Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why isn't Sims Mobile on Amazon?

I have Freeplay on my Fire tablet, but Sims Mobile isn't in the Amazon app store. Any word on whether they intend to release it there?
42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited June 2018
    The game is only supported by Apple and google play. The game is not supported on Amazon tablets. @PHOEBESMOM601 found a download that will let you play the game on an Amazon tablet

also the game has certain spec requirements to run it. Phoebesmom can fill you in
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Yeah, I have an iphone, but it's a government issued work phone so I'm not about to play the sims on it lol. I tried a hack I found online where you download APK files onto the Fire tablet and was able to get Google Play on the tablet. The icon was there, but nothing happened when I clicked on it.

The game has certain requirements to run it. you need at least 2gb ram and a 2,0 ghz processor. Which fire tablet do you have? I was advised if your tablet/phone does not meet the requirements, google play won't let you download the game unless what you downloaded is not what phoebesmom is using. I'm playing on a phone and have an older amazon tablet that won't run the game
    The game has certain requirements to run it. you need at least 2gb ram and a 2,0 ghz processor. Which fire tablet do you have? I was advised if your tablet/phone does not meet the requirements, google play won't let you download the game unless what you downloaded is not what phoebesmom is using. I'm playing on a phone and have an older amazon tablet that won't run the game

Fire 10 with 64 gig. It was my Xmas present to myself last year lol. I don't think the hack works with 10. The instructions I found only went up to 8.

wait for Phoebesmom to respond. She may be able to help you with how to get it to work. I think she mentioned having the 10.
    wait for Phoebesmom to respond. She may be able to help you with how to get it to work. I think she mentioned having the 10.

Thanks!

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Fire 10 with 64 gig. It was my Xmas present to myself last year lol. I don't think the hack works with 10. The instructions I found only went up to 8.

Sage I have the Fire 10" tablet with the quad core processor. This is the info I used

https://the-digital-reader.com/2017/09/24/can-install-google-play-2017-fire-tablets-less-5-minutes/
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    edited June 2018
    edit for double post
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited June 2018

Sage I have the Fire 10" tablet with the quad core processor. This is the info I used

https://the-digital-reader.com/2017/09/24/can-install-google-play-2017-fire-tablets-less-5-minutes/
    Except that you need to be a developer to even download google play on your fire tablet and you need google services and amazon isn't google they just use android with there own OS.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited June 2018

Except that you need to be a developer to even download google play on your fire tablet and you need google services and amazon isn't google they just use android with there own OS.

@pepperjax1230

Pepper I'm not quite sure why you have such a problem with this. The files to use Google on the fire tablet are mentioned on the Amazon site. I'm certainly not a developer and it took me less than 10 minutes to download the files. I'll also mention several of those minutes were taken up by turning the tablet off and on to get them ready to use.

This is the article.

You Can Install Google Play on the Latest Fire Tablets in Less Than 5 Minutes

It used to be that installing Google Play and other Google apps on the Amazon Kindle Fire tablet required rooting the tablet, fiddling around with a file manager, and tweaking a few system settings.

But when it comes to installing Google's services on the latest Fire tablets, it's a lot easier. The arrival of the new Fire OS 5.4.0.1 update yesterday inspired me to go find instruction on how to also add Google Play to my 3-yer-old tablet, and the instructions I found on XDA Forums were a whole lot easier than I was expecting.

All you have to do to install Google Play on your Fire tablet is download and install the following APK files, in order, and then reboot your tablet.

You can even do it while reading this post in the silk browser on the tablet itself.

Google Account Manager
    Google Services Framework
    Google Play Services
    Google Play Store

Once you've rebooted your Fire tablet, you will of course have to open the Play Store app and log in to your Google account for the first time.

But once you've done that, you can then install just about any Google app. I have Gmail working on my tablet, which is great because it didn't work on previous Fire models running earlier versions of Fire OS.

The four files listed have links in the article to take you right to the file to download. All you have to know how to do is download four files in order, turn your tablet off and on and then sign into The Play Store.

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited June 2018

@pepperjax1230

Pepper I'm not quite sure why you have such a problem with this. The files to use Google on the fire tablet are mentioned on the Amazon site. I'm certainly not a developer and it took me less than 10 minutes to download the files. I'll also mention several of those minutes were taken up by turning the tablet off and on to get them ready to use.

This is the article.

You Can Install Google Play on the Latest Fire Tablets in Less Than 5 Minutes

It used to be that installing Google Play and other Google apps on the Amazon Kindle Fire tablet required rooting the tablet, fiddling around with a file manager, and tweaking a few system settings.

But when it comes to installing Google's services on the latest Fire tablets, it's a lot easier. The arrival of the new Fire OS 5.4.0.1 update yesterday inspired me to go find instruction on how to also add Google Play to my 3-yer-old tablet, and the instructions I found on XDA Forums were a whole lot easier than I was expecting.

All you have to do to install Google Play on your Fire tablet is download and install the following APK files, in order, and then reboot your tablet.

You can even do it while reading this post in the silk browser on the tablet itself.

Google Account Manager
    Google Services Framework
    Google Play Services
    Google Play Store

Once you've rebooted your Fire tablet, you will of course have to open the Play Store app and log in to your Google account for the first time.

But once you've done that, you can then install just about any Google app. I have Gmail working on my tablet, which is great because it didn't work on previous Fire models running earlier versions of Fire OS.

The four files listed have links in the article to take you right to the file to download. All you have to know how to do is download four files in order, turn your tablet off and on and then sign into The Play Store.

No problems so deleted my reply because I was wrong about the specs of the game. :s

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • SimiSimi Posts: 2 New Member
    I played Sims free play on my kindle but always had issues purchasing premium items. I'd get charged but never get the items. I had to keep a synced version on my android phone so I could make purchases there and have them on my kindle. Kindle is android but usually doesn't play nice with non Kindle centric apps. I'm fairly sure that they don't use kindled for testing as their testers would have found those problems. I'd love to play this on my kindle tablet, big screen ftw! This is a fairly new game, hopefully as their profits increase we'll be able to play on more than just phones.