Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    @Bugsie2016 @Busufu Thanks, I'll add it at the top. :)
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    edited June 2018
    @Bugsie2016 pictures in spoiler
    Zod69xv.png
    This one is Queen Cupcake.
    Bg420na.png
    and this one is Archimedes
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • RockannieRockannie Posts: 219 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    @Bugsie2016 pictures in spoiler
    Zod69xv.png
    This one is Queen Cupcake.
    Bg420na.png
    and this one is Archimedes

Awww what adorable little kitties
    I've got to make an adoption center place. What are those things called? xD But those are adoptable kittens that Bugsie and Cog may be adopting if they're interested.
    And my darn Cat just had her third litter last night in my game play. So I have to put that one up for adoption soon as well. xD I didn't want that many kittens in the house, since there can really only be one pet per sim per the rules. I really need to just neuter her because she keeps running off with the same he cat and making babies.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I've got to make an adoption center place. What are those things called? xD But those are adoptable kittens that Bugsie and Cog may be adopting if they're interested.
    And my darn Cat just had her third litter last night in my game play. So I have to put that one up for adoption soon as well. xD I didn't want that many kittens in the house, since there can really only be one pet per sim per the rules. I really need to just neuter her because she keeps running off with the same he cat and making babies.

if you know that why do you let her run off? :)
    edited June 2018
    Because both cats live on the lot and I can't stop her. I've not had an autonomous litter in the game until her. She's madly in love with her man cat.

Also when i try to take her to the vet i have to try 6 or 7 times because she's like "Nope! I ain't going and you can't make me!"
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Because both cats live on the lot and I can't stop her. I've not had an autonomous litter in the game until her. She's madly in love with her man cat.

Also when i try to take her to the vet i have to try 6 or 7 times because she's like "Nope! I ain't going and you can't make me!"

You could always neuter him...
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

i have the same problem with alana aydens sister. i had this whole backstory planned out in my head then she jumped on him when they met.

she stubborn and strong willed.
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    I need some ideas:

What are three good traits to mix together to create dysfunctionality? :grimace:
    I need three for a grandmother, mother, and twin son and daughter. It’s going to be for an ISBI where the son is the only one controlled and telling his story.

Received some good suggestions. Accepting more ideas. :)
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Karilan wrote: »
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Seasons Gameplay Trailer is out!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il9mN_Hv4RM

What do you guys think? I'm sure the rest of the sims forums have allllll the hate ready :lol: But I think it looks wonderful! I hope they added slow dancing, like they did in TS3, it would go great with Love Day.

@Bugsie2016 Good luck with your exams, then. :smile: Meanwhile, I might go and try to catch up on your stories, in case the reading circle gets restarted one day, haha.

I REALLY hope they've added slow dancing, or any kind of couples dancing.

YESSS! I miss the slow dancing from sims 3

I want "scope room"! :)

Yes, please! It can mess up your dream couples so nicely! :lol: Back in TS2 times, I was always like, I can imagine X with him or him, until X scoped the room and ended up with a girl! I miss learning about this aspect of my sims in TS4.

This was a thing? They could choose on site who they wanted to flirt with? That's so cool!

Yes! You could scope the room anytime and a portrait of whoever your sim considered the most attractive person in the room would appear in their thought bubble surrounded by hearts. (Or by crossed out hearts, if they found someone unattractive.)

TS2N_AskLike.jpg

It was based on the chemistry system that came with nightlife EP, I think. I wish they added something like that to TS4.

I feel that Sims4 does have a hidden attraction system-- @Jes2G wrote in one of her discussion posts when her story was featured in Book Week that she feels so, too--but it doesn't show us through "heart-farting" and other obvious displays about the attraction. We have to watch and figure it out through body language, thought bubbles, and so on...

Oh, definitely! It's subtle, but it's there. Maybe you remember Eira and Adrian in my legacy - I've never had doubts about their attraction, it was palpable :lol: But not all TS4 sims are like that. Often, it requires a lot of sim-watching to find out who they like. You have to really pay attention to catch the clues, watch them who they interact with and how, sometimes it's literally just about them looking at this other sim a certain way... And while that's all fun, it's also hard to do if you have for example, eight sims in a household. You can' possibly watch them all.

So that's why I sometimes wish for more obvieous attraction system :smile:
    @friendsfan367 sometimes these sims just have a mind of their own. xD darn them!

I could neuter him! There's an idea. xD
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    should an evil castle have ivy growning on it or would that be more of an abandon castle?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Themummyof4Themummyof4 Posts: 53 Member
    Does anyone know the riles about publishing SimLit?? I know at amazon you can self publish in kindle, and sell the book for about £0.99, I was just wondering...??
    MadameLee wrote: »
    should an evil castle have ivy growning on it or would that be more of an abandon castle?

Evil castle as well, it would look darker, more menacing...could be Poison Ivy, leaving people with a rash...
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Does anyone know the riles about publishing SimLit?? I know at amazon you can self publish in kindle, and sell the book for about £0.99, I was just wondering...??

Simlit Rules. Erm, well publishing it. I publish on my wordpress site(s) and use 'posts' for each chapter. It makes it free for people to read and you aren't breaking any possible EA rules for how you use the game. (There are probably some on not using it commercially without permission but I'm not going into that as I don't know)

There is really only one rule on what is classed as simlit...if it contains sims pics (or contains references to sims places or based on things that happen in a sims game) then it counts as simlit.
  • TempestariiTempestarii Posts: 41 Member
    Hey guys! I haven't been around in ages because I'm feeling super discouraged in my Sims writing right now. The latest update I've been working on for 3 IRL weeks. It and the next few episodes are waaay off my usual style in that they're almost entirely prewritten. Normally I let gameplay lead and just nudge things in the right direction, or spin a coherent scene to tie together different events, but in order to get certain plot points established I am having to do a lot of staging and set-up. I'm not finding it terribly fun and it has me kinda considering giving up writing the story and just continuing gameplay. The biggest issue is my gameplay went a little beyond where it needed to before I realized I needed to play catch-up plotwise (i.e., I figured out where I wanted the plot to go) and now I'm worried about my Sims aging while I'm trying to get these scenes done.

I'm also trying to adhere to Legacy rules, but I'm in a direct conflict here. The best way for me to do this would be to turn off aging long enough to get the scenes done and get the story caught up, but that's against Legacy rules. At the same time, I don't think it's violating the spirit of the rules because I'm not doing it to get an unfair advantage. I know most aren't fussing with the rules much, but I generally like following them. It's just proving tough in this case.

What do you all think?

Additionally, I feel like my style/approach to writing has bounced around so much that there's pretty much no chance anyone is going to be able to stay interested. Some nice simmers have hung with me (thanks, @Jessicthulhu!) but I do a lot of experimenting. I don't mind not having a lot of readers. I'd keep writing anyway. I just question the value of going above and beyond for these episodes that it's entirely possible are going to go pretty much unnoticed, if that makes sense. Like, I could write a summary post of off-screen action and then continue with gameplay screens and writing around those and it would be easier. But probably not as much fun for other people to read! So I'm conflicted.

Have also thought about just continuing this as an unwritten legacy and doing a different sort of story to post without the Legacy restrictions, but I hate producing yet another legacy story that goes nowhere.

I'm sorry I wrote a novel! :weary: I miss hanging around more (there were 800 unread posts here when I logged on!) but have had all my Sims and Sims-related time consumed with trying to get this darn thing put together.

Advice, thoughts, hugs, and/or commiseration all appreciated!
    Scylla Word-Eater | specialties: dark and stormy nights, devouring of souls, and ridiculous fiction
    ZYaRX3w.png
    The Angeline Legacy
    Updated 7/11
    Thanks, yes, I follow the Sims Mobile very closely in my stories, which I post on my wordpress site almost every day, but I'm coming to the end of a generation, which is about 20+ chapters, and was wondering about making it into a published book...
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    Thanks, yes, I follow the Sims Mobile very closely in my stories, which I post on my wordpress site almost every day, but I'm coming to the end of a generation, which is about 20+ chapters, and was wondering about making it into a published book...

@Themummyof4 If you want to make it into a published book which you are going to charge money for you may need to adapt some things before hand. I don't know the specifics about the actual laws but there likely would be some restrictions on selling and making money off of something which blatantly uses content/aspects of the sims IP.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Karilan wrote: »
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Seasons Gameplay Trailer is out!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il9mN_Hv4RM

What do you guys think? I'm sure the rest of the sims forums have allllll the hate ready :lol: But I think it looks wonderful! I hope they added slow dancing, like they did in TS3, it would go great with Love Day.

@Bugsie2016 Good luck with your exams, then. :smile: Meanwhile, I might go and try to catch up on your stories, in case the reading circle gets restarted one day, haha.

I REALLY hope they've added slow dancing, or any kind of couples dancing.

YESSS! I miss the slow dancing from sims 3

I want "scope room"! :)

Yes, please! It can mess up your dream couples so nicely! :lol: Back in TS2 times, I was always like, I can imagine X with him or him, until X scoped the room and ended up with a girl! I miss learning about this aspect of my sims in TS4.

This was a thing? They could choose on site who they wanted to flirt with? That's so cool!

Yes! You could scope the room anytime and a portrait of whoever your sim considered the most attractive person in the room would appear in their thought bubble surrounded by hearts. (Or by crossed out hearts, if they found someone unattractive.)

TS2N_AskLike.jpg

It was based on the chemistry system that came with nightlife EP, I think. I wish they added something like that to TS4.

I feel that Sims4 does have a hidden attraction system-- @Jes2G wrote in one of her discussion posts when her story was featured in Book Week that she feels so, too--but it doesn't show us through "heart-farting" and other obvious displays about the attraction. We have to watch and figure it out through body language, thought bubbles, and so on...

Oh, definitely! It's subtle, but it's there. Maybe you remember Eira and Adrian in my legacy - I've never had doubts about their attraction, it was palpable :lol: But not all TS4 sims are like that. Often, it requires a lot of sim-watching to find out who they like. You have to really pay attention to catch the clues, watch them who they interact with and how, sometimes it's literally just about them looking at this other sim a certain way... And while that's all fun, it's also hard to do if you have for example, eight sims in a household. You can' possibly watch them all.

So that's why I sometimes wish for more obvieous attraction system :smile:

I agree! And the advantage (for me) with "scope room" was that a) it triggered attraction, since if no romantic interactions are done, the Sim may never feel romantic attraction (which I why my games tend to be full of aro-aces--not complaining, just saying! :) ) and b) it lets you know their orientation without having to wait forever! :)

I loved it and used it all the time in TS2.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I need some ideas:

What are three good traits to mix together to create dysfunctionality? :grimace:
    I need three for a grandmother, mother, and twin son and daughter. It’s going to be for an ISBI where the son is the only one controlled and telling his story.

Received some good suggestions. Accepting more ideas. :)

I've had great luck with goofball, loner, and genius! :) Or goofball, loner, confident. Goofball + Loner + anything seems to result in a lot of awkwardness (which feels a bit true-to-life for me! ).
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    I need some ideas:

Apparently hot-headed gets my Sims into trouble. :#

Jealous and romantic are an intriguing combination. I think someone already mentioned that. Unflirty and perfectionist are good for dysfunction too I find, especially when you mix it with gloomy or hot-headed because then they grow uber sad or uber angry about their inability to flirt or do things right. Squeamish, perfectionist, and neat in a dirty, messy setting also causes stress for Sims.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Guys, sometimes I really hate wearing heels. Like when you have to climb stairs in them.
    ...or stand on a concrete floor for several hours with them. :#

I do actually like wearing heels, just not when I need to stand for awhile or walk a long distance in them.
    i'm going to try and write today. i think i did the exact thing i said i wouldn't . i ran away because of a spammer.

Ignore the spammers, @friendsfan367. They aren't worth it. :) Hugs.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @Shadami to be fair I'm probably overselling the idea but I will definitely mention it here when it releases :smile:

@simscognito You will be one of the first to know :smiley:

Really? Woohoo! So excited. XD

no whooo involves something else . :)

:D

Maybe if the woo involves Akira and Riley... :p
    05-20-18_3-04-47c2a0pm.png?w=1075

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    @Shadami to be fair I'm probably overselling the idea but I will definitely mention it here when it releases :smile:

@simscognito You will be one of the first to know :smiley:

Really? Woohoo! So excited. XD

no whooo involves something else . :)

:D

Maybe if the woo involves Akira and Riley... :p
    05-20-18_3-04-47c2a0pm.png?w=1075

I support that! XD

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file