Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    So many cute cottages! I'm in love.

Related things I've worked on lately and could borrow from - plus everyone's inspiring creativity - have convinced me to come out of the woodwork. Expect to see a submission from me for this one.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @cwaddell: I already commented in your thread, but I love this cottage! Downloaded, rec'd and faved!

@aricarai: Oh my, what lovely curb appeal! I hope you finish it so we will all get to download it!

So many beautiful fairy tale cottages being built for this, and that's my favorite style! I'm in love! <3

@Kgaff: Oh, Peanuts! That's a buydebug of one of the sculptures you can make using the sculpting station. I wouldn't have thought of that!

@suzses: If you build something for this, it will be fabulous, as everything you make is. I look forward to seeing it!
  • mederouinmederouin Posts: 67 Member

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM No.202: A Fairy Tale Cottage

NAME: Mederouin

LINK TO LOT: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9218172

LINK TO MEDIA: https://imgur.com/a/GG7mjjA

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A

LEVEL: Advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30X30; 2300 Pinochle Point; Final Cost: 20,000

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: For this build I wanted to build something that resembled a tutor cottage with a picturesque landscape. I wanted the landscape to be something that looked too perfectly sculpted to be natural, but also to look like it was intended to seem natural with the little pond and the tree in the center island that would make a perfect reading spot. For the inside I wanted to go with something that reminded me of a vacation cottage with hand me down furniture and random forgotten knickknacks just left behind. I wanted it to feel cozy and kind of simple, like it was always meant to fit into the landscape. Hope you enjoy.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, Please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A
    “As an architect you design for the present with an awareness of the past for a future which is essentially unknown”
    -Herman Foster
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @mederouin Oh how cute! I love the blue door, and the meandering little stream/pond. The inside has a very cottagey layout, I don't know if that even makes sense but I just really like how it flows and the way the rooms are set up. :)
    edited May 2018
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #202 - A Fairy Tale Cottage

NAME: suzses

LINK TO LOT: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9218344 <--Slightly modified version of my lot with wall closed off between bedroom and bath and arch added.

LINK TO MEDIA: https://flic.kr/s/aHskBrBVoL

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE:
    Media: https://flic.kr/s/aHskyrc3rM
    Link (household): https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9218319

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20 x 15 custom lot between corporate tower and criminal warehouse in Sunset Valley - cost 19,959.

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: I wanted to be able to use some nice furniture and decor so chose to build a small structure on a very small custom placed lot located between the corporate tower and criminal warehouse rabbit hole, just off a pathway. It's somewhat hidden between trees and the other buildings, so it would be kind of a surprise to discover if you were walking along the path. Unfortunately, it was also very difficult to take pictures at that location, so I placed a copy of the lot elsewhere and took some of the pictures there. Nothing about the actual lot is different; it's just moved somewhere where it was somewhat easier to maneuver the camera.

The interior rooms of the house are not completely closed off from each other, so there are openings from the living room to bedroom to bathroom. This is fine for a single sim or a couple as long as they don't have company and someone needs to use the restroom. :o When considering whether to upload this lot, I thought perhaps it would be better to do a slightly different version of it with the bathroom closed off from the rest of the house. I thought I'd put up a link to that version once it's uploaded.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

41322305835_8a279d7fff_c.jpgStorybookFront (1) by Sue H, on Flickr

40455023350_d193d6c73b_c.jpgLouiseInGarden by Sue H, on Flickr

Post edited by suzses on
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    suzses wrote: »
    So many cute cottages! I'm in love.

Related things I've worked on lately and could borrow from - plus everyone's inspiring creativity - have convinced me to come out of the woodwork. Expect to see a submission from me for this one.

Welcome - glad you came out of the woodwork! What a lovely cottage :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited May 2018
    What a great place @suzses! I love that soft brick and those pretty windows as well as the landscaping. I also like the way you did the curtains over the "doorways". Sometimes I use MOO to place an archway where I didn't place walls. I wonder if that would help in privacy. Interesting. Now I'll have to find out!

I also love a lot of your patterns on things, clothes included! Such nice detailing. It's often a challenge to get those patterns to center appropriately. Really nice job!

Interesting landscaping and roof @mederouin.
    I added the download link for my lot to my submission. The only real change is that I closed off the wall between the bedroom and bath and added an arch there (along with the original curtain).
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @mederouin : Love the sculpted terrain and the meandering creek. What a great idea! The blue door and mailbox are a nice touch; just a pop of color that adds to the curb appeal. I love the shape of the house as well. Wow, you did some interesting things, and it looks great!

@suzses: I was trying to figure out what you meant about having company, then I looked over the pictures again. I hadn't noticed the first time that you hadn't closed off the rooms; like Ciane, I'm wondering what effect using an archway without closing the room off would have with the shooing. I absolutely love the way you did the decor and furniture. The soft greens all the way through helped to give that whole story book feel. I also love that landscaping. What a nice pond for a Sim to have!
    @suzses Omg I love everything about your little cottage <3 And a rain barrel! :open_mouth: I am stealing that, it is perfect!
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    This was a fun challenge and so many cute cottages came from it!

@cwaddell I already commented on your thread but I do like that cottage, a lot!! :)

@Mederouin I think my favorite part of your cottage is the way you used the roofing! I have been trying to use roofing more and you just gave me some more ideas to try! I also love the blue door :)

@suzses Your cottage is adorable! I really love the colors and the landscaping. I must try to layer the plants like you do, it makes it so much more interesting.

Got you all rec'd, faved and in my own little world. Love them all :)
    Don't forget the current challenge closes tonight.....
    GArBA5W.jpg
    5nd1sli.png

Some really great entries this time around!!
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited June 2018
    nrMxwDI.pngf0QDFrV.pngoPsl3Pc.pngf0QDFrV.pngAz4BO1v.pngf0QDFrV.pngqkXexiw.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    aFOorsX.jpg

“I’m getting hungry!” Rose says to you, even though it is only an hour after you’ve both had lunch.

“Huh?” you respond.

“Your two o’clock appointment: they're both renowned chefs,” she winks.

You have been looking forward to meeting this husband and wife team, who are opening a new restaurant in Sunset Valley. When Tiàowu Songshu and Clotilde St. Honoré walk in, you are struck by what an elegant pair they make.

“We met in Paris,” Clotilde tells you, “when Tiàowu was studying at the Cordon Bleu. I had a little pâtisserie in Caen and had come into town for the day. I won’t say it was love at first sight, but rather love at first bite. I knew I wanted this man the moment I tasted his rice flour crêpes filled with five-spice pork!”

“And she had me the first time I tasted her tarte Tatin,” her husband laughs.

“So what kind of restaurant are you looking to open,” you say, getting down to business.

“A pan-Asian fusion restaurant. We want to serve the best of Asia and Europe combined!” Tiàowu says enthusiastically.

“Of course, all the desserts will be French,” Clotilde inserts.

“Sounds wonderful!” you say. “What will you call it?”

Tiàowu answers, “Clotilde suggested ‘The King and Pie’, but Thai is only one of the Asian cuisines we will be referencing in the menu. So we’re open to suggestions.”

You discuss the budget and details and work out a building schedule.

“We’re eager to open up!” Clotilde tells you as the couple leaves.

“And I guarantee I’ll be your first customer!” you reply.

“Not if I get there before you do!” Rose interjects.

THE BRIEF:

Lot: Any 30x40 lot in Sunset Valley (can be custom placed)

Architecture/Interior style: let the menu inspire your choices—a sophisticated combination of Asian and European influences!

Minimum requirements:

• kitchen (counter, stove or chef station, refrigerator, dishwasher and sink)
    • tables and seating for at least 10 people
    • host station (this will require some creative thinking)
    • clearing area (again, think outside the box)
    • 2 toilets
    • customer waiting area
    • waste disposal

BUDGET: §80,000

The deadline for this challenge is 30th June 2018 ** [no later than 23:59:59 EDT/New York Time]
    5ZgkRIL.png
    Dm5g7dk.png

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    Ooooh! I'm intrigued! I need more practice with community lots. I do have a question, @BuildnShare what do you mean by "clearing area"? I have zero experience with restaurants (other than eating in them :D )
    edited June 2018
    @Kesminlix Not restaurant experienced either, but I think it's an area to take dishes, etc., when staff cleans off the tables. If not, I need some clarification on that, too.

My brain is going in about a 1,000 directions thinking of ideas for this. I'm excited but wondering if I'll ever be able to pull together something cohesive.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member
    There's no way to place a dishwasher on a community lot :/ Is there anything we should put in its place, or just skip it?
    edited June 2018
    @paneinger -- you don't have to make this a community lot, it can be residential to allow you to place the dishwasher.

@suzses and @Kesminlix - a clearing area is exactly what it sounds like, a place for wait staff to clear off plates etc before heading back to the kitchen.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    YEW12tS.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    ATTENTION ADVANCED ENTRANTS FOR #BnS202 - A Fairy Tale Cottage

Your results are now available here

GArBA5W.jpg
    Wr2hKWH.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    ATTENTION INTERMEDIATE ENTRANTS FOR #BnS202 - A Fairy Tale Cottage

Your results are now available here
    GArBA5W.jpg
    I know there are those who lurk and those who might not share, even if they do attempt the challenge. My role is to show you that you can be much more creative than I! Here's my attempt this month:

https://2sim3.wordpress.com/other/bns/pp

I know you can do better. I am waiting to see what you do!

I spent exactly 80k. I put in the trash chutes, but then I added a trash compactor and couldn't delete the trash chutes. (I'll have to see if I can delete them during play with NRaas debugging.) Also, I didn't add a regular stove or a dishwasher. (I'm pretending that the smaller section of the fancy double ovens is a dishwasher!)
    @ciane Awesome!! I fear this may be the first BnS since I started that I don't think I'll complete! Just plain running out of time :(
    edited June 2018
    Aw, too many summer distractions?

P.s. I was able to get rid of the trash chutes with NRaas. I put them into the family inventory and then sold everything in there. :smiley:

Unfortunately, I haven't playtested the lot yet. My sims have other wishes that have kept me busy. Maybe tomorrow.
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited June 2018

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #203 - East Meets West

NAME: Kgaff

LINK TO LOT: not downloaded

LINK TO MEDIA: https://www.flickr.com/photos/154029363@N06/albums/72157692614680880

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x40, no address I bulldozed something and don't remember, $79,987

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: My restaurant is named Le Petit Chopstick, an Asian fusion restaurant with touches of the french countryside.

The main theme is obviously of Asian influence with the color palette and decor, but if you look closely there are touches of the french side as well. The awnings over the bakery and the dessert bar and the lighting choices in the bar and dining room are defiantly french inspired.

The bar area has decor that melds the Asian and french influences with soft lighting and French and Asian decor.

Diners have the choice of seating at a sushi bar or one of the more intimate tables for two or four. There are views of the koi pond out front or the action kitchen to watch your entrees being made.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (limit 2)

28154754207_4206c5377a_z.jpg

28154754057_d5d78944bf_z.jpg
    Post edited by Kgaff on
    @ciane lol something like that. Garden is in full swing which takes a lot of attention. Cat tore his acl! Some home improvement projects desperately need attention (like, y'know, digging up the septic tank...) and it just seems that every time I think I'll have a few minutes to play something else eats it up. :dizzy:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top