Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

windows 10 / sims 3 / rivatuner doesn't show fps

I did all things from this and this thread.

However, I prefer to use rivatuner because it show fps in all games. In sims 3 and sims 4 I can use code "fps on" but I always forgot to type in. I'd rather have fps number without typing code. And other games doesn't have option to show fps, so external program is very convenient.

When I typed "fps on" in main menu in sims 4, number immediately showed in bottom left corner. It was not more than 30 fps.
In sims 3, when I typed "fps on" in main menu, fps counter didn't appear in any of corners. Should I enter the code in actual gameplay or what?

Anyway, back to rivatuner. Bellow is screenshoot of option I use. I used it when I had windows 8 and it worked in all games.
Now I assume, that it doesn't work since it doesn't show fps number in games.

eifq85kf8hni.jpg

And also,
is there bottom bound of fps which should be not setted? I mean, can very low number of fps damage graphic card?

I have these, if it's matter:
Intel (R) HD Graphics 4000
NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M
And also, It's laptop.

Sorry for typos, english isn't my first language.
And I not really into technical things. ;)

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2018
    Hi there. Not positive, but judging from the preview it looks like you have the zoom set so low that the number on the in-game screen would be too small to see. Can you try increasing the zoom size? Also Show Own Statistics should be switched to On, you have it set to not display anything. You also must make sure that RTSS is running (minimized with the "-" button) and not quit with the "X," or else it won't be running while the game is.

Having said all that, your dedicated graphics card is low-end which unfortunately brings limitations to gameplay beyond a certain point and I would be surprised if runaway frame rates, which is what most of us turn to RTSS for, were even possible on TS3. On TS4, the game has its own built-in fps limiter.

Very low, below 10 or 15 fps consistently, not just occasional sudden drops, as you move the game camera around would not be damaging, but they wouldn't indicate very good performance either.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    chojrakchojrak Posts: 188 Member
    edited May 2018
    It was "show own statistics". Now, it's switched on and all work well. Thanks. :smile:

Before I know rivatuner I had max 60-70 fps in sims3. I have all graphic settings on high or medium, and game is working smoothly. I hadn't burn graphic card in this laptop yet, which is 6 years I think. I guess sims 3 is more destructive to hard disks, because it's already my third disc in last two years. :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2018
    Glad that setting was all it was then.

Fps rates of 60-70 may be uncapped, but they aren't that bad. Those with stronger graphics cards, and hence the ones that tend to destroy game performance, cause screen tears and crashes, and can burn out from being over-stressed if left uncapped, will needlessly generate fps rates in the hundreds or even thousands.

Sims games are not known to be all that destructive to hard drives. Sorry that yours don't seem to be lasting very long, but there could be something else about that laptop or the drives themselves that is giving them such short lifespans.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited June 2018
    Just to note about you hard drives failures, laptop hard drives in general can fail more quickly then desktop drives and some laptop makers use cheap ones. Avoid moving your laptop around when the hard drive is in use as this can damage the drive in the long run.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide