or so of TS4 (like Castaway, Bustin Out and The Urbz).
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Where is this buzz about a spin off? I've seen absolutely nothing about this.

They'e just released both the mobile and console and yes those games are run by different teams but it feels like their plate is already super full and I think that adding a spin off at this time would be way too much in too short a time frame.

I also don't think we're getting another EP this year. I say a Witches GP for fall and they might not announce anything Sims related at Gamescon at all. Just because EA is going to be there doesn't mean that The Sims is going to have something happen for it. As a community we really need to stop getting all excited and rilled up for announcements/that something is going to happen until we actually have proof that something is going to happen/be announced.
    ~ ~ ~
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Nope, too soon!
    Too early, especially since they could announce EP just one month early like Seasons was. If a new EP comes out in November they could just announce it October.

My bet is that nothing is going to be announced at Gamescome. GPs are way too small to be announced at such events.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited June 2018
    Nope, too soon!
    About TS3, EP07 Supernatural was announced in June and EP08 Seasons in August.

But The Sims 4 isn't The Sims 3, before they must release a Game Pack and several Stuff Packs.
    The time between each EP is about 7-12 months, December (6 months after EP05 Seasons) would be surprising but it may be possible.

Basegame
    <- 7 months ->
    EP01 Get To Work
    <- 8 months ->
    EP02 Get Together
    <- 11 months ->
    EP03 City Living
    <- 12 months ->
    EP04 Cats & Dogs
    <- 7 months ->
    EP05 Seasons
    <- 7-9 months ??? ->
    EP06, First quarter 2019
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Nope, too soon!
    Last time they announced an EP at Gamescom we didn't get it for four months and that was really frustrating to players. So I think that even if there's going to be a second EP this year, it won't be announced till September or October.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • kaitlyn0kaitlyn0 Posts: 512 Member
    I think that it's more likely that they will announce a new GP versus an EP.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I really don’t know
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited June 2018
    Yep, and it will be released in a similar timeframe to Seasons.
    I expect a expansion in time for Christmas sales so I'm going to have to go with yeah they will announce it at Gamescon. The hard expansions are out of the way now with Seasons and Cats and Dogs complete I expect expansions to come faster now. If you look at all the other years beyond the first with one not coming out right after the base game and with its price it was most likely a lot of kids Christmas gift a expansion has always dropped out in time for Christmas sales. Will this be the first not to I doubt it.
    Post edited by ChadSims2 on
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    edited June 2018
    Nope, too soon!
    Note:

It's COM not CON... like Community or Communication. Games Convention was another event which stopped in 2010.

gamesc10.png
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Nope, too soon!
    I voted a bit too fast because EA very likely will release a GP (and an SP) later this year. I don’t know though if the GP will be announced at Gamescom or not.
  • John_SalonicaJohn_Salonica Posts: 353 Member
    I hope that they will! Most players want more expansion packs instead of stuff packs and game packs.
    xyIcMqt.png
    Nope, too soon!
    @Erpe

The question is EP at Gamescom, not GP
    And I voted “Nope, too soon”. But maybe I should have chosen the option “Nope, but they will announce a GP instead”.

I just voted before I saw the second option. But I actually still don’t know which of those two options that I would have chosen anyway :)
    edited June 2018
    Nope, too soon!
    @Erpe

Hmmm... a GP is announced 2 weeks before the release date. I think the next GP will be released in November.

Gamescom 2018 is on Tuesday, August 21
    Nope, too soon!
    @Erpe

Hmmm... a GP is announced 2 weeks before the release date. I think the next GP will be released in November.

I can’t guess that because things are not normal just now. I think that Seasons was made ready to be released before the GP because EA is preparing an announcement about TS5 being released next year and it was important for EA to tell people that TS4 still will get packs for years. But does that mean that the next GP also will be released before the next SP?
  • John_SalonicaJohn_Salonica Posts: 353 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    @Erpe

I can’t guess that because things are not normal just now. I think that Seasons was made ready to be released before the GP because EA is preparing an announcement about TS5 being released next year and it was important for EA to tell people that TS4 still will get packs for years. But does that mean that the next GP also will be released before the next SP?

They said that this is not the last expansion pack which means sims 4 is not done. What makes you think ts5 will be announce next year ?? (just asking, i would love that tbh )
    xyIcMqt.png
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    I doubt we will get another EP this year. I would love it though. I hope we get a GP at the very least. I haven't heard anything about a spinoff but I don't think I will be interested.
    Nope, too soon!
    @Erpe

They said that this is not the last expansion pack which means sims 4 is not done. What makes you think ts5 will be announce next year ?? (just asking, i would love that tbh )
    I have explained this several times. But my points mainly are:
    1. EA needs to release a new Sims game every 5 years or EA will lose a whole generation of new young simmers (maybe about 11 to 15 years old) who want to start playing (and now likely already have tried the Sims Mobile). The reason is that they need their parents to pay for the game and all the huge number of packs. But if they start now the parents will tell them to find a cheaper game or to just play the Sims Mobile and the Sims Freeplay instead. Parents don’t like their kids to start playing a game that already have so many packs as TS4 has now.
    2. EA has always released a new big Sims game every 5 yrs even though it has cost them more than half of the current simmers every time. This shows that for EA it is much more important to have a Sims game that can attract new simmers than it is to keep the current simmers.
    3. A lot of gurus recently for no apparent reason went to twitter just to guarantee that TS4 will get many more packs. Grant even very unusually said that he expect to make packs for TS4 for years. But both Grant and all the other gurus have for a mysterious reason avoided to say that TS5 won’t be released in the next couple of years even though that would have been a much easier way to tell people the same - unless EA actually plans to release TS5 but to make more packs for TS4 anyway.

This shows me two things:
    1. TS5 will likely be announced very soon and released either late in 2019 or very early in 2020. This announcement is even the likely reason that all those gurus suddenly were sent to twitter to prepare the announcement of TS5 by explaining that TS4 won’t end anyway.
    2. TS5 will almost certainly be an online multiplayer game because otherwise EA wouldn’t likely have planned to release packs for TS4 even after the release of TS5. But EA prepared multiplayer already for TS4 but omitted it because it needed more work if it shouldn’t give the same problems as the SimCity 2013 got into. But EA usually doesn’t give up and doesn’t like to let some work go to waste. Therefore I am quite sure that EA now is ready to let TS5 become a multiplayer game just like most of EA’s other big PC games are.
    Nope, too soon!
    @Erpe

The past is not the present, @Erpe . Honestly, I don't know anymore if you aren't just trolling.

And just throwing this out here while I'm here for the "diverse" part:
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Nope, too soon!
    @Erpe

The past is not the present, @Erpe . Honestly, I don't know anymore if you aren't just trolling.

And just throwing this out here while I'm here for the "diverse" part:
    I know all this. TS4 will continue. But why did he go to twitter in the first place just for some mysterious reason use a lot of time just to tell us that TS4 isn’t over when nobody expected it to be?

And why did he avoid to tell us that TS4 will be EAs main Sims game for a couple of years more because TS5 is at least that far away?

His actions are suspicious and so is the way he avoids mentioning TS5. And I have never believed that EA should be ready to lose millions of new young simmers by not releasing a new big Sims game every 5 years and suddenly be satisfied just with earning less and less from making packs for an old game to satisfy the minority of veteran simmers in this forum (which EA clearly cares less about than about twitter)!

So you can’t convince me that EA isn’t ready to announce TS5 this summer as a multiplayer game even though EA also plans to release more packs for TS4 even after the release of TS5 (maybe under a different name)!
    edited June 2018
    Nope, too soon!
    @Erpe, he did tell us that TS4 will be EAs main Sims game for years longer. That is what all those tweets add up to.

As for what he's doing on Twitter, it is almost entirely answering Seasons questions and talking to Simmers about desired future Sims 4 content. It's all there - you're welcome to read it yourself. There are also fun conversations about great world cities and how pineapple really does belong on pizza.

As for TS5 "under a different name", why wouldn't that mythical creature actually be the mobile Sims game they already just released recently? How would you know it's not actually your "TS5"? TS5 could be right under your nose this whole time. ;)
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Nope, too soon!
    Now think about it, why isn’t “Nope, but they’ll announce TS5 instead” an option in the OP? We all know there are people who are convinced TS5 is going to be announced soon (such as @Erpe ). By not including this option, @jackjack_k you might hurt their feelings ;)
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    When is Gamescom?
    Nope, too soon!
    @Erpe, he did tell us that TS4 will be EAs main Sims game for years longer. That is what all those tweets add up to.
    No, that is your wishful interpretation of what he said. I know that I can’t convince TS4 lovers who never want TS5 to ever be released :)
    As for what he's doing on Twitter, it is almost entirely answering Seasons questions and talking to Simmers about desired future Sims 4 content. It's all there - you're welcome to read it yourself. There are also fun conversations about great world cities and how pineapple really does belong on pizza.
    I have read it all. But you again just ignore the fact that he went on twitter before Seasons even had been announced just like the other gurus and only to tell us that “TS4 is far from over!” The gurus repeated that again and again and they do it again immediately if somebody asks about it. But they don’t mention TS5 and they refuse to tell us anything about how far away it is.
    As for TS5 "under a different name", why wouldn't that mythical creature actually be the mobile Sims game they already just released recently? How would you know it's not actually your "TS5"? TS5 could be right under your nose this whole time. ;)
    What you ignore here is that EA makes games to earn money. Therefore you think that EA doesn’t care about losing half of its income from PC games and just wants to please the few thousand simmers who still play the current PC game after having played almost all the earlier Sims games too since TS1 was released in 2000.

But imagine EA’s CEO trying to explain that to EA’s stock holders by telling them that “Yes, our income from the big PC Sims game has gone down and the new packs sell a little less than earlier. But they are still profitable and we plan to just making more packs for TS4 as long as they are. Only then will we start considering if we should make TS5 too.” He would then be attacked with questions from the stock holders and in the end some of them would suggest that they hire a new CEO for EA (and maybe should replace some other people in EA’s top too)! Therefore things don’t work that way! EA’s top want to fight for their jobs and also to increase their big salaries which depend heavily on EA’s economical results!

The PC game earns many times more money to EA than the free mobile Sims games do. Just add the price of the basegame to the total price for all the packs and multiply it with the estimated number of customers (maybe about 6 million for the basegame and a couple of millions for each pack). Then you will know why the PC game is so extremely important to EA and why it has been such a hard struggle for EA to find a way to earn just a little money from the mobile Sims games and the Sims games for consoles too! And you will also understand why EA just refuses to make the Sims Mobile and/or the Sims Freeplay available for Windows and Mac too even though a lot of other free mobile games are available in such versions too because EA don’t want any PC simmers to choose to play a free Sims game instead! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top