Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the pull down bed killed my sim?!?!

my sim was getting ready to sleep, and when she pulled down the bed she got stuck under it. All the sudden my other sim comes running down stairs to mourn! my sim was in fetus position under the bed. then the grim reaper came, and yea she died. so did the bed kill her? i didnt know this could happen. it was the very first time she pulled down her bed too.

Comments

• my1helopilotmy1helopilot Posts: 1,487 Member
    edited March 2013
    It's a death trap ... Read it has a high probability of crushing a Sim especially with the unlucky and clumsy trait.
  • Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited March 2013
    Don't shake vending machines either. At least it makes a pretty ghost. My personal favourite. And if you hate ghosts, SN and ST added ways to resurrect your Sim fully without the bloody ambrosia.
  • blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited March 2013
    Yes that was also one of the deaths in the Sims 2 University EP. I never experienced it myself, but i had heard that it could happen. Sorry about your sim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVsFnH5CfwU
    YShQCz1.png
  • Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited March 2013
    Yes that was also one of the deaths in the Sims 2 University EP. I never experienced it myself, but i had heard that it could happen. Sorry about your sim.

(Apartment Life)
  • ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited March 2013
    my condolences :cry:
  • blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited March 2013

(Apartment Life)
    Thanks for the correction hon. I knew it was one of them. :lol:
    YShQCz1.png
  • my1helopilotmy1helopilot Posts: 1,487 Member
    edited March 2013
    I thought this was useful information ....

Murphy bed:
    This bed is much more dangerous than the vending machines.
    By default there's a 35% chance it will fall on the sim when they try to pull it down.
    Unlucky, Clumsy, Couch Potato or Absent-Minded have a 40% chance of it falling on them.
    Athletic, Lucky, Disciplined or Brave sims have a 30% chance of it falling on them.
    There's a 8% chance it will result in death.
    Unlucky or Clumsy increase this chance to 18%.
    All sims get a clinophobia buff when the bed falls.

Vending Machines:
    There's a 10% chance your item will get stuck in the machine.
    Sims can shake or slam the machine.
    There's a chance the item will unstick if you do the above.
    There's a chance of a free item if you do the above even if something isn't stuck which is not too exciting considering the candy and soda only cost 5 simoleons anyway.
    There's a chance the machine will fall over and kill the sim. The chance is pretty slim. Finally EA didn't over do it. The chance is higher if you slam the machine vs shake it.
    If the machine does kill a sim, the grim reaper will buy a soda when he comes.
    Sims have a 5% chance of getting a golden soda can or a 'Lilly Lonka' golden candy bar which are both worth 1000 simoleons.
    The vending machine can be upgraded to be unbreakable.
    There are energy drinks available.

Copied this from Nraas posted by Chain_Reaction
  • tjalisetjalise Posts: 13
    edited March 2013
    thanks guys :D i had no idea it would kill her :( but luckily it was right after i had saved it, all i had to do was go back to my last save :) its a shame, that bed is SO cute but i probably wont use it from now on.
  • tjalisetjalise Posts: 13
    edited March 2013
    I thought this was useful information ....

Murphy bed:
    This bed is much more dangerous than the vending machines.
    By default there's a 35% chance it will fall on the sim when they try to pull it down.
    Unlucky, Clumsy, Couch Potato or Absent-Minded have a 40% chance of it falling on them.
    Athletic, Lucky, Disciplined or Brave sims have a 30% chance of it falling on them.
    There's a 8% chance it will result in death.
    Unlucky or Clumsy increase this chance to 18%.
    All sims get a clinophobia buff when the bed falls.

Vending Machines:
    There's a 10% chance your item will get stuck in the machine.
    Sims can shake or slam the machine.
    There's a chance the item will unstick if you do the above.
    There's a chance of a free item if you do the above even if something isn't stuck which is not too exciting considering the candy and soda only cost 5 simoleons anyway.
    There's a chance the machine will fall over and kill the sim. The chance is pretty slim. Finally EA didn't over do it. The chance is higher if you slam the machine vs shake it.
    If the machine does kill a sim, the grim reaper will buy a soda when he comes.
    Sims have a 5% chance of getting a golden soda can or a 'Lilly Lonka' golden candy bar which are both worth 1000 simoleons.
    The vending machine can be upgraded to be unbreakable.
    There are energy drinks available.

Copied this from Nraas posted by Chain_Reaction

yea thanks! i'll keep this in mind for next time :lol:
  • mandyamandya Posts: 575 Member
    edited March 2013
    In Sims 2 my sims NEVER died from the Murphy bed. I mean when it came out I used it ALWAYS and none of my sims ever died. Hmmm
  • PinkyPop60PinkyPop60 Posts: 152
    edited March 2013
    There are two solutions I found. The first time my sims pulled down the bed, she was killed, so I found a solution.

1. you can save right before you pull down the bed and if you die restart the game

2. or if you want to do it the quick way, you can press Shift+Ctrl+C and type in resetsim your sim's name. So for example "resetsim John smith". After this, your sim will return to a standing position and the "expire" action will disappear from the top of the screen. Therefore you will not die.

Hope this helps!
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited March 2013
    So far that bed has gobbled up two of my sim, but did not kill them yet.
  • lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited March 2013
    Keep death flowers in your sim's inventory. :) Then use the bed all you want!
    er0s4g.jpg
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited March 2013
    Found this video.. :lol:http://youtu.be/wa_6UcxyTkE

When i sent my Sim off to Uni i gave her a death flower. Her room i chose did not have a murphy bed but i added one anyways. :wink: Not sure if i want to use the flower trying to kill her with the murphy bed or by ranting about death..
    (Ranting about death and having grim show up to take your Sim results in a shiny new achievement.) Final Destination (Bronze)
    http://simsvip.com/2013/03/01/sims-3-university-life-achievments/
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • JHBrownJHBrown Posts: 566 Member
    edited March 2013
    Ouch! What a way to go. :shock:
  • indpntsimindpntsim Posts: 132 Member
    edited March 2013
    I am so glad I read this now. I am downloading University Life now and I love that **** Murphy bed but the hell with it if it is a menace!!! :D
    Save water...Drink beer!!!

OriginID: nurse167
  • EiszimmerEiszimmer Posts: 969 Member
    edited March 2013
    That is absolutely hilarious.
  • sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited March 2013
    ya the bed can kill. Luckily my sim has done the bed but only got squished, and then won't go near them for awhile. even if u tell her to, she cancels it out and won't go near the bed. lol.. i don't want her to die yet, but it is funny.
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited March 2013
    8% chance of death? I must be really lucky then, I get squished by it a LOT. It shouldnt be able to kill you if you have high skills/needs :/
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited March 2013
    That's good to know although my sims are pretty lucky - they rarely die in unexpected ways. Even when I want them to die :P
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • LizzythesimmerLizzythesimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    This happened to me. I full built up an amazing life, took me a full couple of hours and then she just got squished. The Grim Reaper came and I quickly changed her traits to unlucky so she could live but like actually what.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited May 2018
    In TS2, you had a chance of dying when it fell on you if you had low needs. At least you knew when it was a possibility. :D
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi folks, I'm closing this thread as it was necro'd after such a long time as per forum rules:
    Necropost. Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top