Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chernobyl Project

ITEAM*
Chernobyl power plant
ChNPP Office
Chernobyl Office Building
ChNPP Diesel generator unit
ChNPP technical magistral.
Nuclear spent fuel storage ISF-2
chernobyl nuclear fuel storage building
chernobyl rail building02
Coolant Pumps Unit N°1
Coolant Pumps Unit N°2
Coolant Pumps Unit N°3
Coolant Pumps Unit N°4

Chernobyl NPP Site
ChNPP Units 5 and 6
Reactor N°5 assembling building
Unfinished Reactor 5 and 6 nuclear spent fuel storage

New nuclear spent fuel storage ISF-2
i have made that in the sims 3, but its complex to make. had to use google earth to see it in 3d, they no blue print for this site.

any help? where i can make my own oject? program.ect

Comments

• white_lily_1988white_lily_1988 Posts: 1,664 Member
    edited August 2011
    Is this a world you plan to make?

If yes, I wonder who would want to play it? I was born in Soviet Union at the beginning of 1988 after the nuclear explosion of Chernobyl. It wasn't fun at all

Many people got sick and even today (after many years) a lot of people suffer of cancer.

Of course it's up to you..... I wouldn't play this world
  • MARCELLINO1617MARCELLINO1617 Posts: 25 New Member
    edited September 2011
    yes, it is a world i plan to make. i started yesurday.
    make 2 world at full scale.

CHERNOBYL and PRYPYAT.

The Ghost Town.

i get alot stuff from http://www.modthesims.info/browse.php?gs=2
    and more info about ChNPP at http://www.chnpp.gov.ua/eng/
  • IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited September 2011
    Is this a world you plan to make?

If yes, I wonder who would want to play it? I was born in Soviet Union at the beginning of 1988 after the nuclear explosion of Chernobyl. It wasn't fun at all

Many people got sick and even today (after many years) a lot of people suffer of cancer.

Of course it's up to you..... I wouldn't play this world

I can understand why you wouldn't wonna play this world and some others will prob follow you in this.

Personally I wasn't born when this happend, BUT i always have been facinated in a weird way about what happend (I like history alot).
    And While people cannot enter the grounds of the town nomore due to radiation, i would find it facinating to see that sims can. (sorry if this offends people who where there.).

I'm not saying i didn't care for what happend there but it was kinda the same as what happend in ********* (thankfully no meltdown though) But people will be sick there for a few generations to come there too.

Anyway too Marcellino, If you are gonna make Chernobyl and Prypyat there isn't mutch to do i'm afraid, I would say look up documentery's on youtube wich shows you how it is now.

This is one that shows some tourists who visit chernobyl
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pZ0NaKDq8&feature=related

or this one wich was from the news by looks of it also gives a few vieuws of how it looks now.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F67x81-0rZ0&NR=1

Again i don't mean to offend anybody cause i do know that this IS a touchy topic to come by for people who lived there who saw what happend or lost family/friends in it.
    And i do think marcellino is making it for the reasons i gave, that it is a special place in history, nothing ever happend like this and will never happen like this again (hopefully, not in this bad of a way).

sorry for the wall of text and mercellino i look forward to seeying your first pictures of your project.
  • Liltab1121Liltab1121 Posts: 3,131 Member
    edited September 2011
    I want to see his projects, this one post has brought me to youtube and I'm learnign things I've never knew about. VERY INTERESTING.
    259g3le.gif
  • tjstreaktjstreak Posts: 808 Member
    edited September 2011
    There is a book and a documentary called "World without People" which discusses what would happen if the human race suddenly vanished. Chernobyl is offered as an example.

But as a game, it strikes me as being the ultimate unplayable world. Your sims enter the town, and die.
  • tjstreaktjstreak Posts: 808 Member
    edited September 2011
    There is a book and a documentary called "World without People" which discusses what would happen if the human race suddenly vanished. Chernobyl is offered as an example.

But as a game, it strikes me as being the ultimate unplayable world. Your sims enter the town, and die.
  • mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited September 2011
    I find this project interesting for a couple of reasons.

First and foremost is that it keeps the history alive. When we forget about things that happened in the past on a cultural level, we are doomed to repeat the mistakes made that led to such things as the Chernobyl disaster.

By creating this world with attendant design elements and structure to accurately portray the reactors and the town, MARCELLINO1617 is doing his part to keep the history relevant.

It would be like someone deciding to recreate Treblinka or Dachau, or the Japanese Internment camps of the 1940's, or part of the Baton Death March - the project isn't about making it entertaining and playable so much as it to showcase a concept. And these concepts are very far from entertainment. They are supposed to make you very uncomfortable.

Second (a very distant second in fact) is I am always looking for worlds that would play well with The Apocalypse Challenge. A neighborhood based on one of the worst nuclear disasters of my generation would actually play very well into the story. I can also see that it may be a very good choice for machinima artists.

I look forward to what MARCELLINO1617 comes up with.

God Bless,
    mik

edited September 2011
    ok. i made half of the map into a world. full scale. the land im done with the land, just add tree and made the builing and add color to the ground.background.
  • BlizzardianBlizzardian Posts: 106 Member
    edited September 2011
    I admire your idea but personally I wouldn't want to play in such a world. It would be better to simply create a fictional world. Still there died lots of people from the accident. Many very sick children were left and later born.
    I was a little child when it happened and I'm one of the children called "Generation Tchernobyl", having serious problems with the thyroid. I am definitely not offended in any way (the only thing I would find absolutely offensive would be creating a concentration camp like Auschwitz for the Sims).

I will still be looking forward on how your world will look like. Simply to see how you model the catastrophe into a playable world.

Sorry, just my 2 cents ;) Or the "Wort zum Sonntag" (sorry, only understandable for the Germans out there^^).
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited September 2011
    The meltdown at Chernobyl was most tragic indeed, but this type of thing might also appeal to those of us who wish we could right every wrong in the world but know we can't so do the best we can with what we have, then turn the rest of it to a video game where everyone lives in Utopia and the worst thing that ever happens is the Sims die of old age after a long and happy life. :D
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
    edited September 2011
    yea, the map/world is looking good.100s of 1,000s of trees. and may LOT. i play S.T.A.L.K.E.R of Chernoby. they 3 games. all from Russia i believe. look just like the real thing.

MAIN PHOTO Coming Soon

http://kinostalker.com/?lang=en

edited September 2011
    Anyone who wish to download the ChNPP POWER PLANT,can.

NOTE: ITS IS NOT DONE, BUT MORE LIKE HALF PRE-VIEW.

The Chernobyl World. be done by Saturday.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4545535
    edited September 2011
    Lucky, get the Blue print data sheet from the gov wow.
  • VanyaBraginskiVanyaBraginski Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    D: the map was removed! and i'd really want to play in this world! could you please put it up again or something??? I really really wanna play this world, it seems like an interesting idea
  • KompotBeastKompotBeast Posts: 1 New Member
    GET OUT OF HERE SIM
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi all,

As this thread is from 2011 I will be closing it - necro posting is a little bit against the Forum Rules :)

Thanks,
    -Mage
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top