Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mac help threads & guides - PLEASE START HERE BEFORE POSTING A PROBLEM - *updated 05.06.15*

18910111214...Next

Comments

• Options
    YOLOxLOLxYOLOxLOLx Posts: 13 New Member
    Hey! I didn't find anything here for my problem. I bought generations a few months ago but when I tried to open it it said an error has occurred and thats all it says. I thought I could fix it by just leaving it alone. But that didn't help so I got mad and deleted everything. I deleted my sims 3 file but now when I try to download it again there is no install button or reinstall button (I use origin) so now my last resort is the forums! So here I am asking you.
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    There are uninstall instructions in the Mac User's Best Friend guide under BlueBellFlora's blog. :)
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    whatsername2895whatsername2895 Posts: 1 New Member
    hi i have a cuestion, i have the sims 3, im trying to play with the game but i can´t when i open the launcher and press start the screen goes completely black and nothing happens, i try to uninstall the 2 times but it doesn´t work. i have the MacBook Pro, 2,5 GHz Intel Core i5, Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, MacOS Sierra. i don´t know if is my laptop because i use to play the sims with this one.

PS: I´m so sorry for my english, i only speak spanish
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Welcome. First of all, 4GB RAM isn't enough to run the game. If at all possible upgrade to more RAM. That probably is why the game isn't starting at all.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    SimsspirationSimsspiration Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi there! I'm reinstalling The Sims 3 because I git bored of The Sims 4, however I can't get S3PE to work correctly. Whenever I click on File > New, it closes. I followed Tamalinn's thread but the link to @queueing's guide is not working anymore. I download XQuartz but it's still not working, I have to admit I have no idea what I'm doing! Dashboard is working fine through mono only though.

I hope this is the right place to ask, I thought about opening a new thread but couldn't find the big blue button mentioned in the forum tutorial. Plus, since it's just a matter of out-of-date tutorials, wasn't sure it was worth it. Thank you very much, have an amazing day (evening?)!

PS: I'm playing on a iMac end 2015, El Capitan version 10.11.6.
  • Options
    gracefully_gauche18gracefully_gauche18 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey! Can't find the blue button in the forum either so I guess I'll just post a response here. I accidentally deleted my Electronic Arts folder for the Sims 3 (I have the base game and generations installed). Does this mean I won't be able to play the game anymore? Will I need to buy it again/reinstall it?

Thanks
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2018
    Hey! Can't find the blue button in the forum either so I guess I'll just post a response here. I accidentally deleted my Electronic Arts folder for the Sims 3 (I have the base game and generations installed). Does this mean I won't be able to play the game anymore? Will I need to buy it again/reinstall it?

Thanks
    Full Membership status is required to start new threads.

Which Electronic Arts\TS3 folder did you delete? If it was the one in Documents, that was your user game folder that would have contained your added store and custom content, installed worlds, mods, saved sims, and saved games. A new one should spawn, without the content and saves, to take its place the next time you start up the game. This folder is designed to be swappable. Is it still in your Trash/Recycle Bin or is it long gone by now?

If it was the one in Applications (assuming Mac since this is the Mac board of the TS3 section, but the counterpart on Windows would be Program Files or Program Files (x86)), then you have partially uninstalled the program and it will need to be uninstalled the rest of the way and then reinstalled in order to work.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    futurevet201futurevet201 Posts: 59 Member
    This was super helpful, I also recommend "sudo purge" in the terminal 3-4 times while the game is loading from the launcher to the game.
    I did a push-up today!
    Well, actually I fell down. But I had to use my arms to get back up so...you know, close enough.
    I need some chocolate.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top