Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Twinbrook's Destiny

latest?cb=20120317122643
In its heyday, Twinbrook was a small industrial town at the mouth of the Simislaus creeks. Years later, the dam was built, bringing dramatic changes to the town. With an influx of professionals, artists and inventors living around the Sim-made lake, Twinbrook is experiencing a rebirth. How will life in this eclectic community turn out?

Hello guys, I'm Karon, from Brazil.
I've been looking for a way to play rotational style in Sims 3 for a week and I finally found out how to. Ialways loved the premade sims and i really wanted to play with them. I dont know if i will be able to play all of the towns from all games, but i want. I will start from Twinbrook, cuz its set in the far past of the timeline, before Sunset Valley. I'm not sure, but i think Bridgeport too... I was thinking about making a gameplay on youtube, but i dont have a mic, unfortunatelly. Only my earphones mic... haha Here in Brazil, good mics are too expensive... So i decided to record my game in a tumblr.
I am also thinking about doing a season 2 in Sims 4, recreating all of them and their houses... idk
I wanted to know some things from you guys:
Which Twinbrook families was your favorite and why?
What do you think happened to them?

Here is where i will be posting it: Karon's Twinbrook

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Oh, goodness. I never played the families in Twinbrook, just my own. I think lots of twists with midnight stalkings and mailbox checking... O.O

Good Luck! =D
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited May 2018
    Honestly,my least favorite townies are Twinbrook families. :( I am a townie junkie and they are just bad genetically and all around hideous.My library is full of townies but not one from TB.The world I like, so my suggestion is since you like townies and like Twinbrook is to snag and library favorites from other worlds and place them in some empty TB houses.

But if you want kids and a wife where you have to hide their photo's when company comes over then jump right in.

And as far as the story it is basically a setup intro to all the new features with ambitions.That is why they mention the professional's.artists and inventors that is basically saying

As a interior designer you will change the look of the buildings

As a fashion designer you will change the look of it's inhabitants.

Pretty much that in a nutshell.New skilled people moving in turning the town
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Hunter Household is nice
    Kat is such a cool cougar
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    Hunter Household is nice
    Kat is such a cool cougar

haha me too! Do you think that Kat ended up marrying Buck? Or what?
    Honestly,my least favorite townies are Twinbrook families. :( I am a townie junkie and they are just bad genetically and all around hideous.My library is full of townies but not one from TB.The world I like, so my suggestion is since you like townies and like Twinbrook is to snag and library favorites from other worlds and place them in some empty TB houses.

But if you want kids and a wife where you have to hide their photo's when company comes over then jump right in.

And as far as the story it is basically a setup intro to all the new features with ambitions.That is why they mention the professional's.artists and inventors that is basically saying

As a interior designer you will change the look of the buildings

As a fashion designer you will change the look of it's inhabitants.

Pretty much that in a nutshell.New skilled people moving in turning the town

I cant blame you! Sims 3 people usually look ugly, probably the game aesthetic helps them to look ugly... Lets not talk about Amy Bull! haha She looks like a clown or something!
    You should check a townie called Terry A. Keyes... He's asian, and i think hes pretty cute! (he's homeless when you start the game!)
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)

Oh, goodness. I never played the families in Twinbrook, just my own. I think lots of twists with midnight stalkings and mailbox checking... O.O

Good Luck! =D

oh! Talking about stalking... I have Nraas Story Progression, and all the time I receive notifications about a stalker guy who doesnt get over his ex! O,O
    edited May 2018
    Buck got Kat pregnant in my game.. that's when the problems started. Buck left Kat when the baby was born.
    Kat got remarried with Shark Racket. They had a baby together as well and are very happy.
    Buck ended up alone because he was too self centered for his own good..
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I find Ana Liza Riddle fascinating. An old lady mystery writer who lives alone and has no children, but has a room decorated for a little girl in her house, and is enemies with her neighbours. So many possibilities for a story!
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    I find Ana Liza Riddle fascinating. An old lady mystery writer who lives alone and has no children, but has a room decorated for a little girl in her house, and is enemies with her neighbours. So many possibilities for a story!

I love her! She reminds me of Jessica Fletcher.
    In my game she is a PI and writes novels on her free time. She adopted a girl whose name is Jessica :lol:
    edited May 2018
    Hey guys, i posted some of my first gameplay in the tumblr. I played with Gala and Buddy, from the Art and Love Household. For them, I'll try to follow a Sims 4 object description about them... I think it comes with Movie Hangout Stuff.
    Buck got Kat pregnant in my game.. that's when the problems started. Buck left Kat when the baby was born.
    Kat got remarried with Shark Racket. They had a baby together as well and are very happy.
    Buck ended up alone because he was too self centered for his own good..

I'll think about doing this!

I love her! think that she is planning on adopting a kid!

I love her! She reminds me of Jessica Fletcher.
    In my game she is a PI and writes novels on her free time. She adopted a girl whose name is Jessica :lol:

She reminds me of Agatha Christie haha
    Jessica Riddle is a cool name!

• AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    I have one save in which I killed all the young adults and above. The goal was to raise the teens until adulthood and to populate Twinbrook from the start with them. Sort of an apocalyptic challenge with a twist. I got to the point where they have babies / toddlers already, should continue this save sometimes... (it's been a while since I played this save...)
    The families I played with are: Baker, Racket, Greenwood, Curious, and a few more I forgot the names but basically every family that starts with kids.
    Btw as someone mentioned above, the townies are really ugly so I did edit them but really slightly. Mostly the ones who aged from child and their proportions gone wild.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I'm not really understanding the gist of this thread. If we wish to calculate the Density of Twinbrook, it should be pretty straightforward. We must first get the volume component of the calculation. So put a known volume of water into a swimming pool, get everyone to jump in, and take a reading. For the mass component, it could be tricky to get all of the sims in town to stand on the same scale...

Igazor, read the subject line of this thread again. :angry:

Ohh... >:)

I find Ana Liza Riddle fascinating.
    This is one of those sims whose names I had to read 10 times before I saw the pun. Oh, it's not L-eee-za, it's L-eye-za!
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited May 2018
    Oh, i forgot to say that I dont feel safe with my english, sorry if i write something grammaticaly wrong here or on my tumblr... I decided to do that to train my english. I never had any lessons and learned it by myself. You guys are free to tell if i say something wrong, i was born to learn and i am not afraid of that! hehe
    igazor wrote: »
    I'm not really understanding the gist of this thread. If we wish to calculate the Density of Twinbrook, it should be pretty straightforward. We must first get the volume component of the calculation. So put a known volume of water into a swimming pool, get everyone to jump in, and take a reading. For the mass component, it could be tricky to get all of the sims in town to stand on the same scale...

Igazor, read the subject line of this thread again. :angry:

Ohh... >:)

I find Ana Liza Riddle fascinating.
    This is one of those sims whose names I had to read 10 times before I saw the pun. Oh, it's not L-eee-za, it's L-eye-za!

hahaha yes, i love Twinbrook names. The asian guy i mentioned is Terry A. Keyes (Teriyaki).
    Edit 1928120371: Oh, i forgot to say thanks to you Igazor. It was through your posts that I discovered how to play in rotation. I am really thankful!
    Karon wrote: »
    Oh, i forgot to say that I dont feel safe with my english, sorry if i write something grammaticaly wrong here or on my tumblr
    In case I was the one who prompted this, your English is fine. I was having a joke at your expense by my pretending to confuse Destiny with Density (two totally different words). You used the correct word.

And glad to see you found the Rotational Play SP strategy useful. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Oh, i forgot to say that I dont feel safe with my english, sorry if i write something grammaticaly wrong here or on my tumblr
    In case I was the one who prompted this, your English is fine. I was having a joke at your expense by my pretending to confuse Destiny with Density (two totally different words). You used the correct word.

And glad to see you found the Rotational Play SP strategy useful. :)

oh no, haha i understood it was a joke! For now its useful... I'll trust in your word!
    Do you think that i can corrupt my game by changing homeworld using the traveler?
    edited May 2018
    Do you think that i can corrupt my game by changing homeworld using the traveler?
    This is TS3, we can corrupt our games just by looking at them funny.

I've used Traveler's method to change homeworlds on my ongoing game more times than I could possibly count. No issues, as long as the steps are followed exactly as described here, in the section on Switching Homeworlds towards the end.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler FAQ

But whatever you do, make sure you have an extra Save As made before travel, before switching, etc. to revert to in case something does go wrong. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited May 2018
    This is TS3, we can corrupt our games just by looking at them funny.

I've used Traveler's method to change homeworlds on my ongoing game more times than I could possibly count. No issues, as long as the steps are followed exactly as described here, in the section on Switching Homeworlds towards the end.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler FAQ

But whatever you do, make sure you have an extra Save As made before travel, before switching, etc. to revert to in case something does go wrong. :)

i'll bookmark that! Thanks again, Igazor! You are awesome!

Also, what do you guys think about DeAndre?
    Post edited by Karon on
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    Twinbrook has some weird genetics for sure, but I'm fond of it. Amy Bull may look like a clown, but if you dress her up with regular clothes, she's stunning! (I bet @CravenLestat has already done it). I also like Cho SonWhun. I believe the Castors and the Greenwoods are cool too. There are some nice-looking sims among the Rackets and I give plastic surgery to several others.

DeAndre has a ridiculously huge mansion that is useless for a generational gameplay.
    I think he always has children with Gala Ball in my games. Have you read "Holland Family" by @emorrill ? She tailored an awesome story that involves many townies from Twinbrook.

By the way, I'm also Brazilian. :-P
    People here are very nice and they're from many places in the world. Don't be ashamed of being able to speak in English and keep on upgrading your vocabulary. I guess grammar is the least concerning topic, though.
    Twinbrook has some weird genetics for sure, but I'm fond of it. Amy Bull may look like a clown, but if you dress her up with regular clothes, she's stunning! (I bet @CravenLestat has already done it). I also like Cho SonWhun. I believe the Castors and the Greenwoods are cool too. There are some nice-looking sims among the Rackets and I give plastic surgery to several others.

DeAndre has a ridiculously huge mansion that is useless for a generational gameplay.
    I think he always has children with Gala Ball in my games. Have you read "Holland Family" by @emorrill ? She tailored an awesome story that involves many townies from Twinbrook.

By the way, I'm also Brazilian. :-P
    People here are very nice and they're from many places in the world. Don't be ashamed of being able to speak in English and keep on upgrading your vocabulary. I guess grammar is the least concerning topic, though.

yes, i was looking at her, and Amy is pretty. I think her purpose in the town is for you to give her a makeover or something like that whit the new carrer. Cho SoWhun and Terry A. Keyes are my favorite townies of Twinbrook! I'm going to play with the townies and the npcs too...

IDK if i'm going to keep Gala and DeAndre together. He refused to kiss her in the last date, and i heard that he usually starts dating more girls around the town... Basically Don Lothario. I was thinking about getting him and Sofia Carlton together, she is probably going bankrupt at some point, seeing that she has no talent and probably received everything she had from inheritance. The two seem to match one another.

I didnt knew about the @emorrill story... I'll take a look!

I was thinking about doing gameplays on youtube to train my pronunciation... I dont speak english out loud to much to train it, ya know?! But thanks! hehe
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    Thank you for that shout out @thuggishsplicer . :blush: You're too sweet. :heart:

@Karon Welcome to the forum and you can find my Holland Family Story in a much better place, with no broken picture links, on my blog here :)

Have fun playing Twinbrook! :grin:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    edited May 2018
    emorrill wrote: »
    Thank you for that shout out @thuggishsplicer . :blush: You're too sweet. :heart:

@Karon Welcome to the forum and you can find my Holland Family Story in a much better place, with no broken picture links, on my blog here :)

emorrill wrote: »

haha thanksss!!! I already played Art & Love, the Bakers and the Bayless households. I was starting to play with Marc Brandt, but then his house started to catch on fire and I pretended that Amy Bull invited him to stay with her! hahaha

I'll check you story too! Thanks for the welcoming! <3
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    @emorrill You know I was telling the truth! ;-)

@Karon Marc Brandt always ends up with Amy Bull in my games. LOL
    However, their kids are better when they look like Amy.
    @emorrill You know I was telling the truth! ;-)

@Karon Marc Brandt always ends up with Amy Bull in my games. LOL
    However, their kids are better when they look like Amy.

Shes really pretty without her make up, but Marc is quite... different looking hahahaha