Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Let it go... Let it go... Can't hold it back anymore...

I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Rockannie wrote: »
    My mom woke me up calling me....dad was taken to the VA by ambulance. Burning in his throat and slight short of breath. She told me EMT didn't think it is anything life threatening. Keeping her company now.

Oh no!! I'm sorry to hear that, I hope that everything is ok :(

He just called. He's being released. Doctor says it's acid reflux. He wears one of those sleeping masks as well. Mom thinks it could be that. Maybe it needs to be cleaned.

Glad to hear your dad is okay.
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Wait! What's this? A new Chrysanthemum Tango -chapter? How can this be? Did I actually decide to just stop hesitating and finish the chapter I've been feeling unsure about? I think I did. So there you go:

Chapter 49: Ghost in the Mail
    ZAh2OOu.jpg

Tad searches for his wayward pupil. Amelia grieves. They try to help each other, and a haunted mail-order becomes important. So it's all pretty normal, all things considered.

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely time!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member

@superkyle221 you couldn't resit could you?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    June 6th - CitizenErased14

it is now june 6th so citzenerased birthday is offically here.

happy birthday Amanda. thank you for your humor and friendship.

Here's a picture because I always love the pics...I think CathyTea is busy...hmm. Anyway, mine is not as good as CathyTea's would be but here you go. :)

Happy Birthday @CitizenErased14 !
    tuKjexnl.png
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @friendsfan367 and @Bugsie2016 you guys are so sweet. :blush: Thank you! :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Happy birthday, @CitizenErased14 !
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    edited June 2018
    @friendsfan367 and @Bugsie2016 you guys are so sweet. :blush: Thank you! :heart:

sorry about no card. thats cathtea. i still need to figure it out. hope your birthday is awesome. :)
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

Here's a picture because I always love the pics...I think CathyTea is busy...hmm. Anyway, mine is not as good as CathyTea's would be but here you go. :)

tuKjexnl.png

i'm sure she is too. she was off a few days from work for dental surgery and the new semester either just started or is starting soon.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

@superkyle221 you couldn't resit could you?

@MadameLee Nope. And I will not apologize.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    Hey everyone :)

I was wondering, does anyone here have a career in writing?
    I've actually been thinking about changing careers, but I have no idea where to start. I know it sounds dumb.....I mean, I only write an insignificant SimLit.....it's not like it would ever get published lol. I just keep thinking to myself that I really enjoy writing and putting the screenshots together, I wonder if this could turn into a career?

Me too!! I'm planning on publishing on kindle in a week or so, combining my short story blogs, talking about 7th and 8th generation on Sims Mobile. Maybe that will work as a start???

How do you publish something on kindle?? I didnt even know that was possible lol
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Shadami wrote: »
    Okay, I need some help... I've seen people putting polls in their stories on WordPress for things like heir voting. ANd I have absolutely no idea how to do that and would really love to for a 7sins post I'm currently working on. How is it done? Is it something built into word press? Do I need to get a poll from another site like strawpoll?

Hi, @Shadami ! Here's some info about WordPress and PollDaddy: https://en.support.wordpress.com/forms/polls/

I'm not completely sure that this functionality is available with free WordPress, but you can try!

What I did was create my poll through PollDaddy, then I got the embed code and info from there and inserted it into a WordPress post.

So you can try that, too!

If you run into issues/questions, feel free to check back. I just sort of experimented around, but if it doesn't work for you through experimenting, check back, and I'll be happy to see about providing more specific instructions!

I did mine from the admin section of my wordpress.

Go the full website address of your website: E.g one of mine is : 'https://thepeopleofthelighttribestory.wordpress.com' then add '/wp-admin' onto the end. This is the admin dashboard. Highlight 'Feedback' in the sidebar and you should see a poll option. As @CathyTea mentioned you can make a polldaddy account and use that (not sure if I made mine separate so just do that). Then you should be able to add new polls. :) You can link them by going to your list and hovering on it, you should see the options 'Edit | Embed and Link |Close | Preview | Delete' Click Embed and link. This will take you to a menu like this. (The blocked out black square is where your email is btw that's the difference between the photo and what will show up for you.)
    jUnNpo6l.png
    I would go the one titled 'Short URL'. This can be used to link on the end of a post/chapter rather than making a new one. It's the direct link to it. :) Also works for linking to tumblr and here.

Edit: Once you've had votes when you hover over the option in the polls menu (where all your polls are...) you now see..
    'Edit | Embed and Link |Close | Preview | Delete | Results' Obviously results is how you see what was voted for and close is to close the poll.

This helps alot to. Thanks to both of you. I'm gonna get a better understanding of WordPress soon. XD
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited June 2018
    Happy Birthday, @CitizenErased14 ! Any plans? :smile:
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Chater Four of Building Willow Creek: Spirit Animal Legacy is out.
    Eighmey has discovered that she's afraid of the dark and is trying to figure out what to do about it.
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Thanks @RipuAncestor and @CharmingMaruska :blush: And yes, I do have some plans with my fiancé and friends tonight. I’m excited! :) Thank you for asking!
    snvAF3B.png
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member

tuKjexnl.png

i'm sure she is too. she was off a few days from work for dental surgery and the new semester either just started or is starting soon.

Happy birthday @CitizenErased14 ! Hope you have a wonderful day.
    @Bugsie2016 I seriously thought that was @CathyTea 's poster. It looks great.

tuKjexnl.png

Happy birthday CitizenErased14 ! Hope you have a wonderful day.

Nah, CathyTea's are better. xD
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    so apparently you can cancel the pre-made holidays and make your own!!
    6adMCGP.gif

tuKjexnl.png

Happy birthday CitizenErased14 ! Hope you have a wonderful day.

i didn't want citizen to have to wait. her birthday is easy for me to remember. its the day after moms and the exact same day as my grampa. .hes been gone for years now but thats how i remember. ironically alli remember about cathteas without looking is its the end of july.

its ironic because i see her more. :)
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Happy time zones all! Dropping an update.

Undead Bites 4 - The Yakuza

AmQSCQy.png

pronterus wrote: »
    Happy time zones all! Dropping an update.

Undead Bites 4 - The Yakuza

AmQSCQy.png

i know i might never read this vampires scare me. well vampires and the mom in the first chapter of red story. but i always love your titles.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Oh! I forgot to check the birthday calendar!

Happy belated birthday, @cshaner ! Haven't seen you in ages! Wishing you well! :)

cshaner.png

And very happy birthday to @CitizenErased14 ! Hope you're having a great day!

citizen.png

Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Nah! Yours is beautiful! Thank you so much for doing that! I'd glanced at the calendar a few days ago, and I remembered the dates wrong! I thought our next birthdays weren't until June 12! Silly me! I should look every night.

Anyway, thanks for stepping up! I appreciate it so, so much! Sissy is right--I've been super busy! (And yes, the summer term just started, plus my main job is always, always busy these days! )
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »

Nah! Yours is beautiful! Thank you so much for doing that! I'd glanced at the calendar a few days ago, and I remembered the dates wrong! I thought our next birthdays weren't until June 12! Silly me! I should look every night.

Anyway, thanks for stepping up! I appreciate it so, so much! Sissy is right--I've been super busy! (And yes, the summer term just started, plus my main job is always, always busy these days! )

No problem. :) I figured you were busy with something. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top