Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Non-Existent Sim Standing On Floor Tile

There are two arches from my foyer into and one of them has become unroutable. I went into build mode and tried to move things around and there seems to be something blocking the door. I resorted to the sledge-hammer and deleted the area, but the floor tiles in front of the door were resistant. The message says something like "Floor tile is supporting a Sim." I'd just sent the last two to bed and had to point them to the other door, walk them through it, then send them to bed. I thought maybe it was an invisible, stuck visitor. I used MC to try to reset any sims on my lot, but the only ones listed are mine, and they are all in bed. I tried the sledge-hammer again, this time in conjunction with 'moveObjects on'. It still didn't work. How do I clear the door.

Comments

• MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    It seems to have cleared itself. One of my sims started getting out of bed, then popped into the blocked archway. I was able to walk him back and forth through the archway without any problem. I would still like an answer though. How do I find out which sim is causing the problem without resetting every sim on the lot?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2018
    It sounds to me like one or more sims had an inactive social or doorway jig left behind near the archway. Jigs are small, usually invisible objects that reserve space for interactions that are either ongoing or have been abandoned. They can be removed by flushing them out with MasterController (on the ground of the lot, MC > Object Stats > Non-Inventory > look for anything with "jig" in the object name) without disturbing the sims who aren't really using them at the time. If they are, the sims may jump to one side or become reset themselves in the process.

Generally resetting sims or even the entire lot does not remove stuck jigs. Doorway (archway) jigs can be particularly tricky. Those not using mods or MC would have to evict their household from within Edit Town, copy the lot down to the bin, bulldoze, replace with a copy, and move everyone back in again in order to clear them. But it sounds like it cleared itself up in this case, as you said, without your having to use either method.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net