Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blurry/grainy textures and poor Edge smoothing

Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
edited November 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
The only thing im a bit disapointed about is the texture quality on both sims and objects especially on sims faces. Even for a console game it feels very blurry low res. Also edge smoothing on things like counters, doors and tvs seems pretty jaggy. I would have thought playing on a pro would be a benifit for this due to boost mode. When you look at the screenshots used to market the game prior to launch and the released game itself the graphics quallity again texture wise and edge smoothing isnt as high as the images used to advertise, same for the missing 2016 lighting update which is present in the advertised screenshots being used to sell the game, its just a bit disapointing. I hope these thing get improved as overall its an awesome game and other then the low textures and jaggies the game looks amazing and im having lots of fun playing.
Post edited by Simsfan99111 on

Comments

• MalacathMalacath Posts: 40 Member
    Well now you mentioned PS Pro it would be nice if they enhanced the game for both the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro.

I'm playing on the Xbox One X and it would be nice if they game took advantage of the extra power somehow.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Malacath wrote: »
    Well now you mentioned PS Pro it would be nice if they enhanced the game for both the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro.

I'm playing on the Xbox One X and it would be nice if they game took advantage of the extra power somehow.

Yeah hopefully EA/Maxis will do that. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited November 2017
    The only thing im a bit disapointed about is the texture quality on both sims and objects especially on sims faces. Even for a console game it feels very blurry low res. Also edge smoothing on things like counters, doors and tvs seems pretty jaggy. I would have thought playing on a pro would be a benifit for this due to boost mode. When you look at the screenshots used to market the game prior to launch and the released game itself the graphics quallity again texture wise and edge smoothing isnt as high as the images used to advertise, same for the missing 2016 lighting update which is present in the advertised screenshots being used to sell the game, its just a bit disapointing. I hope these thing get improved as overall its an awesome game and other then the low textures and jaggies the game looks amazing and im having lots of fun playing.

I've noticed this as well with the blur especially when viewing the city of Myshuno at night. This is suppose to be ultra settings.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited November 2017

I've noticed this as well with the blur especially when viewing the city of Myshuno at night. This is suppose to be ultra settings.

Thats what we were told and the reason why i actually bought the game is because it was confirmed on twitter that it would be the same as pc on ultra pc specs (the lighting update too) Im also glad im not the only person to notice. The fact they are using pc footage to sell the game is pretty bad too imo. I wouldnt say it is texture wise. other then that and the odd jaggy edge on objects the game looks amazing. Hopefully they work on the textures and jaggy edges because its a good game.. Be nice to see them take advance graphically of the pro and x if they havnt already.
    Post edited by Simsfan99111 on

Thats what we were told and the reason why i actually bought the game is because it was confirmed on twitter that it would be the same as pc on ultra pc specs (the lighting update too) Im also glad im not the only person to notice. The fact they are using pc footage to sell the game is pretty bad too imo. I wouldnt say it is texture wise. other then that and the odd jaggy edge on objects the game looks amazing. Hopefully they work on the textures and jaggy edges because its a good game.. Be nice to see them take advance graphically of the pro and x if they havnt already.

What we need is that feature we check off that makes distant objects more sharper. I forgot what it's called it starts with a p and you check it on I believe to make distant objects and backgrounds sharp. I think it's called post pardum effects or something.
    edited November 2017

What we need is that feature we check off that makes distant objects more sharper. I forgot what it's called it starts with a p and you check it on I believe to make distant objects and backgrounds sharp. I think it's called post pardum effects or something.

Post-Processing effects. Im just hoping textures get improved as they just look so blurry and low res even for a console game.

Post-Processing effects. Im just hoping textures get improved as they just look so blurry and low res even for a console game.

Maybe they can add post processing effects to the consoles.
    edited November 2017

Maybe they can add post processing effects to the consoles.

I agree it would look so much better. I hope the do also the option to choose between 30 fps or 60 fps. More choice for the pro and x graphically
    Some games have options on the settings so that you can select what you want for example higher framerate, visual quality etc so it would be cool of we got something like that for the pro and x.
    I also just want to apologise if i have offended anyone by creating this post as it wasnt my intention and i am sorry.
  • BombSpyBluesBombSpyBlues Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Simsfan99111 said:
    > I also just want to apologise if i have offended anyone by creating this post as it wasnt my intention and i am sorry.

I think it's important to bring up as a suggestion. I too feel that this is something that should be a top priority for the team to take advantage of, it definitely makes the world come alive and adds to a more enjoyable experience when I'm "playing with life." Here's to hoping for the magic to happen.
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    The game has 🐸🐸🐸🐸 performance so I would actually want a visual downgrade instead. Since the lighting update it lags and stutters so much so I want them to fix it somehow, downgrade or whatever.
    edited July 2018
    sikasika18 wrote: »
    The game has plum performance so I would actually want a visual downgrade instead. Since the lighting update it lags and stutters so much so I want them to fix it somehow, downgrade or whatever.

I agree about performance it has got pretty bad for me to the point that its constantly stuttering and lagging, sims just stand around for a while before they acknowledge the action i have assigned them. But it was doing that before the lighting update. Having said that it is a console and there is only so much processing power available. Its probably never going to play as smooth as silk like it does on pc due to the consoles hardware. I don't think anyway but i could be wrong, hopefully the devs can prove me wrong with that. I would like to see the game optimised for the pro and x as i feel like they can run it better and more smoothly, i bet the x can at the very least and from what i have seen from youtube videos the game plays better on xbox then on PlayStation anyway.
    edited July 2018
    opps sorry double post
    I noticed something tonight with Texture in Myshuno. The city lights are blurry in the distance but use the free camera or whatever it's called they become much sharper. I hope that they can make it like that for the normal camera in the game.

Another thing I've noticed is the outdoor lighting is dim even at noon. This is something else I'd love to see fixed. There is no setting in the game on the console to brighten the light. Note I'm on PS4.
    So PS4 Pro and the Xbox 1 got better textures and a faster framerate in the update today however the PS4 which I have that isn't a Pro didn't. Hope that's coming in a future update.
  • KUROJINKUROJIN Posts: 1 New Member
    So, I noticed after purchasing some DLC that the female shirts no longer smooth to the body type. They look low res, and change the body shape to look BOXY like Lara Croft in the ORIGINAL "Tomb Raider"... ON THE ORIGINAL PLAYSTATION. Who was the lazy schmuck that put out half finished product in the DLC, and who is the Lead Designer who OK'd shoddy shirt meshes to slide through to the end consumer? I'm literally angry with these last DLC purchases, because CAS is where I spend most of my time, since I rebuild every game I start by evicting the generic sims and replacing them with singles and families I create myself. The turtlenecks and some jackets in "Seasons", as well as pretty much EVERY shirt from the "Spa Day" pack look BOXY. Is this only a console problem? Is anyone else having the problem? Myself and my lady are both having the same problem, on 2 different XBOX One's.