Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will Sims 4 run well on my Mac?

I have recently thought about wanting to play The Sims 4 on my MacBook. Does anybody know if it would run well?

Comments

• HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Well, what are the specs of your MacBook?
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Sims 4 should run fine on your MacBook. Just make sure you have at least 8GB of RAM as the more EPs, SPs and GPs you add, the more your Mac will struggle to run the game if you only have 4GB.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    @tremayne4260 I'm considering buying the latest Macbook Pro 13", with it's 8GB ram. How does that compare to playing with 4GB ram? :smile:
    You should be good to go. While 4GB of RAM is recommended in the game specs for the Base Game only, BlueBellFlora and myself recommend at least double that (8GB) to run the game with more EPs/SPs/GPs that are added to keep your computer from struggling to run the game. And if you add any CC or Mods, that too will slow down your game.
  • illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    You should be good to go. While 4GB of RAM is recommended in the game specs for the Base Game only, BlueBellFlora and myself recommend at least double that (8GB) to run the game with more EPs/SPs/GPs that are added to keep your computer from struggling to run the game. And if you add any CC or Mods, that too will slow down your game.

@Tremayne4260 Thank you for your reply! :smile:

With my late-2013 pro that I run the game on now, I have issues with foggy elements like the sauna and various vampire animations where the fps drops like crazy when visible. Do you know if that will prevail with the latest Macbook Pro? I'm guessing that is a graphics card issue.
    It could be.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    @tremayne4260 I'm considering buying the latest Macbook Pro 13", with it's 8GB ram. How does that compare to playing with 4GB ram? :smile:

If it helps, I just upgraded to a MBP 13” with 8GB RAM coming from a MacBook Air that only had 4 GB. It’s a huge difference.
  • VenessaVeeVenessaVee Posts: 187 Member
    I play on an 8gb MacBook air and have have my MacBook for about 2 years. When I installed I played on low/medium setting and haven't had a problem at all. =)
    @VanessaVee, you have 8GB of RAM which helps and play on low settings. Most people who own the MacBook Airs want to play on Ultra High with all EPs/SPs/GPs and a ton of CC.