Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any ideas on how this route is working for TS3? (technical question)

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
I first wanted to say that I wanted to put this question in the area where you ask about technical issues, but for some reason I just can't seem to find that forum.

I just got connected back on to the internet after a year. While I was disconnected I ended up having to unstall all my sims games (2,3, and 4) each had their own seperate issues that required the internet to solve. Now on to my Sims 3 question.

I have every single Sims 3 EPs and SPs on disk. But when I attempted to install by disk I ran into problems of the game not playing. So now I am installing them from my Origin account (digitally downloading my games). I have tested it with one of my EPs, installed it, and it is playing just fine.

My question is why when I attempted to install by disk, it wouldn't play, but when I digitally installed my game it plays. Why? Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    If you'd like, you can flag your post and ask the moderators to move it to the Technical Discussions section of the Help Center (the category right under General Discussion in the Sims 3 section). You wouldn't be penalized for flagging your own post in this way.

I can think of a couple of reasons why you couldn't install and play with discs. But the cause will depend on your computer's specs. If you could list those, the people with more technical expertise than I have will be able to give you a better idea of what might be going on, and what, if anything, you can do about it.

Also, I hope you cleaned your registry (PC) or did a manual uninstall (mac) before reinstalling through Origin. Remnants of a previous install could give you trouble if you didn't clean house.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Your base game disc was manufactured before Sept. 2012?

And are you on Win 10 now? Technically, TS3 disc installs aren't entirely supported anymore because the DRM system they use is now considered outdated, though many even on Win 10 still seem to be able to work through that. For a more detailed explanation, you might want to consider posting this question on the EA Answers HQ board for TS3 and see if you can get Roberta's attention; they do a really good job of explaining that.

If you are still on Win 7/8, I would suspect that the prior install was getting in the way especially if the Windows Registry was not cleaned in between, or something might be wrong with at least one of your discs or the disc drive.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    I'm on a Windows 8.1 still, and yes I got my Sims 3 disk when it first came out.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    How did you patch the game after installing the disks?
  • Options
    I didn't, just the updates that came with the disk.