Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Happy time zones all! Rainy season has begun here. :)

My rainy season started with heavy rain in the morning to the point that even with an umbrella, I had to take shelter like other people when it got too strong. On the way to work, I only had to cross one street before getting to my office. But the street was flooded and there was a strong current of muddy water going down the slope. Not wanting my shoes to get wet, I tried to look for another way but there was road construction there, so I thought I could quickly wade through, thinking that the water was shallow enough for only to get my soles wet. But once I stepped foot in the water, it reached way past my ankle so both of my shoes were soaked. I walked the remainder of my commute with squishy shoes.

So there I was in the office that morning, the only person barefoot while letting my socks and shoes dry :lol:
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    We're finally out of the rainy season... kind of. And I've long since started waterproof sandals everywhere, which neatly helps me avoid the wet socks problem.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    There is one thing I hate about writing Underlove.
    And that's writing about mornings.
    Because they're in Snowdin. A land filled with snow.
    So you can't really say "The sun rose"
    Because if the sun rose, there would be no snow.
    So, what am I supposed to write?
    "The morning became a thing"?
    XD

Can't you still have sun with snow, just not intense heat. In winter, we still get snow during the day here, it's just a cold day. :)
    There is one thing I hate about writing Underlove.
    And that's writing about mornings.
    Because they're in Snowdin. A land filled with snow.
    So you can't really say "The sun rose"
    Because if the sun rose, there would be no snow.
    So, what am I supposed to write?
    "The morning became a thing"?
    XD

Lol! I love this. XD
    Well in NZ it can get very sunny and snowy at the same time.

You get snow??? I didn't think you did for some reason... :lol:
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    HWOXYNM.png

Damion and Hazel share secrets in chapter 28!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    edited June 2018
    Hiya everyone ! I like this talk of rainy season ! We're in hot dry season now, but that's often a great precursor to a good rainy season in a month or so! Love summer rains!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    @CathyTea I created a lot of good riddles for an upcoming chapter of the Swanson Legacy I can PM them to you so you don't get spoiled by the answers
    6adMCGP.gif
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,050 Member
    Happy timezones, folks! Hi, @CathyTea ! I'm loving the rain talk as well! Our summer started with heavy storms this year, but I'm enjoying it. It's a great opportunity to start writing again after being on hiatus for 6 months...
    Ooh, we discussing rain? We haven't actual had any rain here lately. I know. :open_mouth: I need some...I miss it! I'll trade you all for it if you want. You can have our sun (not warm, just sun) if you want...
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i think moms friends are inflencing her.lol. shw has a facebook account but says that shes not on much. were friends because of words with friends. their were2 people with her name. usually it takes a few days to a week for her topost back. today right after,
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Happy timezones, folks! Hi, @CathyTea ! I'm loving the rain talk as well! Our summer started with heavy storms this year, but I'm enjoying it. It's a great opportunity to start writing again after being on hiatus for 6 months...

It snowed here mid April and now we're getting hot weather with thunderstorms lately.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)

It snowed here mid April and now we're getting hot weather with thunderstorms lately.

That sounds quite similar to where I live! Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking? :smile: And how's your simself legacy going?
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member

Same for me legacy.
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @CathyTea I created a lot of good riddles for an upcoming chapter of the Swanson Legacy I can PM them to you so you don't get spoiled by the answers

YES! I'm excited. I'm bad coming up with riddles, but I love them!

We have clouds on the horizons today! So exciting.

Hi, @CharmingMaruska ! I've missed you! So nice to see you here! How are the studies going?

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @CathyTea Wonderful! I had my final exam last week, so I'm actually not a student anymore - I'm a doctor now! It's so weird, I still can't wrap my head around that :lol:

How are you? Do you have a new SimLit project?
    @CathyTea Wonderful! I had my final exam last week, so I'm actually not a student anymore - I'm a doctor now! It's so weird, I still can't wrap my head around that :lol:

Congrats!! :)
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member

Congratulations @CharmingMaruska ! :smiley:
    @Bugsie2016 @simscognito Wow, thank you, guys! :smile:
  • BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member

That's awesome! Congratulations! Do you mean a medical doctor or a PhD? Either way I'm so envious right now, I can't wait till I'm not a student anymore xD
    Congratulations on officially becoming a doctor!!! @CharmingMaruska
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member

That is awesome @CharmingMaruska !! I want your Sim Selfie and make her a Dr. In my #BuildNewcrest Challenge: A Simself Legacy SimLit!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! What a huge accomplishment! :) Super proud... Just think, we can say "we knew you when!"

I'm good! I do have a new SimLit writing project! It's a novel built around @BBQPenguinWings ' Summer House build. I'm really having fun with it. There's only one screenshot per chapter, and every Sunday's post is a poem, written by the narrator (who is also me, but fictional!). I'm enjoying it.

Congratulations again on completing your studies and your exams! :) Dr. Maruska! :)

Okay, I need some help... I've seen people putting polls in their stories on WordPress for things like heir voting. ANd I have absolutely no idea how to do that and would really love to for a 7sins post I'm currently working on. How is it done? Is it something built into word press? Do I need to get a poll from another site like strawpoll?
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member

Same, where I'm at.

It's as if we never even got Spring this year. :(
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
    Shadami wrote: »
    Okay, I need some help... I've seen people putting polls in their stories on WordPress for things like heir voting. ANd I have absolutely no idea how to do that and would really love to for a 7sins post I'm currently working on. How is it done? Is it something built into word press? Do I need to get a poll from another site like strawpoll?

Hi, @Shadami ! Here's some info about WordPress and PollDaddy: https://en.support.wordpress.com/forms/polls/

I'm not completely sure that this functionality is available with free WordPress, but you can try!

What I did was create my poll through PollDaddy, then I got the embed code and info from there and inserted it into a WordPress post.

So you can try that, too!

If you run into issues/questions, feel free to check back. I just sort of experimented around, but if it doesn't work for you through experimenting, check back, and I'll be happy to see about providing more specific instructions!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top